Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Totally but South Africa can't be impressed with the UAE going for this long, UAE should have got half a point for that (now that it's over)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Come on Macham make that 50 son

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Probably claimed it was six.

Also lol

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Noxin of Shame posted:

Hmm, but if the first ball was a no-ball, I think you'll find that their projected score was infinity runs.

:lol:

webmeister posted:

4. Keep de Villiers down to less than 50 runs: ACHIEVED

AND HOW

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Could Bangladesh and NZ be in the final together? I couldn't handle that :ohdear:

It's needs to be one of those teams and then a team I don't like. Australia will do.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
:(

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Great now Warne is going to go on a 30 minute tirade about how Australia were cost a wicket because of heavier bails.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
I'm only streaming it through a TV card and VLC at work but the audio of the ball cracking off the bat sounds magical. Has Adelaide oval always sounded like this or have I just noticed today?

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Hit out or get out Finch

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
What I don't get is that I've never heard a commentator lay into him. No one calls him out as crap. They'll occasionally say he has to improve but I want truth bombs.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Lazy shot.

webmeister posted:

Watson is literally the worst player in the team

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
e: ^^^ I thought he did get a faint edge onto the stumps.

webmeister posted:

They're all best mates with the players, of course they won't criticise them

Yeah, but I meant every other commentator. Not even the non-Australian commentators will ever have a go.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He can't place the ball at all. He's the anti Smith. Hopefully Smith replaces him at 3 in test cricket too..

I thought he placed it pretty well then. The fielder didn't move; nailed him.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
e: ^^^ not really, he's saying that it was that close. Not like earlier in the game when a direct hit barely beat the batsman to the line of the stumps let alone the crease. There is throwing to the keeper, and throwing at the stumps.

awesmoe posted:

400 still on?
e: im sorry australians I hate hate hate to be the guy who gets all snarky when a team isnt doing well, I really do, it's just that I fukcing hate shane warne so much

It's okay the endless hyperbole drives us all nuts

Cricket 2015 - It's just that I loving hate Shane Warne so much

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

RideTheSpiral posted:

I thought he did OK there. This thread has a lot of channel nine tier punditry.

Your posting was better in the nets.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Doctor Cave posted:

I'm glad Warne isn't commentating atm, he would be pleading for that to be out

Still mentioned it almost straight after starting a new commentary stint though.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

The Biscuit posted:

I guess fair play when fielding but I was taught to not worry about it hitting you (batting). It hurts but this is the highest level. He seems more scared than anyone I have watched

I once arrogantly let a ball whack into my upper thigh because I was too indoor-cricket minded and just let a legside ball go. I reckon my teammates sitting in the shed heard it slap into my leg, and the entire slip cordon cringed (and then laughed). It left a black bowling ball mark on my thigh for a week.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

I don't think it was a blatant drop. I think he's probably got some of his fingers under the ball but I couldn't say for sure if it also hit the grass. You guys are acting like it clearly bounced in front of him are honestly crazy.

There needs to be a balance against "It clearly bounced off his fingers that was absolutely out" Warne, maybe.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
India on track for 400 here

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Dhoni's plan revealed: wait for Watson

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Err that really looked like he could have made that.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
:newzealand:

sexydanvettori.jpg

No time, game is about to start

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Pudding Space posted:

In the words of The Prodigy: "I got the poison I got the remedy, I got the pulsating, rhythmical remedy."

:barf:

You're welcome.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Smorgasbord posted:

gently caress's sake Guptill, it's Glenn loving Maxwell

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Windmill Hut posted:

"queensland viewers, if you want to stay tuned to the cricket, switch to GEM"

if?

IF???

god just gently caress off channel 9

During the Ch 9 news in SA they described it as the third most watched sports event ever, or something. Meanwhile, if you actually wanted to loving watch it literally as they said this, you had to be on GEM, because they couldn't go without "South Aussie with Cosi" or whatever the gently caress idiot show they simply had to show along with the 30 minute news.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Godammit this game is actually over already. I didn't want to believe :(

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Seeing as this game is nearly done and I don't know when there will be a chance to mention it again I just wanted to make the observation that Shane Warne is an insufferable oval office.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
I suspect the Australian commentators will be a continued nightmare for us watching about Smith's dismissal for hours to come.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Root the destroyer

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Swing for 550 then put them in.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

RideTheSpiral posted:

This channel 9 coverage is some of the worst poo poo I've ever seen. I literally can't believe my ears.

I keep wanting to bitch about it every day of every test because it's just so intolerable every time but it's like they're going all out today loving hell. If it's not endless bullshit about a Beatles photo or something in the crowd or loving BATS or whatever it's insane hyperbole about the current shot or the godlike skill of whichever Australian player scratched their nuts better than anyone has ever scratched their nuts before.

Also I truly, honestly wish cancer on the creator of that Alliance ad and the rest of their family. I cannot stress to you how serious I am.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Mark Taylor just said it was an even session with maybe England just ahead ???

Wow, I know they really ride this Australia-is-always-right/winning patriotic bullshit into the ground but that's moving from one-eyed to completely loving blind.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
They weren't accidentally showing the wrong ball were they? That looked a lot like the challenged decision.

Alternatively the batsmen didn't know how high Hawkeye showed the first challenge bouncing.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Warne confirms himself as a gigantic fuckwit. Couldn't loving help himself. Die in a fire.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Seven and a half inches of Steven Finn on display :swoon:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Someone murder Shane Warne

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Warne isn't wrong but he is so annoying about it

Sure, but his signal-to-noise ratio is so ridiculously bad that the times he speaks the truth or makes a decent point are no longer relevant. I tuned out the content of his blathering long ago, so it's merely the tone and constant presence of whatever he is driveling about that is driving me to start a Kickstarter to have him killed.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Dead Goon posted:

Will start raining at about midday and should stop by about 2-3pm on Friday.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Is it legal to get another fielder out there with keeper gloves to stand close to Neville to cover more width because jfc this bowling.

Gonna go straight to my thunder thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Hopefully Morgan scores 150 and they get home because gently caress Australia.

Commentary is a loving breath of fresh air. Forcing myself to stay awake just to listen to commentators who aren't afraid of silence and just let the game play.