Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
You know it has to be an hilarious England collapse when you put the radio on at 6.30am expecting cricket to find its already long finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Deadly Hume posted:

Seeing as Bangladesh are quite likely to be gifted some points for a NR tomorrow England might struggle to make it to the quarters.

This would be the funniest thing.

Man, I was expecting bad, but not this bad.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I laughed my rear end off when I saw the score and even better how the game ended. England are just pure comedy awful :D

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao loving hell i got up an hour early for work expecting to see something hahahahahahhaa we're so bad.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The NZ v AUS game next weekend would be amazing to attend, the whole damned country is actually behind our cricket team for the first time in living memory.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm not too thrilled about our intelligent batting lineup having to face :siren: swing bowling :siren:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I'm drinking Piers Morgan's tears out of a stein

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I didn't stay up to watch the NZ innings. What happened to the pitch? Was it a standard England failure or did it stop swinging?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The Big Show will reverse sweep Southee.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I woke up to find 450 new posts in the cricket thread. Only a terrible England performance could do that.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

I didn't stay up to watch the NZ innings. What happened to the pitch? Was it a standard England failure or did it stop swinging?

http://www.trickspk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/brendon_mccullum_has_yet_to_appear_in_this_year_s__516eff2.jpg

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

RideTheSpiral posted:

Not only did England fail, McCullum came in and ripped any feint hope they had away and then pissed all over it then burnt it.

If Finn conceded 1 more run it would have been a faster 50 than De Villiers D:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I had a good ol' belly laugh when I saw he managed to put a dent in the roof of the sponsor's car.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

I'm as big a Macullum fan as the next guy but he's usually pretty vulnerable to swing early on.

I imgine the answer to this has something to do with hattrick hero Steven Finn.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If New Zealand continue to bowl first they'll win this thing imo.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

English failures bring a tear to the eye.

:scotland:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

serious gaylord posted:

If New Zealand continue to bowl first they'll win this thing imo.

its a fair call. australia are still favourites for me but also have one of the dumbest batting lineups (particularly with faulkner out) so its a good bet they will get hosed up by nz's bowling if they show up when the sides play each other, but that said australia's bowling group is still one of the most formidable in the tournament. then of course there will be the proteas hitting top form at some point and looking untouchable until their inevitable mental implosion

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 20, 2015

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

goatface posted:

England put in to bat, fold for less than Scotland, game is over by lunch.
^^^^^ noice ^^^^^

Great game to go to - A++ would watch England collapse anytime. I haven't seen a NZ game so onesided since Lomu went apeshit on Mike Catt's twitching form.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this? Replays at the ground were shite and I really want a chance to see Southee's movement in the air

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If anyone cares, Pieterson sounds like hes ejaculating constantly over these england performances. Hes loving this.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Remember when Stuart Broad scored 169 in a test match?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Hopefully the australia vs nz grand final comes down to one run with one ball remaining and williamson hits a six into the crowd that somehow kills both trevor and greg chappell

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

cpaf posted:

Hopefully the australia vs nz grand final comes down to one run with one ball remaining and williamson hits a six into the crowd that somehow kills both trevor and greg chappell

The ball flies into the 9 commentary box causing a freak explosion. There are no survivors.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

The ball flies into the 9 commentary box causing a freak explosion. There are no survivors.

And David warner was in there too for some reason

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Wandle Cax posted:

And David warner was in there too for some reason

It hit him on the head fielding at mid off and the vacuum between his ears caused his skull to act like a trampoline.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

nope

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I went to sleep in the end. Glad to see England won though. Keep up the good work lads.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I hope Groan Morgan is the only Irishman at the world cup to miss the quarter finals and then fucks off back to Ireland and ends this disgraceful turncoat poo poo.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

RideTheSpiral posted:

that was in a fixed game though so it doesn't count

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

I love the Guardian's photostream of unhappy English players. Haven't seen such misery since the Ashes.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
ORGAN

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
lmao noway

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

OP please.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
someone make gurning warner sad morgan asap

edit: or with the big bash duck in the middle

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can I meme?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

TG-Chrono posted:

Can I meme?

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

he is a bad commentator though