Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Ground floor for the aussie world cup win played purely in the spirit of the game

Judging by your av you came here on a boat, gently caress off back to the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Christ what a final 3 balls

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That ravi bopara wicket is maxwell level idiocy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Maxwell twice in a row did the same dumb thing and barely survived via poor fielding I hate him so much

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Airstream Driver posted:

Is Bopara in the side for his looks or is he generally pretty good?

He is there so Bumble can say 'Oh ravi, no ravi no'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lungboy posted:

Having to listen to the ABC coverage on 5Live was loving horrible. Please send out the proper TMS lot, BBC.

Did it hurt your feelings to listen to cricket pundits who don't think england are going to win the world cup. I have heard 2 podcasts since the first ODI loss to Australia last week say that they are still going to win.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
edit: if at 14 you are getting wickets in a top flight final you probably aren't overrated

-Spiffy- posted:

Added Fantasy info to OP and signed up.

The prices seem a bit too low, you don't really have any reason to choose scrub league players.

Gary ballance costs the same as a afghan tail ender, seems fair

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lionel Richie posted:

Yeah they've really hosed those prices up. I've put Amla, de Villiers, Warner, Smith, Johnson and Philander in my team and only had to balance it out by buying one cheapo I've never heard of.

Yeah, its all over the place

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I for one am shocked one of the faces that fit from the ECB public school old boys network is a tory shite

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So australia are getting saved by the big show and a marsh

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

markgreyam posted:

The amount of times Braycunt mentioned the Australian bowlers and how awesome they were completely out of context in the Eng/Ind game on Friday was infuriating. The thought of that group talking over some percentage of the World Cup games stopped me from considering a 12 month Foxtel sub in part to watch it.

Marsh hit a six at some point and I dived for the remote to mute it before I had to hear him say that NO GROUND IS BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD THIS MAN but I missed it so I muted the TV and snapped the remote in half instead.

Why do they want to make me hate cricket :(

protip: cricket australia's website has the bbc radio commentary which you can use with muted channel 9 images

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Should allow it purely for the great catch imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

I've seen him get out at least 8 times in the 90s. (Maybe one was an 89). He literally tries to hit a 6 every time.

ftfy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
that sure was a nice yorker

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
0/89 in an ODI and he was still somehow worse with the bat

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is this the worst england has ever played?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The best end to this would be Anderson retiring hurt with a broken loving arm courtesy of mitchell johnson

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ravi needs to stay in the side purely because of how hilarious it is to hear a pained bumble say 'oh ravi no ravi no'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Josh Lyman posted:

They seemed to do well at the 2012 Olympics in the Team GB blue.

That was less the shirts and more David Brasilford's magical mystery formula

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

SA are getting hosed up.

NZ to win the world cup imo

This is more backed by reality than the english pundits saying england have a chance

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its ok though guys because when the opening pair get 50 runs australia wins

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Warner gets out so I go to grab a beer, I come back and watto is already back in the pavilion lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Deadly Hume posted:

Good fielding that, but what were they thinking going for that run?

They are playing tipsy rules

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Don't Change is the perfect song for maxwell

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That guy shouting do something taylor was great

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mister Chief posted:

England are so loving bad. I'm honestly disgusted that they're taking the spot of a good team like Nepal.

Give Holland a chance

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How did this all go so wrong so quick

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I loved that little snipe from Mark on commentary

'We never had to chase 340 because we had good bowlers'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The roar game got cancelled tonight so if soccer is out of the question in this weather there ios no chance of cricket

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

subroc posted:

MMarsh, wtf? Can CLarke just not be hosed?

3 overs with 6 wickets in hand isn't the time for a run a ball middle order test player

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just realised cricket is so dead that run a ball is a plodder now

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Clarke is a good lad. I really like afghanistan though, they play in a fun way and have personality.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Finch really doesn't look like the sort of person who could make a catch like that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That was a cracking 6 by nudgee bullah

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The Australians are really being quite...reasonable. No over the top celebrations or anything.

Its surprising that they hit the record for highest score in a world cup, injured a small child and are still making a game of it and not humiliating anyone.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Are the Afghanistan players sharing a bat...

I saw that, surely they could find a sponsor to provide bats :confused:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Has a single pundit or commentator come out in favour of a 10 team world cup?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Scylo posted:

It's going to be really funny when England win the world cup

Honestly think England have more chance of winning the football world cup than the cricket one.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Madkal posted:

I'm a bit of a lapsed cricket fan since I moved to Canada, but have fond memories of watching and playing the game in the 90's/early 2000s. As much as I love seeing AB smash a hundred million runs in 10 overs or whatever, the game is way to geared towards batters, which kind of takes the fun out of watching a fielding team compose itself and stratagise. Personally I say gently caress the powerplay/fielding restrictions. It pretty much ensures that that one team is playing with a hand tied behind their backs. Also the new game favours sloggers more than playmakers which is a shame.

All of this would be true if Aus v NZ didn't happen a week ago. Its poo poo bowling thats the problem, notbatting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

Are the run outs sponsored?

They put up a emirates ad on the big screen every time there is decision pending.