Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd like a post restriction.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
merk always does this as scum.

merk never does that as scum.

merk only does this as town.

I've never seen merk do that as third party.

-Mafia 2014-2015

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I "randomly" draw scum over 45% of the time now, so I'm a good vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, the Ecco vernacular includes the phrase "mod people."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Yes, the Ecco vernacular includes the phrase "mod people."

merk has used quotation marks in his last two posts. The last time he did that was in X-Men mafia where he was scum. ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

merk has used quotation marks in his last two posts. The last time he did that was in X-Men mafia where he was scum. ##vote merk

This is a great case, but in Megaten Mafia merk was a Town Doctor who used quotation marks in two posts in a row and was killed night 1. I don't want to vote out a power role on day 1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My pr this game is to solely make votes based on meta. This will require the most work I've ever put into a game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fits posted:

:munch: Checks out

Good burn in that game:

xythar posted:

basically says that all the scum have to do is lurk on day 1 and we're guaranteed to lynch a townie.

merk posted:

I call this the "Tao Jones"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

Okay I'm getting two conflicting stories here. Merk says merk did this recently as scum but merk says merk has done this as town before. If merk is right then merk was being disingenuous and so ##vote merk.

Who are you pandering to with this case? I find your use of disingenuous disingenuous in and of itself, and your case is based on a pedantic read of what merk said about merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

All merk cases must be meta-based. Didn't you get the memo with the new rules addendum?

To be fair, it makes sense. That's the only way I can ever get lynched, whether it's right or wrong. I can't defend stupid meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
edit: needless shot fired (it was a Tao Jones burn)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, well, this was a good break. I am going to go back to writing this patent application.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's the patent for?

code:
A computerized method for fixing a broken vote counter in an online and interactive party game, the method comprising:
  receiving an indication that a vote counter is unavailable;
  creating a first private communication in an online forum based on the indication, the first private communication being addressed to EccoRaven and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the first private communication at the online forum by EccoRaven;
  creating a second private communication in an online forum based on the receiving step of the first private communication, the second private communication being addressed to Tremendous Taste and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the second private communication at the online forum by Tremendous Taste;
  creating a third private communication in an online forum based on the receiving step of the second private communication, the third private communication being addressed to soru and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the third private communication at the online forum by soru; and
  fixing the vote counter.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

bowmore posted:

Merk what is my meta?

I don't really try to meta you. I think your content usually speaks clearly to me, at least I think it does. However, it's really tough to read your content when you lurk, and you do lurk a lot. This is my bowmore meta lurk map:
If you aren't lurking, you're town or scum based on content.
If you're lurking and make like ten posts in a row after an obvious mod probe, you're scum. It's tough because sometimes you lurk as town too. In those cases, though, you don't put in the big fake effort after the mod probe.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I really do need to finish up this patent application. Later goons.

bowmore, I will be forced to come up with a meta for you this game if I want to vote you, so you might get a better answer to your question!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To help me before role PMs are out, please do the following:
Identify three games where you were scum.
Identify three games where you were town.
Identify your best third party performance.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll even do it myself:

Scum:
http://votefinder.org/game/x-2
http://votefinder.org/game/killing-on-kubango
http://votefinder.org/game/scandal-at-the-gnomish-patent-office

Town:
http://votefinder.org/game/the-hunger-games
http://votefinder.org/game/harry-potter-and-the-blood-of-heroes
http://votefinder.org/game/nyc-1883-a-cyor

Third Party:
http://votefinder.org/game/ace-attorney-investigations

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Take on Ernie claim and Keane early approach

I'm trying find a game where Ernie fake claimed as scum on day 1 so I can say this is exactly like that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have some good meta to research. I'm almost home and will investigate.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
somberbrero says disingenuous as town and scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is the worst thing I've ever tried to do in mafia. How do people play this way?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Epsilon Plus gets lynched on day 1 a lot as town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Really? Can you post a game where this happens?

