Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I believe Cpig because he didn't intentionally claim in the first place, Ernie outed him from his breadcrumb.

##vote Somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

There was also the part where Dr. Hurt and Meinberg targeted CPig the same night and there was no kill, so I'm pretty confident that was Hurt trying to kill CPig.

I'm slightly suspicious of Rarity's bomb claim, just because that's a plausible way for scum to explain not getting nightkilled on top of being a "get out of acting scummy free" card, but she hasn't acted particularly scummy (aside from the Quidnose thing but I'm not really one to talk there :o: ).

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Luckily, I can hammer Rarity without dying myself if it comes to that.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

In other words "I'm paranoid about the people who aren't confirmed town" if you're trying to parse that out.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh, nice! Hopefully It doesn't come to that though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm fine with being lynched if it comes to that cause I know it would make a great fakeclaim but I'd rather we get someone else we think is scum to hammer me.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Alright, Somber's at -2 now, let's let everybody have their say before we hammer. CirclMastr, I'm especially curious what you think about the situation, you seemed really confused before but things seem to be coming into focus now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think Somber is a good choice, with the logic laid out.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Abyssal Squid posted:

CirclMastr, I'm especially curious what you think about the situation, you seemed really confused before but things seem to be coming into focus now.

I still don't get how scumhunting works; the focus is just coming from town people being eliminated as suspects.

Since CPig now knows my ability, I'll say that it failed both times I tried to use it, so it's still available. If the game doesn't end today (for whatever reason) I would love his advice on who might be scum aside Rarity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well, it's been a pretty crappy game for S C U M H U N T I N G. The game is very role heavy, so we have more information than we'd normally have and we've taken long detours into setup speculation land instead of actually reading people for alignments. Generally you want to look at peoples' posts and discern the intent behind them, see if they have genuine thought or if they're pro-forma "hi i'm contributing" check-ins.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Like, look at this Asiina post that I had flagged as suspicious, now knowing that she's scum:

Asiina posted:

I like Amni's effort so far, it feels earnest, although I disagree with some of his points. I don't think that one of PMom, Meinberg, or Grandi [e: she meant Quidnose here] being scum clears the others, that particular connection feels weak.

I need to take a closer look at gamerofthegames, although I'm about to take off for the day so it'll have to wait.

I want people to look at EXAKT's vote. He takes CPig's jokevote and makes a serious vote off of it because it's lazy. I don't like this reasoning.

She knows Amni isn't scum, but that he's likely to be cuddled very early on (his posting was erratic and non-sensical), so she throws her lot in with him so that when he gets killed and isn't scum, she looks insightful.

I still don't know what the part about me, Meinberg, and Quidnose means?

She throws kind of a floater opinion on EXAKT, nothing that can be pinned to her, but challenging people to build a case on him. If people started finding things in EXAKT's posting, she could have jumped on and cuddled him. If not, well, she hasn't committed herself to it. And, if EXAKT does get killed, well, she wouldn't have been the driving force being the kill, she was hoping for someone else to do the heavy lifting and convincing of the thread.

And the thing on gamer is just.. bleh.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Aurgh I'm heading out to go play nerd games but I'm Chill Man, town roleblocker. Scum must have a godfather ability or something because I don't see Pig lying here. I mean I think we'll probably win regardless of my lynch but let's talk about this first.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Who'd you roleblock

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm imagining Somber at a whiteboard, furiously trying to put together a plausible fakeclaim.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Abyssal Squid posted:

Alright, Somber's at -2 now, let's let everybody have their say before we hammer. CirclMastr, I'm especially curious what you think about the situation, you seemed really confused before but things seem to be coming into focus now.

He's actually at -1, votefinder just isn't registering your doublevote for some reason...

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I think I have to say when I want my vote to count double? I'll just unvote for now, there's three days left on the deadline.

##unvote

If we've got a roleblocker and only one scum left, we might be able to round out the game without any more town dying.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm imagining Somber at a whiteboard, furiously trying to put together a plausible fakeclaim.

"Hey guys, before we start rolling dice, I need you to help me out with something."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Got wrecked super quick this round, blocks were Quidnose Quidnose gamer Pinterest rarity. I might have

Thinking about where we are if we mislynch me then they'll probably kill pig or maybe squid if they have a godfather like I think.

Pin will you claim? It has to be pin or quid or both.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, phones.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ugh I know I'm objectively a good lynch but this sucks, this is still a loseable game for us.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bulletproof. I can only be killed by cuddle or strongman kill.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No way is there a permanent lynchproof and permanent bulletproof on the same team :l

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay back to getting owned, good luck.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Bulletproof. I can only be killed by cuddle or strongman kill.

You'll note that MMM's role PM has him as bulletproof, but doesn't mention anything about a strongman kill. Idk what's up with that.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

You'll note that MMM's role PM has him as bulletproof, but doesn't mention anything about a strongman kill. Idk what's up with that.

He was only 2-shot bulletproof, so repeated nightkill attempts could kill him too.

I'm not sure what to think about Somber's claim except that unless there's two scum it absolutely clears Rarity. My gut says to give him a night to prove himself, but there's no way to tell if the surviving scum was roleblocked or just withheld the nightkill. It gives CPig an extra night to investigate though, so that's a net win for town.

CMast's the only one who hasn't claimed yet, although only Somber Quid and I have flavor attached.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I want to find out what CMast's deal is before I suggest anything else.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The trick here is to continually cuddle me so nothing happens and scum are forced to pick all of us but Pmom off one by one

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
CPig who all have you copped? Based on your breadcrumbs, I see:

Ernie, PMom, Asiina, Meinberg, CMast., like CMast posted. Is that an accurate list?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Cpig and Cyrcle both target me then a result is guaranteed either way.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If Somber is telling the truth, we have:

Rarity: confirmed town.
AS: confirmed town.
CPig: possibly running a ridiculous gambit, but likely town.
EXAKT: no real reason to believe he's town
Circl: Town cop result
PMom: Town cop result
Quidnose: *sigh*

The only other person I'd be okay voting is EXAKT, but I'd rather kill Somber first.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

or I guess a four person scum team, which would unconfirm Rarity and leave the possibility of Cpig + me or Cpig + Circl, but I don't think 4 scum + 1 sk + 2 3p makes sense for an 18 player game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(and yeah, I am discounting Godfather here, because both scum flips we've seen were identical, and because Cpig says he gets more than just a town/not town result.)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Right but I think from the flips we saw that the scum don't get powers defined necessarily by the person they kill, right? They get some kind of variant power.

Like I get why I'm the best lynch for today but it all goes screwy if there's a four person scum team, which is starting to make sense.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This may be the dumbest piece of set-up spec I ever put out there but:

I feel good about a three-person scum team because of the three aspects to scum's abilities - NK, role cop, stolen ability. It's nice symmetry.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EXAKT Science posted:

CPig who all have you copped? Based on your breadcrumbs, I see:

Ernie, PMom, Asiina, Meinberg, CMast., like CMast posted. Is that an accurate list?

Accurate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Cpig

Let's confirm this poo poo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute.

CapitalistPig posted:

I will say that cmast isnt a tracker but he IS town.

Why did Cmast lie? Godfather?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

##vote Cpig

So bad on so many levels.

Why would any town member have anything close to this thought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

##vote Cpig

Uh Quid what the gently caress?

• Locked thread