Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Why is siddle playing in this. He is so past it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

I'm quite pleased for Patterson. His main issue is he scores a lot of 50s that he can't convert to hundreds, so him tonning up while other more fancied guys have failed is nice

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Finch is looking like he's forgotten how to bat

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Siddle shouldn't be anywhere near an Australian side again

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

There's something to be said for sensible batting when chasing a modest target, but that should not have gone to the last over

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

THE FINISHER

edit: he was looking like absolute garbage as well until that last over

put both hands in fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 18, 2019

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Someone might go big in the Big Bash tonight and get called up

Finch got a 50. His form woes are over. Get him back into the test squad

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

a real chump posted:

Patterson has a touch of goon about him.

I'm hoping that now he's played for Australia, cricinfo will update his profile pic to something without the neckbeard

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Why is Ashton Turner in the team

Alex Carey is so poo poo

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Love this pic with the speed dealers and goatee. Looks like one stupid motherfucker

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Haha getting out twice in an over yet remaining not out

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Kohli drawing on the sprit of Tendulkar by making GBS threads the bed in a crucial match

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Roy looked completely out of his depth with those three balls he faced

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

gently caress that was frustrating. the harris drop. the dumb review. the lyon fumble

Joel Wilson is a godawful umpire though, should be giving those ones out

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

loving amazing innings by Stokes though

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Because im insanely angry at Paine i think gently caress him he should be put back on a plane to Australia immediately for wasting that review

But i also hate how it puts the focus on the players. Wilson is paid to get these plum lbw calls right and now the icc can smugly say hehe shouldn't have wasted your review kid. How about we get two umpires who arent hosed in the head

Wilson should have never umpired again after how awful he was in the first test

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27505948/australia-consider-mitchell-marsh-matthew-wade-switch

for fucks sake. Ben Stokes has given the Aus selectors brainworms.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

My god Smith is a weird unit

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Probably should have tried to play a shot there buttler

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

It's depressing enough to watch Siddle bowl with out him dropping catches like that as well

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Aaron Summers, come on down

He can bowl 150kmh, but it's absolute dross. He's a played a few games in the Big Bash and for Tassie and got slaughtered

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27842571/mitchell-marsh-faces-losing-test-spot-suffering-broken-hand-punching-wall

One of the funniest cricket stories I've seen in a while

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

The Hunthread

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I used to watch the lower level Indian leagues that were inexplicably included in some TV package I had, and I can confirm this.

but really, all the matches play out more or less the same, and the fact that IPL matches now take like four hours because of all the ad breaks and timeouts make it ridiculous.

Great news! The Big Bash this summer is going to have timeouts!

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/big-bash-league-rule-change-bbl-strategic-timeouts-boundary-countback-super-over-schedule-finals/2019-10-24

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

You Am I posted:

Jesus they fell apart. What the gently caress is CA doing with developing our young players (other than throwing them into the test side with zero experience and expecting miracles)?

Most of it was pressure. There are a couple of spots up for grabs in the test side, and this was a bat off. A good score would almost guarantee selection. Burns, Harris, Khawaja and Head are all experienced, yet poo poo the bed.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

goatface posted:

But how will anybody care when it's not part of the Test championship??!?

That's weird. Any reason why?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

This is up there with the Maxwell leave as peak BBL

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

If, (and it's a big if), the Kiwis can winkle Smith out by the end of the day, I'd say they would be ever so slightly ahead.

edit: Follow me on social media for this, and other such hot takes as: The team that makes the most runs and takes the most wickets usually wins, and [Team X] will be hoping [Player Y] has a good day today, and This could be a crucial session in the context of this match.

Hire me Channel 7/Fox!

What's your favourite type of pizza?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

It's amazing how often that happens.

I remember early in his career, in a Shield final, Katich made Cummins bowl a million overs, he then had all these problems with stress fractures over the next few years.

I did some digging, here's the match: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8043/scorecard/474050/tasmania-vs-new-south-wales-final-sheffield-shield-2010-11

He bowled 48 overs in the first innings, this was an 18 year old who at that stage could bowl 150kph

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is this T20 Champions Cup similar to that thing they did a few years ago where they had the winners of the prospective T20 leagues play against each other? Or is it an international cup?

I remember that happening coz I remember there was a few issues with certain players who played in all the leagues having to make a choice which team they could play for. David Hussey was one if I remember rightly.

Hobart Hurricanes made it one year when George Bailey was captain, but he was forced to play for his IPL team

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Lol at wish.com Bradley Cooper taking an amazing catch to remove trash man Harris, then dropping sitters from an actual good batter

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

They will always be DLF maximums in my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

It was like his team profile picture. He had the beard and looked like about 3 teeth. It was for Tassie before he played for Australia.

There was an old milk ad he did, this is the best example i could find: