Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yes, please, Ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hi I'm back in the dorms from swing club. Ernie's claim is weird but this is an ecco game so anything is possible I guess. Idk why he claimed this early tho? Did you flip a coin whether to claim or not Ernie

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What, exactly, do you consider "faking" content to be, Somber? Because I don't really think there is such a thing as "fake content"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Those look delicious, good job

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This weekend I've been stupid busy helping to prepare a fundraiser at my work + moving more stuff into the dorms, so I haven't really had time to keep up with this thread. I'm going to try to read it tomorrow after classes and I'll post some impressions as I read

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok I am done w/ classes for the day and now I actually have a few hours to read the thread, I'll try to finish it all tonight but since there's now 30 pages idk if I'll be able to tbh, but either way I should be able to actually be around to contribute tomorrow

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Anyone have suggestions for people I should primarily focus on during this read I'm doing (currently on pg 14), or should I just go ahead and focus on the vote leaders

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

A couple of impressions from where I am in reading this game (pg 16)

Diqnol and Ras feel townie, neutral on Byers, no real scumpicks yet

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Nooot sure if I'm gonna be able to catch up completely by deadline, but I should at least be around to vote if we need me to avoid a no-lunch

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Looks that way, yeah

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wins32767 posted:

So where is your head at in terms of voting?

Since I doubt I'm finishing my read before deadline I'm willing to vote pretty much anyone to prevent a no-lynch. If I do manage to finish somehow that may change tho

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wins32767 posted:

Why don't you take a quick read of the vote leaders so we know where you stand?

Ok I did so really quick and I feel the worst about EP so ##vote Epsilon Plus

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess i should do a quick rarity read, then

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok after a read of Rarity I agree they look like a decent lynch ##vote Rarity

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh apparently Byers had already hammered

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Rarity (12): Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, merk, True and Real, -merk, -Ernie., -True and Real, Somberbrero, merk, -merk, -fiery_valkyrie, Rascyc, -Somberbrero, merk, True and Real, CCKeane, Meinberg, wins32767, Ernie., Epsilon Plus, Opopanax, fiery_valkyrie, Byers2142, Chic Trombone
Epsilon Plus (2): CCKeane, -CCKeane, CCKeane, -CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, Byers2142, -Byers2142, Byers2142, wins32767, -wins32767, Asiina, Chic Trombone, Opopanax, -CCKeane, -Opopanax, -Byers2142, -Chic Trombone
wins32767 (2): yuming, fiery_valkyrie, -fiery_valkyrie, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Rarity, -Rarity, Rarity, Epsilon Plus, -Rarity, -Meinberg, -Epsilon Plus
Meinberg (2): merk, fiery_valkyrie, -fiery_valkyrie, Ernie., wins32767, fiery_valkyrie, -Ernie., Ernie., The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Rarity, -merk, The Ninth Layer, -wins32767, -Ernie., -fiery_valkyrie
merk (1): CCKeane, -CCKeane, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, True and Real, Opopanax, -Opopanax, Opopanax, -True and Real, Byers2142, Tremendous Taste, -Byers2142, -Opopanax
Ernie. (0): Rarity, yuming, Byers2142, -Byers2142, -Rarity, Byers2142, -Byers2142, -yuming
Byers2142 (0): wins32767, Opopanax, merk, -Opopanax, -merk, The Ninth Layer, merk, -merk, merk, -merk, merk, -merk, -wins32767, -The Ninth Layer
Somberbrero (0): True and Real, -True and Real
True and Real (0): The Ninth Layer, merk, -merk, merk, Rascyc, -The Ninth Layer, -merk, -Rascyc
yuming (0): Ernie., -Ernie.
The Ninth Layer (0): Byers2142, -Byers2142
bowmore (0): True and Real, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, -True and Real
Asiina (0): True and Real, Ernie., -True and Real, -Ernie.
CCKeane (0): True and Real, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Somberbrero, -True and Real, -Ernie., -Epsilon Plus, -Somberbrero
Opopanax (0): Rarity, -Rarity

Not Voting (2): bowmore, kaschei

:h: With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 27th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 19 minutes.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

This is an Ecco game, you need to unvote first.

Oh, I thought that votefinder thing Ecco said was already in effect, my bad ##unvote

##vote Rarity

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##grab necklace

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

##vote Kaschei

I used my ring on him and I don't love what it probably did. I'll be rereading shortly.

