Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

SA picking five bowlers for the tests when their batting lineup is hardly in great shape was amazing hubris, in retrospect.

this is a tactic Australia should use in the Ashes, accept the batting is poo poo and just go all out to try and get wickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Imran Khan is probably the first cricketer to have a key role in deciding whether or not two countries go to war

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/status/1101308592890748928

One of these dismissals happened again, they're always good

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/tinobest/status/1110304011759038465

Tino has a point

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Buttler was in his crease, and by the letter of the law it should have been a dead ball.

Why was he given out if he was in his crease, just watch the bowler until he releases the ball and then its impossible to get out that way

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Should have let Smith play red ball cricket instead

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I thought willey jokes were old by now but cricket.com.au has

quote:

Archer leaves Willey in the cold for Cup

which is alright

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia is going to win and David Warner will be player of the tournament

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This Archer fella might be good actually

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
wasn't the games being more competitive one of the reasons given for it being a 10 team world cup, that's working out well so far, maybe we'll get down to 8 teams for next time

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
South Africa are going to lose this and then they are playing India on Wednesday and they are going to lose that as well lol

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Seams posted:

why do you all think australia will make the final? this is baffling to me.

Australia is the best team at world cups and David Warner is the greatest one day batsman of the modern era

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The windies were the last team to qualify for the comp and almost got beat by scotland, they're bad and are just having a good start but cant maintain it for the whole comp

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia managed to win against all odds, what a team

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I don't know why Australia are letting India get 400, maybe to crush their spirits when they easily chase it??

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Flashing bails are absolutely better than none flashing ones in every way possible

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I like that Finch and Warner have swapped roles, now Finch is batting slow and Warner is batting quick

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I hope India v Pakistan gets rained off, that would be glorious.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The best outcome would be India getting knocked out (clearing the path for Australia to rightly win the tournament)

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I didn't watch the match but maybe because he was already injured at the start of the game?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He's just not the same without the drugs

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
When you think about it every game is a dead rubber really because it was always known Australia will win

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
They should build a monument to David Warner in the middle of the scg imo

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia will easily beat England, theyve only gotten better as the tournament has gone on. And NZ will be a push over

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

tarbrush posted:

What are Australia happy defending here? I feel like 280 is enough but not particularly comfortable

Could easily defend 150 against this England team

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I don't think we should judge England too harshly, Australia are just an unbeatable machine

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
A Bangladesh - Australia final or semi with Bangladesh winning as a gently caress you to cricket Australia for showing them zero respect would be pretty good

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I like that we were worried about the end of the tournament being dead rubbers but all its done instead is prove that everyone that isnt Australia is bad

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Its pretty surprising this is actually turning into a good world cup

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
People doubted that Australia are clearly the best team in the comp but they’re easily going to finish at the top of the points table

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This about the Mali cricket team that got out for 6 is pretty good at just giving context to why they're playing https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/features/the_story_of_malis_cricket_team_is_a_lesson_in_looking_beyond_the_headline.html

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

can someone please ban michael clarke from commentating on the 'athletic' west indies

Give it five years and some tv exec somewhere will finally hopefully understand nobody likes his voice

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
NZ are so bad

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1146448567630028800

Doable I think

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
An Afghanistan win against the WI here will be the best part of the world cup if it happens

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Beating a dead horse here but this is the reason NRR sucks as the 2nd tie breaker

I dont get why the ICC doesnt just have:

1. Points
2. Head to head
3. Win%
4. NRR

They should just do number of Shakib al Hasan's, sixes hit, wickets taken, number of coaching staff. At least none of them would create boring games like NRR does

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Australia really isn’t that good.

Seems like they're the second best team in the world to me

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The real thing is that the team that bats first will win, of these four teams India is the only one that can actually chase

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

runoverbobby posted:

https://es.pn/2NDhJiI

BCCI asks West Yorkshire Police Force Service to shoot down planes.

Wouldn't they just not be shown on Indian tv anyway, poo poo happens and they should get over it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Fanatic posted:

You know you're watching a bad match when you get Steve loving Waugh's life story during play rather than commentary. lol

People will always prefer to hear about good Australian cricketers than watch bad New Zealand ones