Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Joined the goon league as Brown Town. My team is bad probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Did the AUS v UAE scores on cricinfo stop updating after 5 overs for everybody else too?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

Guys what does everyone think of the graphics

I haven't seen them yet but in my opinion they are bad.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Boult just calm down mate I need Southee to get some of these wickets.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My power player picks continue to fail every time.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

Gotta post your natural thoughts mate.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Southee is my power player for this match so have fun looking up at my little butt while I temoprarily stand triumphant at the top of the goon WC fantasy league.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I am so happy.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

lol if McCullum wasn't your power player. :swoon:

Southee was mine so yeah I'm good.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Any reason Philander only bowled 4 overs? Was he injured?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I did too :(

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Butt Wizard posted:

E: I've changed my mind about this. But you can't poo poo on about the tragedy of how your mate died and how awful it is and then proceed to keep doing that to other people without coming across as dicks.
Pretty sure the sentiment from Australian players, fans etc was that the bowler did nothing wrong and it was just a freak accident. Your point would only make sense if somebody from Australia took a stand against bowling at the body in the wake of Hughes' death. Nobody did that.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Look at Ireland go.

Edit: poo poo. Sorry.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I saw that quote in about 4 or 5 different places before I realised it was real and not a joke.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I know saying this now is like pissing into the ocean, but holy poo poo Watto is so unlikable in every way.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

cpaf posted:

I am an Australian and I support Australia and I want to see NZ smash Australia in the final

Same.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It would be very fun if Australia lost to Pakistan tonight.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
This last 10 overs has been so good to watch.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
That was fun.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

MacDougall posted:

I'll be supporting NZ against Australia. gently caress my place of birth I'm supporting the good guys.

Same.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
AB is cool and it's ok to feel sorry for him. gently caress most of those other guys, though.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The Australian cricket team is full of annoying arseholes and pretty much always has been in my lifetime. I don't want to support a bunch of people I don't like just because I was born relatively close to them.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

masterpine posted:

If you want a decent sports broadcast you're looking at $90 a month and even that's not as good as it should be.

Foxtel starter pack + sports pack is $50 a month. $60 with HD.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How popular is the NBL in aus?

Not very popular at all. To the extent that teams are folding at an alarming rate and the league is on the verge of collapse.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

The Biscuit posted:

Watson is such a Jessie.

I think of him more as a Samantha.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

NIGARS posted:

Backing Australia is like backing the other team in the Mighty Ducks. In short it means there's something badly wrong with you.

My best friend and I played on opposing junior Aussie Rules teams from under 8s to under 14s and we still argue about which of us were the Ducks and which were the Hawks.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Holy poo poo. It's perfect.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Honestly can't remember which Marsh we're up to now.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

I had to look it up too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_out#Running_out_a_batsman_.22backing_up.22

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Is there something I can be directed to online that goes into detail about the issues with the West Indies Cricket Board over the last couple of decades? It's something I'm only vaguely aware of and I'd like to know more.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Honestly disappointed that there was way more genuine concern for their friend than there was laughter at his misfortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Varkk posted:

We should embrace mankadding and even count it towards the bowlers wicket stats.

I agree with this.