??? Explain, if you can?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I do agree it was bad that taste grabbed everything btw, not sure if it's scummy but it sure was rude !!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Personally I'm leaning town on wins right now but I think it's suspicious that all his preferred lynch candidates yesterday were lurkers

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I always consider wanting to lynch lurkers on D1 supicious, because it gives town very little information from the flip. D2-on it's fine but on D1? nooot so much

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

I think lynching a lurker d1 is just as valuable as lynching a high posting person because to lynch anyone you need enough people to agree to it and you'd be able to evaluate why people did. It might actually be a better choice for scum hunting purposes because it's easy to fake an excuse to vote for someone who posts a lot.

I disagree because I feel like going into D2 the town needs information more than anything else, though I can see your point

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

I whiffed this incredibly awkward reaction to the Ernie claim from yesterday.

I was trying to soft claim that I gave him my coin

I'm bad at soft claiming :smith:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fits posted:

Did ernie claim getting a coin? Seems simple enough to verify a hamfisted breadcrumb

He didn't claim it but it was in the pile of his stuff from last night

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

The flavor was very ominous. Between what happened and my previous read of him, I think it's very possible he had a BP that absorbed my vig. If that is the case, he's probably scum.

Why does BP make you think scum :confused:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

He was lurking and leaning scummy, would make sense that he wouldn't care about possible consequences with BP to burn. It also just feels like I'm right?

But the BP wouldn't protect him from a lynch? I dunno man if you think he's scum that's fine I think he was being scummy too but I don't see how the BP would make you think he's MORE scummy

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Has it been mentioned re: Somber that he's posted almost nothing D2 but was pretty prolific D1? I feel like he's trying to fly under the radar

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Who plays mafia on the weekend? There was a lot of craziness happening in the Megaman game Friday too.

The argument for me is wrong so I don't feel compelled to respond to it and I acknowledge that's lame. Good luck don't lunch me!

This is a scum post ##vote Somb

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I was gonna say more re: Somber but I am on my phone at work and cannot type long posts atm

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly I have played really badly this game, I was stupid busy D1 and just haven't been able to get into the game. I still haven't even read the back half of D1 tbh

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

Why didn't you replace out?

I thought I'd be able to get into the game D2 but then more things happened and I haven't been able to

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

Are you going to post anything that helps us find scum? Who do you think is scum right now and why?

Right now Somber and EP are my biggest two scumpicks, and I'm wary of Asiina too. Somber's "why me" post at 2 votes feels like a scum trying to gain townie sympathy to me, and EP has avoided the thread a lot D2 after being one of the main lynch targets yesterday and it feels like he's trying to stay quiet in order to dodge suspicion. Re: Asiina, Diqnol pretty much covered it when he said that she's been posting in other threads a lot but not posting in here much which is weird

I'll write something more substantial up about them in a while, but right now I have a botany lab to get to.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Deadline's in three hours. I'd still like to lynch Somb or EP, where's everyone else at rn

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I don't want to get lynched.

##vote chic Trombone

Somb made this post at -6

This is not a town reaction to pressure, this is scared scum all the way

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Rascyc posted:

You just literally said "I don't want to get lynched either" with this post fwiw

Are you really saying it's scummy to point out someone else doing something scummy

is that what's happening here

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Rascyc posted:

That's after one person already vote switched for said post, taking you from -2. It's like you quoted it hoping more people would switch off you.

I don't care if they switch off me or if someone else comes in to vote Somb but getting scum lynched is literally the point of the game, and I think Somb is scum, so why wouldn't I point out something scummy he did to get people to vote him?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fits posted:

I kind of got out of sorts with this game :shobon:

Getting home from work in 10 minutes? Where are we standing?

Vote leaders are me and Somb, tied up at 7 votes each. Scroll up a bit and Diqnol quoted the main cases on each of us

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

It feels like a forced case, or oversold. Chic, is merk bussing you?

I dunno about merk but I'm not scum, so it's not a bus

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Chic, your response is a bit weak.

What else is there to say? I'm not scum and don't really have a firm read on merk, so all I can say is that it isn't a bus. Like, I lean scum on him but that might be because I'm a bit salty at him that he's done this hard turbo thing on me two games in a row, I haven't really had the chance to sit down and read him for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Got a role to claim?

I have items to give out. The coin I gave to Ernie was one of them, and I gave a necklace to Diqnol last night. I am unaware of what these items do, prior to their use

• Locked thread