Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
They’re certainly dragging this out. I might go tomorrow morning if they keep this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Gonna lol pretty hard if we bat again and he gets out for a duck.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
WIndies on the verge of something special here

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Two bad teams.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jordan had figures of 4 for 6 after 2 overs and still wasn't good enough to get MotM

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/mar/09/cricket-beirut-shatila-refugee-camp-children

:gbsmith:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26205200/mcc-survey-reveals-86-fans-prefer-test-cricket

Survey may have been conducted at test matches, against BCCI wishes.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Oh everyone got tricked by the green pitch again.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Oh everyone got tricked by the green pitch again.

We haven't bowled well at all but yeah every year there is a very grren looking pitch in NZ and the media get all the overseas fans in a tizzy about it until they actually play on it and surprise surprise it's a typical 21st century NZ deck good for batting.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Basin reserve is always like this. Then everyone acts surprised when it is. Usually looks like a lively green top but after about the first half hour of the first session it flattens out completely until late on day 4.
Even worse this time due to the rain on the first two days. I couldn’t pick the pitch in photos as it was as green as the infield.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Just noting that I am super pleased that southee is playing

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Just noting that I am super pleased that southee is playing

Matt Henry should've at least opened the bowling ahead of him, if anything this is a seaming wicket, not swinging conditions

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Wagggggggssssss does it again

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Good job getting out to the last ball of the session ya pillock

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Well we still got them all out for 211, interesting to see how we bat as there's a definite need to push the tempo with further rain expected on Tuesday.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Bangladesh are proving that Tim and Trent's new ball spells were terrible

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kt88 posted:

Bangladesh are proving that Tim and Trent's new ball spells were terrible

Yep. Henry as well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's just because none of them have experience the glory of The Hundred yet.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

It's not actually a surprise, is it?
The only people pushing, en masse, for more short-form cricket are the administrators. And it's only about the money for them.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I hope India lose really badly at all forms of Cricket.

After all, Sachin is from Pakistan.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like India losing, I do not like Australia getting in form right before the World Cup.

Also who on earth would have predicted the result of the Eng/Windies tour being Windies winning the test series, drawing the ODIs and getting murdered in the t20s

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 11, 2019

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Cool how Moeen got banned for a Free Palestine wristband but the entire Indian team is allowed to wear army caps on the field.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Catching up on PSL and 100-year-old Misbah-Ul-Haq scored a match winning fifty to rescue his team from 20/5. True Pakistan legend like Sachin imo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Catching up on PSL and 100-year-old Misbah-Ul-Haq scored a match winning fifty to rescue his team from 20/5. True Pakistan legend like Sachin imo

Misbah Ul-Haq is now, always was, and always will be cool and good.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like India losing, I do not like Australia getting in form right before the World Cup.

Also who on earth would have predicted the result of the Eng/Windies tour being Windies winning the test series, drawing the ODIs and getting murdered in the t20s

Windies played their ODI team in the T20s apparently, to get game time for the World Cup.

It also highlights how patchy England are at the games they claim to be the best at - they will never be a good test team but they should be good at hit and giggle cricket.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Tim Southee: good captain??!?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Can’t beat 100%

Hopefully still humble too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
From a brief check of the scorecard it seems like Virat Kohli and India are frauds?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

This is just the cricket universe returning to normal where Australia are weirdly good at ODI's every 4 years. Or India are very bad. I think India may just be very bad.

God i'm loving this though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
How the gently caress did this poo poo Aust side manage to win a series in India???

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They know two batting places are probably going to be filled very quickly, so they're motivated by fear. India are more interested in politics right now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Australia is good at cricket again, cricket is good again.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How the gently caress did this poo poo Aust side manage to win a series in India???

Khawaja scored the most runs for the series too. :stare:

You Am I posted:

Australia is good at cricket again, cricket is good again.

:agreed: Can't argue with that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Uuuuhhhh.... some dickhead shot up the mosque the Bangledesh team were at/close to in Christchurch

https://twitter.com/Isam84/status/1106362833288069120/video/1

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Uuuuhhhh.... some dickhead shot up the mosque the Bangledesh team were at/close to in Christchurch

https://twitter.com/Isam84/status/1106362833288069120/video/1

Doubt day 1 will proceed given the ground's proximity to the Mosque and hospital.

edit: cancelled.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 15, 2019

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ireland won the toss and batted first v Afghanistan in their test match - from 37/0 they are now 78/8.

edit: then from 85/9 to 172 all out, quite an unusual innings

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 15, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The number 11 top scored by some margin, that's rare. A much more normal looking scorecard from the Afghans.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Looks a pretty good match at the moment.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

goatface posted:

The number 11 top scored by some margin, that's rare. A much more normal looking scorecard from the Afghans.

To be fair, Murtagh is a pretty handy batsman (in Cricket Captain games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
BREAKING: warner banned for additional twelve months due to atrocious beard