Literally his first three games played on the forum. I think there was one more I saw in the list. I was looking for a scum game and gave up when I just saw him die every game I opened after like six games.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'll buy it. ##unvote

You understand if this is wrong I will make fun of you forever.

I didn't say he was town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm dropping the meta thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Yes, how dare I engage you on points you brought up because you felt our discussion was over in the following post. Only scum would continue a discussion.

Keane immediately claimed an important role and tried to direct our lynch. He made it clear in his next post that we shouldn't ask questions. That's shenanigans.

##vote Diqnol

This is a huge exaggeration.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool, I'm done for day 1 I guess.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Hello I have a powerful ability and merk is scum.

##vote: merk

True and Real posted:

##vote CCKeane

Looking for blood on false pretenses, don't like it one but.

wins posted:

This is a fake post.

Diqnol posted:

It isn't. It's retarded to follow someone who claims a scum catch out of the gate, just as it's wrong to not hold them responsible for such a bad gambit.

-----------------------

Diqnol posted:

Keane immediately claimed an important role and tried to direct our lynch. He made it clear in his next post that we shouldn't ask questions. That's shenanigans.

Keane was clearly joking, as Keane jokes in every game he's ever played. You latching onto it at the outset is fake. You now trying to say it was some reasonable early d1 case is fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

You will be held accountable for being lazy and bad, merk. I will make sure of it.

Cool scum tells justifying your vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm voting Diqnol today. That's my vote. I'm going to go drink coffee and play CS.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

-----------------------

Keane was clearly joking, as Keane jokes in every game he's ever played. You latching onto it at the outset is fake. You now trying to say it was some reasonable early d1 case is fake.

MAN

if I had realized the opportunity, I could've kept my meta PR and cited other games where Keane has joked. It's too late now though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also want to clarify one thing:
Keane joking is not indicative of him being town or scum. I've seen him do both. Don't confuse my Diqnol vote to say anything about Keane.

Diqnol attacking a Keane joke is indicative of Diqnol being scum because Diqnol cannot possibly take that Keane post seriously. Diqnol's content is fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

You will not be allowed to ride your meta you stupid piece of poo poo.

Please stop with the personal attacks. We're a lot better than that here. I will replace out immediately if you make one more on anyone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

##vote Byers

Way too engaged in setup/role spec and no where near engaged enough in finding scum.

This feels like a good vote. Around the whole Ernie claim thing, Byers happily dove into it and didn't really say much about anything else. This post is especially indicative of content that doesn't matter in the slightest:

Byers2142 posted:

I'm not convinced on the claim yet, honestly. I keep going back and forth because making the claim as he did lines up perfectly with him being the scum nightkiller or an SK and trying to set up to avoid being labeled as such, but it's an Ecco game. I'm stuck in this weird loop of whether or not I would believe Ecco would make a role like that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

His vote on me is absolutely awful. He's already said he's gonna sit on that all day. That is simply not gonna cut it. He isn't even reading the rest of the game. He deserves your vote for that.

What do you think of Byers then? I have read the whole game on my phone and read parts this morning again, and I am reading more again.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

I disagree with lynching someone I think is town. Plain and simple. There should never be a role that is so anti-town that you will lynch it regardless of alignment. It's not fun and goes against the point of the game, which is at the end of the day to lynch scum. If I think Ernie's town, I will not vote to lynch him.

Did you think Ernie was town when you made this post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

He chose to vote for me because he knows that if he picked literally anybody else with that schtick, I'd be able to force him to seriously contribute and have the credibility to prevent him from dismissing my haranguing. What happens instead is I will continue to point out this obvious badness until someone else realizes it on their own.

You're really overstating how much persuasiveness you actually have in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I actually think Ernie is scummy for running that gambit. If he's scum, it gave scum the opportunity to say stuff about something they know will be retracted or proved to be wrong later.

I also don't agree with the gambit if he's town, it gave the scum opportunity to easily fake content while cloaked in the 'what is this claim' discussion.

Under either alignment of Ernie, I think Byers stuff is the most fake content.

• Locked thread