Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
top shelf haddin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
53,000 people went to a domestic cricket match last night and the home team got dismantled

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

subroc posted:

Didn't that happen to Broad last year? You'd think that they'd have seen that and designed the grille so that it'd never happen again, but hey whatever. It's only someones head, what could go wrong

Lots of players adjust their grilles to be as wide as possible to give them the best vision. At the widest setting, a ball can squeeze through most helmets I've seen. To combat this, the newest Masuri helmets don't have adjustable grilles

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

What are the rules in regards to mixed sex cricket? I know there was that woman who was at least going to play shield cricket a few years ago.

AFAIK there is no mention of gender in any rules at any level of cricket (except women's cricket, where you can't be a dude)

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Scylo posted:

I was curious so I looked it up and the youngest woman to play international cricket was Sajjida Shah, she was 12 when she played for Pakistan

12 in Pakistan years

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

lumb is a trashman and his t20 reputation is entirely undeserved

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I haven't clicked that link but I know exactly what it is and let me assure you that Paul Henry was too stupid for even Australian morning television

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Someone please gif the fat indian man dancing in the crowd

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

BINNY IS
GROUSE AT
CRICKET

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

klansman spotted at the kkkricket

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Lloyd: "Anderson bowled a very good first spell"

Nicholas: "Yeah but wait until you see how good our boys Mitchy and Johnno and Hazo are gonna bowl!"

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I wonder if there are any cricketers whose name rhymes with Woakes who could do a better job than him.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Ravinder needs to get on with it I reckon

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Woakes has provided a contender for worst individual game in ODI history

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Every club has a few dickhead big fish who refuse to play higher grades because they love clowning on teenagers every week

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCEoeei1Ng

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

IWC should mandate 1992 WC shirts to be worn now and forever

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

the best australian odi kit was from like 2006 where they had the dark green with metallic gold highlights

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

this is Very Bad

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

It's good that they had the opening ceremony on Thursday night so that everybody has an entire day and a half to recover from the sheer excitement before the boring cricket starts

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Is Brad McNamara the one that commentated in the Matador BBQs One Day Cup and spent the whole time telling poo poo anecdotes about his mediocre cricketing career instead of talking about what was happening in the game?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

"these graphics are grouse. heaps of zing and pep" - Brad McNamara

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I'm about to eat a zinger pie. If I don't post for a while please assume that I have died.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I am going to stick my neck out and say that England will not win CWC 2015

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Time to get on with it Lads

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Finn and Taylor standing next to each other is great physical comedy

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I was at the game and let me assure you that the air was thick with tension at the prospect of little Jimmy James and big Jimmy James completing the most audacious of heists, before Dharmasena, who is definitely on Cricket Australia payroll, shut it down in the most blatant display of cheating since Brad Haddin punched the stumps with his fist and pretended the batsman was out bowled.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

i legit want some

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

How many Filipino slaves died to construct this UAE dreamteam?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I love sports narratives and "constant English world cup failures" is a very good one indeed. You just need to call something a "world cup" and England will be awful at it. We should have called the last 300 years the colonialism world cup and saved the world a lot of heartache.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

just realised that according to this gary ballance wouldn't support england

explains a lot

Ballance, a Zimbabwean, likely fulfills the first criterion.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

A very fine day so far. Yes indeed.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Went into a meeting half an hour ago at 3-70, got back and :stare:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Last 7 wickets for 19

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Pour out a Boddington's Pub Ale in memory of English cricket

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Pvt. Public posted:

Yeah, gently caress this noise. I'm going to bed. Not waiting 40 loving minutes to watch two more overs. Why can't the match referee just say play on?

Welcome to cricket, the game of rules pedantry. In my league, we're not allowed to pull up stumps until 5pm, even if you get a result at 3pm. This means either the batting side continues to bat past the score, or the fielding side goes in for a pointless second innings.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

1-7 off 2? England have absolutely turned it around this session. Lot of positives to take into the next game. Wouldn't want to be the next team to face the Brave English Lions

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I'm drinking Piers Morgan's tears out of a stein

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There are 4 teams in this pool with extremely similar kits.

This is why the next world cup is getting cut back to 10 teams. There just aren't enough colours to go around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

auzdark posted:

What's is that spray everyone gets sprayed with when they're injured on the field?

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Deep_Freeze_Cold_Spray/2273/37766.html