Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

markgreyam posted:

Goddammit someone help me with the women's cricket joke here.

It isn't enough of a joke on its own? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Has anyone found a not-garbage stream for the India/Pakistan match? The ones I have tried are all buffering like mad, even on my phone over 4G (and my neighbor's unsecured wireless), so it isn't my internet connection.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

list of streams from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/wiki/livestreams

The acestream one worked for me but you need to dl a player. Reasonable quality (you can see the ball)

Cheers.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

zakharov posted:

Ironically, a bar called "The Australian."

https://www.theaustraliannyc.com

I've been here and can say that this place rules. Hopefully Pakistan makes something of this to validate me staying up until probably 6AM (at this rate).

Also, solid stand by Zimbabwe. They sure collapsed pretty terribly, but at least they made a show of it and look to have a team that could be something.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

$12 for a pie? gently caress that mate.

It is NYC. That's actually reasonable.

Someone please choke Warne to death. Preferably with some KFC.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Since they have been separated a bit I'm finding Warne and Slater the most unbearable.

All of the channel 9 guys are horrid though.

I think Warne is the worst, though. His constant bleating about Australia being great and the best combined with this garbage he keeps spewing about making the grounds bigger to show off the non-existent "bat technology". Just because you keep saying a thing is real does not make it real, you insipid, vacuous oval office.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

There was a good stint earlier with Warne discussing the Pakistan leggie's technique, but for each one of those there are 4 moronic ideas he gets fixated on anddoesn't shut up about. I think he only commentates so he can listen to his stream of conciousness for what he sees as quality twitter nuggets.

Yeah, that was a good bit of talk but the utter quantity of poo poo you have to be subjected to to get to those nuggets is just heinous. I would rather just sit through a loop of the audio of those terrible loving Vitality transition ads, and those things are the worst.

Goddamnit Pakistan, stop trying to gently caress this up. I want India to lose every single one of their matches.

edit: Pakistan's running is going to be their downfall. It has been atrocious so far.

Or it'll be a questionable review. I think they're done. Tail of the order is pretty lackluster. Misbah is good, but I don't think he can carry the whole team for 200 runs.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 15, 2015

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

Thats game with Afridi gone.

Yadav got 3 wickets with absolute trash, what a shame.

Well, that certainly was some collapse. I'm going to bed.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Very solid fielding by Ireland so far.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I've heard diamond, royal, and platinum duck used interchangeably for out first ball of the innings but I have only heard diamond duck used to describe out without facing a ball.

Windies need to get the gently caress on with it.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

What the gently caress, Gayle.

Hahahaha, the songs they have played after the Irish take wickets have been fantastic. Someone at the ground has a sense of humor.

edit: gently caress me, guys, get it together.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 16, 2015

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

zakharov posted:

Who the hell is picking this music? Also, more like Collapso Cricket

I'm enjoying it. Playing "Everythng is going to be all right" and "Everybody Hurts" after wickets fell is goddamn funny to me.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Brett824 posted:

West Indies are like the only side right now I would feel sad about an associate beating :smith:

Related: Anyone read this Second XI book about the associates? I've heard really positive reviews.

I got it a week ago and tore through it. Great read, definitely pick it up.

edit: gently caress off with this garbage cricket, Windies. I like you guys but this poo poo is embarrassing.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

He posts the best stuff.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Pretty dire stuff being 106-5 after 30 overs. I can't see Windies having even the slightest chance in this without getting to 250. Even then, their bowling is marginal at best.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

3rd U2 song they've played. I'm waiting for the DJ to gently caress up and play Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

zakharov posted:

I've come back around to loving this DJ

Well, I was enjoying it but they just played Bryan Adams so they can die in a fire now, thanks.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Mooney looks hosed. His run up was real bad.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

The Nards Pan posted:

What happened? I wasn't watching for a a little bit and now everyone is staggering around like they've been shot.

Sammy's lower back appears to be bothering him. Mooney might have pulled a hamstring or have a cramp or something.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Sammy has just decided it is time for a tonk, apparently.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Mooney is pissed. He looks like a man I would not want to piss off.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Everyone should watch Fire in Babylon. Even my girlfriend, that could not possibly care less about cricket, enjoyed it.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Just tuned in and I already hate the DJ.

It started well with some quality comedy songs after the first few wickets, but it has gone way downhill real fast since then. At least we've only had to suffer the one Bryan Adams song.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

The Windies total is going to look way better than it should given how poor some of this bowling from O'Brien has been.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

poo poo DJ, get out. He already played this song.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Decent ton from Simmons, there, but Windies have absolutely no business being at 300.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

loving racist DJ. Playing happy music when Ireland hits boundaries.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

NZ are known racists. Disgusting really.

I mean, they're no Australians, but the racism has clearly crossed the waters looking for a new land to infest (not unlike all those dirty asylum seekers, amirite).

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

zakharov posted:

They just played a song called "Gone Gone Gone" after a wicket.

Cold as ice bro

DJ is back in my good graces. Also, Gayle looks like one cool motherfucker.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

DJ has played Cotton Eye Joe, burn him at the stake.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Aw, I was hoping we'd get another Mark Richardson moment there...

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

:ninja:

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

zakharov posted:

I wonder if the DJ is aware that reggae artists exist who aren't Bob Marley

He played one earlier, but I didn't recognize the artist.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

gently caress it must be depressing being a long time Windies fan.

It is. :(

They don't even look like they care which, given the shambles the WICB is in, isn't surprising.

I think Ireland will win by the 41st over.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Wow this is taking way longer than it should have. Windies seem to have completely given up having seen that fielding by Gayle, which is sad because taking those wickets put them back into it a bit.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Windies are so drat terrible.

They've been on a downward slide for ages now. The warm-up matches were shambolic and this one looked to be just as horrific at the start. Something is happening in that team to cause what almost appears to be disillusionment. Gayle can't be arsed to bat, bowl, or field with any sort of energy while Holden just fumes every time the team fucks something up (which is often). The middle order seemed to give a poo poo today, but only while batting. Once they hit the field to defend, all the vigor seemed to drain once more. There was no chatter, no sledging, no effort, nothing.

I don't really know what they do from here. If they are going to play this way every time, why the gently caress even bother showing up? And it isn't even like they're trying to channel the swagger of the Windies teams of old through their nonchalance. They're just acting like they'd rather be anywhere else and depending on why it is happening there's only so much you can do about it. Maybe the weight of dealing with the horseshit WICB has finally broken their spirit.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Jesus loving christ New Zealand. At least the crowd gets a show, I guess, but gently caress me this is some stupid batting.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

They care less about crowd than tv revenue.

Side by side games basically half potential customers and the ICC is all about money.

Pretty much this. It is an amazing thing that they're running two matches on the weekends since they overlap.

Also, let's loving go, Afghanistan!

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Afghanistan bowling has been very solid so far, but fielding has had a couple hiccups. Bangladesh has been very boring with their batting outside of a few excellent shots. They've been letting Afghanistan's tight fielding choke them out on dot balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

-Spiffy- posted:

It's the war paint. Too fierce.

The fiercest.

edit: And Shenwari gets done for landing in the danger area. Lovely. Wasn't one of the Pakistanis given two warnings? He clearly only got one.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 18, 2015