Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

yuming posted:

##vote Ninth

:sun:

scummiest vote yesterday.

##vote yuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Controlling you how? Is it making you do something?

I put in the action for the ring but the pm talked about how thirsty I was. I ended up having to drag the urn down to the river and drink out of it like i did the night before

originally i thought it was a hide but it's clear that the coins are disappearing and I didn;t have a choice so maybe a poison? idk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Now I'll never get a head in this game!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am going to try to read the game with fresh eyes. I admittedly have no idea who is scum at this point.

Last night I tracked Diqnol and he went nowhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually, I'm not sure he went nowhere. I found Diqnol's house gone, so maybe my item didn't work properly. The flavor is much different than any other night I've had before.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

is it possible your item disappeared his house

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

is it possible your item disappeared his house

I don't think so.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

Actually, I'm not sure he went nowhere. I found Diqnol's house gone, so maybe my item didn't work properly. The flavor is much different than any other night I've had before.
prolly an item death judging by death flavor, it is a new one

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

Hey everybody some jerk stole my candelabra.
still got the masonry?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fits posted:

Just as a five minute process of elimination by who I think is town, probably one of TT or yuming or Opop. I get the feeling there's at best one scum left.

how did you reach any of these conclusions

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rascyc posted:

still got the masonry?

Yup.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
stealing the candles from you makes little sense if they were confirmed to be making a masonry instead of doctoring, hmmm

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There were no NKs on the previous night that two of our perceived protection roles were out of commission or did something differently. Diqnol's ring was in TT's hands but TT didn't ID it/use it. TNL's candles were in Keane's possession which did not give him doctor flavor but rather formed a mason with Merk.

Actually we have a third item: wins what have you been up to with your self-protecting item that you think guards your mind? What have you been receiving?

I really want to hear from Wins what he's been doing with that item he claimed back on like d2 or d3

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the masonry been like lately?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was out of town until this morning, so we haven't said much.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Current Day 7 Votecount

yuming (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (7): CCKeane, fits, merk, Rascyc, Tremendous Taste, wins32767, yuming

:h: With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Posting for a list of alive people.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Diviners get items off lynches if they've voted them? That's the first I've read that I think. Fits would have an item at this point and could corroborate.

Wins is on record for saying he also got an item off chic, one he also believes is protective in nature

Yo, whatever happened with this theory about Diviners re: fits?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Rascyc

You have somehow spent all game talking about items and never scum hunting. I might pull this into a case later today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
yuming, if you're town, you are now a liability because you have been lurking and not scum hunting so badly.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

##vote Rascyc

You have somehow spent all game talking about items and never scum hunting. I might pull this into a case later today.
Re-read earlier days or something, I was casing up until Merk-athon began two days ago. You've just been ignoring me for awhile, I don't know.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

Yo, whatever happened with this theory about Diviners re: fits?
The running theory that wins pushed forward is that Inventors expel all their items into the thread upon death. That is the only verifiable one we have.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Yeah so we should vote one of merk or Keane off today. I frankly don't believe their claim about being masons given Ninth's flip.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I've been using it nightly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

Yeah so we should vote one of merk or Keane off today. I frankly don't believe their claim about being masons given Ninth's flip.

This is really short sighted. It's almost as short sighted as you thinking I was bussing Chic and then never following up on that case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Re-read earlier days or something, I was casing up until Merk-athon began two days ago. You've just been ignoring me for awhile, I don't know.

I did read. You weren't really.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

This is really short sighted. It's almost as short sighted as you thinking I was bussing Chic and then never following up on that case.

How is it shortsighted? What reason would Ninth have to lie about the item given that he flipped town?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

How is it shortsighted? What reason would Ninth have to lie about the item given that he flipped town?

Your theory says you don't believe we are masons, meaning we are communicating in the scum doc. What reason would scum Keane and me have to get a lynch of a town in exchange for both of our lives? That's an awful strategy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
wins, what do you think of Rascyc?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think it's between Keane and probably TT at this point.

There stands no in-game explanation for an item to do something differently on a different day, especially if Keane used the item in the same fashion as TNL. Divine seems like a bad role if it lies to you about an item's usage and TNL already gave the explanation of the candles and his full NA history. My thought is Keane received the candle from TNL and then used a different item on Merk and would have gone with claiming whatever flavor he received as the candle's flavor to evade TNL. All his reads as far as I can tell have also been cautious, and he seems to bounce around not caring who gets lynched. This is probably the serial killer.

TT's juke about the ring was terrible and unless he's actively playing against his win-con, there's no reason to skip using your own PR on the ring two nights ago. The urn stuff he's claimed today is probably to get out from being called on it two days in a row. I don't think he's actually done anything this game other than claim random stuff.

F_V would be my third for being so bad at times it seems almost intentional. This is mostly in regards to holding the vote hostage on Meinberg when we were going to lynch TNL three days ago and she sat there saying he was town the whole time. This one is generally at odds with my Keane/TT theories though because I think if the scum believe TNL has a protection item, then they would have rather he be lynched three days ago instead of yesterday. Pushing a Meinberg mislynch is a pretty weak scum move.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

Your theory says you don't believe we are masons, meaning we are communicating in the scum doc. What reason would scum Keane and me have to get a lynch of a town in exchange for both of our lives? That's an awful strategy.
No the theory is that Keane probably duped you (and us) for the day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TT probably does need to be lynched.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

No the theory is that Keane probably duped you (and us) for the day.

I think that's a fine theory. That's not wins' theory:

wins posted:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm not voting Merk. This is how the last Ecco game went down the drain - Somber left Merk up forever and eventually town just mislynched him because they got lazy. There's no winning track that I can tell that Merk follows here to win the game as any alignment but town, unless he is straight up trolling his own scum team or is going for a "I don't care about winning" serial killer and has some extra power granted to him to biolocate tracks - no.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Only if you didn't think you could talk your way out of getting voted out today. I've seen you run really risky gambits before, I wouldn't put it past you.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

wins32767 posted:

Only if you didn't think you could talk your way out of getting voted out today. I've seen you run really risky gambits before, I wouldn't put it past you.
ugh case actual stuff in the game, not phantoms

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

Your gambit theory requires that I bussed two scum buddies and then pissed on all of the town credibility I got from that in order to get TNL lynched off of a fakeclaim that implicates two remaining scum players. How can you possibly believe that theory?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I'm not voting Merk. This is how the last Ecco game went down the drain - Somber left Merk up forever and eventually town just mislynched him because they got lazy. There's no winning track that I can tell that Merk follows here to win the game as any alignment but town, unless he is straight up trolling his own scum team or is going for a "I don't care about winning" serial killer and has some extra power granted to him to biolocate tracks - no.

I'm happy to vote Keane first, but at this point I'm not sure why merk hasn't been killed by the scum if he's town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

I wouldn't put it past you.

You wouldn't put it past me is much more guarded than 'yeah, we must lynch one of Keane and merk today.'

Your poo poo today isn't ringing true, wins. ##vote wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Your gambit theory requires that I bussed two scum buddies and then pissed on all of the town credibility I got from that in order to get TNL lynched off of a fakeclaim that implicates two remaining scum players. How can you possibly believe that theory?

And yet Rascyc and Taste didn't seem to think it was an issue, so you didn't really piss away your credibility.

• Locked thread