Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It would be nice if England fixed their grass roots system and stopped relying on other countries to produce their actually good players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So England's answer to being a team of shitters who can't bowl is to give people tbis

Nice

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If bowling really fast and hitting people in the head made you a great test match bowler shaun tait wouldn't be some random dude. Need to wait and see how good Archer is at taking wickets before he's the savior of the ecb

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Somebody post the video of brett Lee bouncing out piers morgan

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Drop roy, have woakes open, put jimmy in at 9, bing bong so simple

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

goatface posted:

Swapping him out for Starc?

Drop Siddle for Starc. Lyon, Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood is a pretty severe bowling lineup.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Classic image choice by the sub editor

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I had a big night, came home wobbly. Lied down to sleep and put on tms to fall asleep to agnews dulcet tones. It took me a long time to figure out England were all out in one session and it was Australia's second innings

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Never trust a ginger to do adv honest days work

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Airstream Driver posted:

Stokes deserves a better team.

Stokes is about as terrible a human being that you will ever meet. If anything he deserves a worse team

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stokes should be in jail for attempted murder but instead he gets cheered and Smith gets boo'd. Yet another reffing blunder hands this shower of cunts an undeserved win.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I didn't think id see any dota/cricket cross posters today but glad that's a thing :dance:

I go from og playing horrible dota while bming and ruining the sport to a violent thug who should be in jail being carried to an underserved win via reffing and extreme Australian ineptitude. loving awful day all round.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Spedman posted:

How ironic, Australia defeated by an English criminal

He's not even English he was deported from new zealand

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Refereeing incompetence and the failure of the English judicial system more than the ecb

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Flayer posted:

I just wanna say that Stokes 2 runs off 50 balls last night was the best part of the innings. What a way to stay in the ashes.

67 all out in the first innings and the guy who gets out with one of the worst shots I've ever seen does this in the second innings just what

The only upside is this will paper over thecracks until next test. Stokes going out swinging in thesecond innings will make them think it's a winning strategy again and not just the Aussie bowlers losing the plot

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Julio Cruz posted:

the umpiring has been terrible all series, this should not be a surprise for either team

Australia burnt their review on the worst LBW shout in history without thinking "hmm maybe these terrible umps might gently caress another call up, better save it instead"

I have less than zero sympathy

A wicket that plumb should never be not out unless the ref is spot fixing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Didn't he also give that one out caught behind that clearly missed the bat earlier

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

aejix posted:

I went to look at the odds and maybe chuck a tenner on England had gotten the lead down to about 250 and the betting market had totally disappeared from the website I have an account with. Could've made a few hundred off that!

The market going completely is usually a sign of suspicious betting patterns.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Zip! posted:

Yeah, giving Broad the keys to the DRS decision making definitely would not hilariously backfire 2 balls into him opening the bowling...

If he's bowling to warner i don't think your claim holds up

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jazzyhattrick posted:

I hope they lived in England and got deported because of this.

If you think racially vilifying players is frowned on in the uk don't check Twitter after any football game.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Still B.A.E posted:

So Roy is currently a walking wicket, and has put down multiple routine chances at slip. Are the England selectors thinking the team needs a handicap, or what?

They already have gingers

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Who was the last Australian to score 500 run away ashes back to back.

Maybe Bradman. Only 3 smith hobbs and bradman have scored 500 3 times. Only smith has done 3 in a row.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just think something that's a common part of the game that he just got unlucky to eat poo poo over somehow overshadows his career when Sachin and Waugh definitely were spot fixers at the least and Kohli has those uncomfortable links to the match fixers running bcci. You have got to be mad if you think England don't ball tamper to produce reverse swing after all the interviews with petersen talking about rubbing sweetie spit into them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just feel lucky to be the right age to watch and enjoy how good Smith is and understand the context of comparatively good he is to the rest of cricketing history.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Davey Warnout like a bald tyre

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
3 ducks in a row lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also lol Smith can't even sit still in the dressing room

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
2 sets of good bowlers and 1 good batsman

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Good to see they have decided it's time to let Smith get set against the trundlers

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
At this point would losing the captaincy even help root? He looks like a walking wicket

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

garycoleisgod posted:

Well the dickhead aussie fans who abused Archer seemed like that would swing the fourth moral ashes test englands way, but the poo poo time wasting tactics of the poms in the 3rd and 4th innings once again meant australia took the win, 4-0.

I'm enjoying seeing KP on twitter complain about the amount of poo poo Wade and Paine talk. This motherfucker played with Anderson, Swann and Prior and he complains about people having a chat? gently caress off dickhead, you're mates with Piers Morgan. I've noticed Bairstow can't shut the gently caress up either.

Funniest bit of the post-match was Smith mentioning he's played two test at the Oval and made two centuries with a big poo poo-eating grin on his face, he's gonna make them suffer again lol.

I don't even think that is Smith being a dick. He is just excited to go bat some more.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Sad, terrible news everyone.

Boycott got a knighthood.

Boycott on any day England embarrass themselves is the greatest thing in the world.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stokes is an ashes away from a knighthood and he's on video doing an attempted murder.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dravs posted:

Feel like you are missing Thorpe in this team. Also Vaughan was a better batsman than Root (and certainly a better captain). Would probably swap Vaughan for Trott and Thorpe for Root (although i'm 50/50 on that one, maybe Thorpe isn't as good as I remember him being, he just always looked so comfortable at the crease). Also I liked Gough and Harmison, although I don't think you could squeeze either of them in, certainly not for Broad and Anderson.

Lastly, Atherton and Alec Stewart should be in the team but there is no space for them, so they get an honorable mention. You could put Stewart in the wicket keeper spot, although he was a pretty middling keeper compared to Prior.

I like your list though.

I have no idea why Trott would be in a team when he was so mentally fragile. He is more a Englanding XI candidate.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Scylo posted:

https://es.pn/34EmE7Q

How good would it be if tms replaced Boycott with literally anyone else

He doesn't understand how French law works but he is right that it's not common law. I definitely wouldn't want to face trial in anything but a common law court.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
He hasn't been the same since Buck retired

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Smith is surely due for an actual failure

Gamblers fallacy at work

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Happy to cheer a violent criminal but not a dude who made a ball not very shiny one time. Seems legit

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

webmeister posted:

Same old pommies
Always whinging

You can spot the balmy army charter flight because the plane keeps whining after the engines are turned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Scylo posted:

Mitch Marsh replacing head is not something I expected to happen

Getting rid of thehead leaves you a bit brainless as a result