Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

2029 world cup looking pretty good for Australia

Long live one day cricket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Ratios and Tendency posted:

England u19 are choking hard, 79/5 chasing 127. Some horrendous looking ginger bogan leggie has 5/.

He finished with 8. England all out for 96 lmao.

Horrendous looking bogan leggies are our number one cultural export

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
so jhye richardson has only played 5 FC games yet is named in the test squad for SA.

why even bother having a FC comp lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

This dude's going to replace Lyon in the next test.

Warnie demands it

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

47/0 - 97/10.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

England have Australia u19 66-6 in the quarter final. Ominous signs for the future of Australian cricket imo.

He finished with 8. England all out for 96 lmao.

Two bad U19 teams

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

this is still annoying me. why does this dumb rule exist? hes clearly taken the catch why does he have to throw it back in or dance around the rope like a twat

it’s the same as the stupid rule where you can be run out of your bat bounces in the air past the crease

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

Two bad U19 teams

Two bad teams or one bad pitch...
YOU DECIDE!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

this is still annoying me. why does this dumb rule exist? hes clearly taken the catch why does he have to throw it back in or dance around the rope like a twat

it’s the same as the stupid rule where you can be run out of your bat bounces in the air past the crease

Think they fixed that.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Think they fixed that.

yeah I know but it took about 40 years. now they need to fix the boundary catch rule because boundary ropes are arbitrary measures for safety. if you have your feet on the ground and take the catch in the field of play it should be a catch

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

yeah I know but it took about 40 years. now they need to fix the boundary catch rule because boundary ropes are arbitrary measures for safety. if you have your feet on the ground and take the catch in the field of play it should be a catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK2qS550JXo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

this looks v suspicious they should look into this guy

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

RideTheSpiral posted:

Go with the NFL rule of "both feet down inside play"?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Schlesische posted:

Go with the NFL rule of "both feet down inside play"?

That sounds logical to me

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

if you are suggesting anyone should adopt the nfl catch rules you should probably just stop and never voice any of your thoughts again

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Please never use the NFL as a guide to any rules about anything, it is a total disaster

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I wasn't aware that you could have your last point of contact be outside the boundary.

https://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/law-changes-2013-explained/law-19-changes-boundaries/

That's too much.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

EmotionlessThug posted:

if you are suggesting anyone should adopt the nfl catch rules you should probably just stop and never voice any of your thoughts again

If you have the ball inside your hands and you have both feet grounded inside the field before stepping outside without at any stage losing control of the ball.

That's not adopting the NFL's rules, that's saying they've got a good portion of an otherwise incredibly confusing and complicated rule.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I'm with the guy who doesn't find those types of catches particularly exciting.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is next level jaded

You probably think Tait bowling 160kph is a bit tedious because it's only 10kph faster than most bowlers and you can bowl at way more than 10kph

Nah mate, was a fast bowler when I played, love it!

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Haha Faulkner fucken sucks.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Hahaha faulkner

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Philander and his outswingers that then seam back in to the batsmen :psypop:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Pujara 0* (48) at the moment

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Shmoses posted:

Pujara 0* (48) at the moment

Wonder if he is eligible to play for the Australian ODI side

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Love it when a team chooses to bowl first and blows a team away

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Or when a team chooses to bat first and gets blown away?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Or when a team chooses to bat first and gets blown away?

I think Kohli basically is doing Faf’s job for him this series

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

We're getting loving dicked by the afghans.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Aaron Finch is out of tomorrow's ODI. His replacement: Travis Head, lol.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Mister Chief posted:

Good.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lionel Richie posted:

Being openly mocked by everyone after the last world cup seemed to light a fire under them and they've finally done what everyone said they should be doing. Home advantage in ODIs in England doesn't really count for much because of the vagaries of conditions, and also they'd probably only gently caress it up anyway if they got anywhere near, so they probably won't win it, but they are actually alright at one dayers now I think and not just a flash in the pan. It's not like Buttler or someone is suddenly going to turn into a blocker (unless it's in a test match)

The irony is, we then lost in the Champions Trophy to a Pakistan side who were playing their ODI cricket very much in the mould of Cook-era England.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Crushed pool play including South Africa and the defending champs West Indies, get dicked by Afghanistan in the quarters.

Bhula, Ravindra, Allen look good prospects.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

To say we look out of sorts tonight is an understatement.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Gonna :lol: when Pakistan still lose.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
The amount of sideways movement in the India/SA test is ridiculous. More wickets should be like this. I think Indias 187 might actually be a good score.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Crushed pool play including South Africa and the defending champs West Indies, get dicked by Afghanistan in the quarters.

Bhula, Ravindra, Allen look good prospects.

Looking good for the future of NZ cricket to look good in the WC pool games and then lose in the knockout stages.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
the big bash is reaching ipl levels of going on too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Scylo posted:

the big bash is reaching ipl levels of going on too long

Aren't they expanding it next year? And yeah I lost all interest about 10 days ago.