Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

This is probably region blocked in aus but as I live in a country that has no broadcast rights of the WC I just bought it: http://www.starsports.com/ssplus/index.html $25, all matches and the quality is as good as your connection, includes warm up games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Fox aren't doing a streaming package for non subscribers do they ? They do one for the EPL which is pretty sweet value if you don't have fox.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I live in Philippines (no broadcast, even in cable) so I paid for this: http://www.starsports.com/ssplus/index.html $40 and its top notch, if you can it working with vpn in aus its great.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

does someone want to explain to Warnie the growth of the Indian economy

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

monkeu posted:

Is there actually any evidence that David Warner is racist aside from him asking someone who he was speaking to to use a language that they both actually spoke and understood?

he's a Matraville houso, it would be more likely than not

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

skysports commentary :dance:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

gently caress Root could have been out thrice

Haddin should have taken that

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

i'm starting to think it would have been better if Haddin held Root

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

so how incapable of bowling is Watson?

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Ponting is pretty rubbish - he's not as bad as the matiest mates who ever mated crew but he's pretty dull and uninformative

Warney is usually pretty good on sky

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I think Smith fell asleep too :(

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

great spell watto

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

christ, broad is going to score more than us

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I see Warner has learnt from the first innings with his run a ball 25 so far

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

If Australia had batted like this in the first innings they would be in with a shout for this match.

They have given 3 chances so far (2 dropped and a NB)

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

England had a lot of luck with drops too.

both teams are loving poo poo tbh

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

gently caress SAKE WARNER.

FUCKWIT

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

You Am I posted:

Warner does something stupid oh wow that's a rare thing for him to do.

what the actual gently caress was that shot

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

RUN RATE'S STILL LOOKING GOOD

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

The A Team are in india so the players would come from there:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/a-team-tri-series-2015/engine/match/892963.html

The top 2 have to be brought in (I have NFI why Burns isn't on tour already.

It's very very thin on leadership beyond Smith, No doubt Warner would be VC and he is exactly the sort of calming influence and leader of men you want to bring a new generation through :(

Wish Phil Hughes was around :(

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Ahh well.. enjoy it, pommy bastards. :(

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

At least it didn't get in the way with the Premier League

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Steve Waugh, Bob Simpson are two that immediatly come to mind. The biggest issue with Hughes is how he was screwed around with, never really given a chance to settle, got coached into a knot and self doubt. Maybe he would have had another chance and taken it, maybe he would have failed, it's all a guess. But he was fairly close to being recalled off hte back of plenty of FC runs and he would have almost certainly been in the World Cup squad.

My point about Hughes was that he was at least a good age and had a good record (46 at FC level) to make it at test level. We don't really seem to have a lot at the ~27 yo mark.

His first class record since he was dropped in England was outstanding:

FFS you've got useless cunts like Smarsh being picked who average 60% of what Hughes did and are 5 years older.

Also holy crap how little first class cricket players play these days :(

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Seams posted:

The important thing to remember about this Ashes is that Adam Lyth won the selection lotto and is now Adam Lyth: Ashes winner.

Will he get an MBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I wish c9 would give it a rest blowing smoke up the arse of this game though