Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

RideTheSpiral posted:

He's the Ian Bell of the England middle order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Seams posted:

England recovered from being 4/30 to 354/7 at the end of the final day and people itt are still griping about how poo poo England are.

*looks at today's scoreboard*

ah yes that's why people are griping, it's because in fact it turns out England Are poo poo

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think the lesson we all learned here is that bowling short wins matches *updates laptop*

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

What a great delivery.

What a poo poo decision.

He hit the cover off it mate, good lad that ump.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

English people don't like paying through the nose for sports, more like

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
More stats: that was Australia's worst batting performance in England for 113 years.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Australia are going to knock out 500+ and skittle England in the 4th for the win, no worries

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
This collapse happened just after I mentioned the "get 500+ and knock England off for under 200" plan to everyone in the office, whoops, my bad

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The "wilfully" bit is confusing because it's to avoid stuff like "ball is thrown at stumps, hits batsman trying to make his ground who had no idea of the path of the ball" and stuff. In this case, "wilfully" means "did he mean to touch the ball", the answer is yes, the umpire then decides if he was trying to avoid injury (not really), so it's out. Easy.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Eat poo poo Surrey :getin:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Buttler up the order, finally the pundits dream of wacky batting orders is real :getin:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The Destroyer will knock these off quick smart, no worries

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's coming home lads

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
64 runs off the last 10 overs? Nice.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I like how they're trying to advertise a delivery service by showcasing some of the worst delivery ever seen in advertising.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He would have struggled to get a run for england in the 90s in test cricket.

Agreed, he was no Robert Croft

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

runoverbobby posted:

Oh my dear old thing what have you done?

Correctly used latin terms :colbert:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
When England played Pakistan people were seriously suggesting declaring after passing 200 so they could be sure of getting 20 overs in, that's how little faith anyone has in Pakistan's batting to make anything like 'a total'

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Just setting up for the number 11 to hit a six to win it all lads

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Haseeb Hameed is staking his claim for an England recall by scoring 15 off 123 without becoming hosed off with everything and getting out playing a stupid shot

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
how do we feel about the 200 ball fifty?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
England are in such a dire state that the press are going wild over a bowler who can't even play for them until he's 27 and has a history of back issues lmao good luck with that one panning out lads

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah one of the reasons he went for so much in the auction is because he's not going to disappear on any international tours any time soon. Also maybe 'going wild' was a bit hyperbolic but I just read that BBC article and it's all "IS THIS THE SOLUTION TO ENGLAND'S ASHES WOE???" and it's laughable.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Another masterstroke of psychological warfare by the Englands

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
fuckin savage

https://twitter.com/tickerscricket/status/977867205042950144

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BrigadierSensible posted:

Chadd Sayers in for Starc. Starc has a 'tibial stress' apparently.

I'd be stressed too if I knew my team had lost the key to fixing my shithouse bowling

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
it's a load of balls for sure

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I still can't get over how they're so keen on 100 BALL COUNTDOWN like fucks sake lads just have a 120 ball countdown its not like anyone is giving a poo poo about ~the tension~ until like 30 balls to go either way

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You can't even follow county cricket on Sky, I tried to catch the climax of Essex/Lancashire and it's just wall to wall football

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Good to see that someone on this rainy fascism island knows how to gently caress people up in the death overs, that last wicket was The Stuff

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Why is Ben Stokes in this team??

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
tbf he doesn't have 'dominant innings' but he has this knack of getting good batsmen out at important times and as an all rounder that makes you Very Good in all honesty

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

I believe his original defence was that he hit the other guys because they were making homophobic remarks towards another group. Absolute bare faced lies and the utter reversal of what actually happened given the evidence today. If the ECB believed his original statements surely he'll never play again.

Bear in mind you're hearing the story from the prosecution so they're bound to say it was obviously Stokes who was being homophobic and not the nice young lads who hit the gay guy with a bottle

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You know it's swinging when the commentators think the batsman played on but he was actually clean bowled

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Aleem Dar is killing it with these decisions

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Tsaedje posted:

Fair enough, thanks. So I'm guessing CPS went for the weakest possible thing they thought would stick and didn't manage to prove it?

Affray is a p strong charge in itself but CPS definitely hosed it right up, they tried to ask for different charges on the first day of the trial

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So can England make it to day nah, I can't even finish that sentence

Can England make it to lunch?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
don't worry, Ollie "the next Ian Bell, no, I meant that as a compliment, honestly" Pope is here to save the innings

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
An Ian Bell recall would be loving hilarious, let's make it happen thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Boycott meanwhile is talking about putting Stokes at 3 lmao