Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Wow this woman's voice is like a knife in the ear.

Yeah I didn't like her when she was just on The Cricket Show and I sure as hell don't like her more after all these inane cutaway interviews saturating the coverage. Goes to show any one of us could have made a career out of hanging around at the cricket if only we were an attractive women who bones cricketers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah I didn't like her when she was just on The Cricket Show and I sure as hell don't like her more after all these inane cutaway interviews saturating the coverage. Goes to show any one of us could have made a career out of hanging around at the cricket if only we were an attractive women who bones cricketers.

How many of them has she boned?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

It's actually about ethics in cricket journalism.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Smorgasbord posted:

yes if theres one thing theres far too much of its women in sports media

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
[rumour] Martin Crowe [/rumour]

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

How many of them has she boned?

I assume you're being facetious, but just in case: at least one.
Lord knows how she managed to score the third-wheel role to Wells and Heath. I guess Newsboy just really loves cricket that much...?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Doctor Cave posted:

It's actually about ethics in cricket journalism.

Yeah let's not turn this into GamerGate guys

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Glad they got up the most important highlight from that match so quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4o_yBHrIyo

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

RideTheSpiral posted:

Could NZ win a world cup?? That would be hosed up imo.

I'd be down with this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't object to it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Just lol if you think that anyone who isn't the mighty ENGLAND LIONS will win the trophy

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I have just been informed that we're sending the A team instead of the lions, we're doomed

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Just lol if you think that anyone who isn't the mighty ENGLAND LIONS will win the trophy

The rugby starts in september

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

RideTheSpiral posted:

Could NZ win a world cup?? That would be hosed up imo.

I bet that the final would be NZ/SA

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Stick Cricket removed the "knocked over by a bouncer, dismissed hit wicket" animation from their iOS app out of respect for Phil Hughes :laugh:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

Stick Cricket removed the "knocked over by a bouncer, dismissed hit wicket" animation from their iOS app out of respect for Phil Hughes :laugh:

Why's that funny.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also lol at Smorgasbord the racist retard implying that laura mcgoldrick is a ladder climbing slut for marrying a cricketer.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I googled this woman to see who you lot were talking about but only found more KFC based racism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SB9vEEyLrw&t=248s

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also lol at Smorgasbord the racist retard implying that laura mcgoldrick is a ladder climbing slut for marrying a cricketer.

Well she's an attractive woman hanging around cricket grounds, she's boning the lot of them no doubt!!! obviously that's why they keep her around lol heh heh

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
You're right of course, there is (sadly) absolutely nothing unusual about a sports broadcaster being utterly incompetent at their job and the insinuation that she sucked any more dick than the likes of Mark Nicholas was uncalled for.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why exactly is she bad at her job? She's a loving presenter.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

You're right of course, there is (sadly) absolutely nothing unusual about a sports broadcaster being utterly incompetent at their job and the insinuation that she sucked any more dick than the likes of Mark Nicholas was uncalled for.

Her job is to do the human interest cutaway talk to fans in the crowd segment. She does that part as well as could be expected. Whether such segments have any place in the coverage is another matter entirely. But at least she isn't Craig McMillan or Mark Richardson arguing with Scott Styris.

We really need the World Cup to start so we can talk about that instead of arguing over this.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Honestly I have no problem with Laura McGoldrick at all and I can't believe anyone is so offended by her that they needed to post about it.

Is anyone going to the Eden Park games?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Varkk posted:

Her job is to do the human interest cutaway talk to fans in the crowd segment. She does that part as well as could be expected. Whether such segments have any place in the coverage is another matter entirely. But at least she isn't Craig McMillan or Mark Richardson arguing with Scott Styris.

We really need the World Cup to start so we can talk about that instead of arguing over this.

I was with you until you dogged on rigor. gently caress you.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I would include pushing for less crap and more insight to be part of a sport broadcasters role especially in relation to their own contribution. She fails completely on that measure. Her segments are the worst part of the cricket coverage in New Zealand hands down.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Her segments are there to build hype for the world cup I don't think they're offensive or intrusive and i expect them to go away after or even before the tournament.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think the nigh scripted crap the players feed to the commentators lately is more of a waste because it could be something good.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Honestly I have no problem with Laura McGoldrick at all and I can't believe anyone is so offended by her that they needed to post about it.

Is anyone going to the Eden Park games?

yeap, flyin back to Auckland (the worst city behind Palmerston North) for the AUS vs NZ match in 3 weeks?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

I would include pushing for less crap and more insight to be part of a sport broadcasters role especially in relation to their own contribution. She fails completely on that measure. Her segments are the worst part of the cricket coverage in New Zealand hands down.

Good thing this standard isn't applied to everyone, otherwise channel 9 would have to replace the majority of their broadcast team.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Oh no, there's a conventionally attractive woman doing cricket things on my TV! I bet she's such a slut that she makes an early declaration and collapses her batting order, that whore. Am I right, guys? I bet she makes a sexy delivery with the entire team's leathery red balls, if you know what I mean.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
I played cricket with the ACC dudes in Dunedin

Leigh Hart was so hungover he could only lie face down on the grass

Good guys

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

Oh no, there's a conventionally attractive woman doing cricket things on my TV! I bet she's such a slut that she makes an early declaration and collapses her batting order, that whore. Am I right, guys? I bet she makes a sexy delivery with the entire team's leathery red balls, if you know what I mean.

Haha good poo poo my man.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

She is just doing her job man. Less crap and more insight is kind of a lost cause when it comes to sports coverage the world over anyway. A perfectly competent presenter doing fluff pieces is hardly the worst offender in that area.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
don't worry wandle cax, defender of the universe knuc u kinte is here he will protect everyones honour.

even that useless twat mark richardson.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was with you until you dogged on rigor. gently caress you.

Mark Richardson is a massive cock and it's pretty obvious why everyone in NZ cricket dislikes the guy.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCEoeei1Ng

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He's literally the only non poo poo commentator we have. Idgaf what popularity contests he's winning or losing in new Zealand cricket.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's literally the only non poo poo commentator we have. Idgaf what popularity contests he's winning or losing in new Zealand cricket.

Counterpoint -- Leigh Hart

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Noxin of Shame posted:

Counterpoint -- Leigh Hart

All the acc guys rule. I should have said sky commentator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
skytv ran an experiment where they literally fed a senile labrador suffering from distemper a dozen rotten eggs and left it in the commentary box for half an hour during the recent pakistan ODI, to see if anyone could tell the difference between the labrador and mark richardson.

it didn't go to plan when the labrador loving shat everywhere, shed all over the seats and then pissed itself but no one watching TV noticed and scott styris decided he liked the dog better than richardson and asked to make the switch permenant.

but richardson had an ironclad contract so they let the fucker back in.