Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Neesham did his job, poo poo fielding to let them get the second there. Well batted Braithwaite.

edit: thank you lovely Trenty. Plenty of work-on for NZ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
So close

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Whoops.

rip

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol, great innings from Braithwaite but

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Is this the worst death bowling in the history of cricket?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Neesham's about to bowl
Quality reverse spoonboy, there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey, they lost, but at least they didn't look like absolute shitheels while doing so.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
very much enjoying how 3 of the top 4 probable teams have forgotten how to loving play in the last 24 hours

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Julio Cruz posted:

very much enjoying how 3 of the top 4 probable teams have forgotten how to loving play in the last 24 hours

That was very much on-brand for NZ

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I thought that was a 6 when he hit it. So close

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Neesham did an excellent job managing his short balls to be just under the shoulder that over, great work from him under pressure. Matt Henry on the other hand... unless the conditions are stacked in his favour he's just cannon fodder, I'm sorry to say I'd rather have Southee. Munro can disappear forever too.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

chaoslord posted:

I thought that was a 6 when he hit it. So close

I thought it was 6 until it appeared in Boult's hands. It was some poor camera work.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Didn't see the game, how poo poo was our fielding?

Also, Neesham did something good with the ball what the hell

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Didn't see the game, how poo poo was our fielding?

Also, Neesham did something good with the ball what the hell

A few dropped outfield catches (Boult & Munro difficult ones, Henry an absolute dolly), ground fielding passable but not great.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

lol, great innings from Braithwaite but

Ya, West indies tend to bungle it up and their wickets tend to fall all in a row. Sucks for Braithwaite he played a really great innings. Disappointed in Pooran since he has been class all throughout but he got out with such a loving poor shot.

Anyway the games the last 2 days have finally been really good.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
When Pooran down leg Hope was gone.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

A few dropped outfield catches (Boult & Munro difficult ones, Henry an absolute dolly), ground fielding passable but not great.

I honestly believe I would've been a more valuable asset to the team than Henry or Munro today. And I haven't played cricket for 15 years.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Might as well swap in Nicholls and Southee since we're guaranteed a semi.

Hot take: Go with Sodhi and play two spinners if we face India.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Need to drop Munro and give Nicholls a shot at least. Latham to open with Guptill.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Need to drop Munro and give Nicholls a shot at least. Latham to open with Guptill.

Nicholls would open in that scenario, that was the whole damned plan in the first place until Nips got injured and Munro came back in his place. Nips is now fit and Munro still sucks so it's confusing why it hasn't already happened.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Once again, Seth Efrica ain't doing too great.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

So they decided not to choke and just be poo poo instead.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
lol get in the bin south africa, playing cricket like its 1995

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Would be rough on the Afghanistanis, but the tournament really needs a crushing Bangladesh win to massively boost their NRR and keep the pressure on England.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possibly, but it seems Afghanistan have come to play.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why the poo poo is he trying to run? He's crippled.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Apparently Williamson is one slow-over-rate game away from a one game suspension now. How emblematic of the crappy ICC would that be if he were suspended for a knockout match? Alternatively, should NZ deliberately bowl slowly against Pakistan or Australia so that the suspension happens in the group stage if they're already qualified?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Apparently Williamson is one slow-over-rate game away from a one game suspension now. How emblematic of the crappy ICC would that be if he were suspended for a knockout match? Alternatively, should NZ deliberately bowl slowly against Pakistan or Australia so that the suspension happens in the group stage if they're already qualified?
NZ should definitely deliberately slow bowl if they aren't bothered about the financial penalty. Without Williamson having great matches in the knock-outs they haven't got a chance so it would be an insane risk to have him potentially banned come the semi's.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there no clean slate rule when they enter the semis?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ready to see Australia get found out as utter frauds by England?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ready to see Australia get found out as utter frauds by England?

2 fraud teams.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
looking forward to England blaming today's dropped catches on the wet ball

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Why am I not surprised Pakistan have dropped the most... :tinfoil:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Australia is the greatest and we will crush the Poms and make them grovel

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I don't think the dropped catches stat is quite as bad as it looks for England since they have a significantly more catches than anyone else. The percentage is obviously not ideal but if the bowlers are targeting getting batsman out caught it's understandable there are going to be some tough chances in there (although to be fair England have dropped a few dollies this WC).

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This doctored pitch is unsporting and I think Oz will take home the much coveted “Spirit of cricket” award

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
how are these clowns still in

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Pitches like these are what one dayers need, serving up roads (ie Australian pitches..) just makes them drawn out 20/20 games.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Why are they showing the bowling speeds in Kmph on sky. What a load of poo poo

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Hey guys, don't know if you have ever heard, but the ground at Lords slopes quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

cricinfo commenter Brad posted:

"Control percentage 58%. Wicket consumption 0. Dare say the poms would rather 90% control and 3 wickets "

Yeah no poo poo Brad.