Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Abyssal Squid posted:

The claim passes the sniff test imo, it may be a mod-given fakeclaim but I really doubt it considering Asiina didn't get one.

Wait, how do we know that scum didn't get fakeclaims? There has to be a claim out there you don't believe right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Wait, how do we know that scum didn't get fakeclaims? There has to be a claim out there you don't believe right now.

CPig investigated Asiina, who was scum, and got a scum read from it, so I'm assuming that's true for everybody. So yeah, I'm pretty confident in all the claims that are backed up by cop/rolecop investigations.

I'm satisfied with the information we've got for the day. CirclMastr, your plan to redirect scum to target Rarity and blow them up against her bomb sounds solid. Since you saw that EXAKT didn't take a night action, the scum are one or more of Somber, Quid, or Rarity, so I'd redirect Quidnose onto Rarity. That should tell us everything we need to know after we cuddle Somber.

##vote somber

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Yeahhhh, don't quote your role PM.

Well I had no idea what your question was asking. :/ Sorry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is ~ f ~ r ~ u ~ s ~ t ~ r ~ a ~ t ~ i ~ n ~ g ~

if nothing else you should leave me alive so circle can redirect me and pig can investigate.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Here's where everybody stands:

Me (ASqui): confirmed town by my mason buddy's flip
CPig: claims cop, no counterclaims, was visited by both scum and doctor on a night with no kill
PMom: confirmed by cop investigation
CMast: confirmed by cop investigation

EXAKT: claims weird passive third-party copying role, copied a town day action, didn't take an action every night (CMast's redirect attempt failed)
Rarity: claims bomb, no hard confirmation
Quid: claims unlimited cuddleproof town, is at least 1x cuddleproof
Somber: claims roleblocker (no claimed flavor), targeted only people with passive powers and no way to confirm or deny

Rarity has been acting very town, Quid has been acting scummy but idk having cuddleproof scum from the getgo seems mean, and Somber has been acting ambiguously scummy, especially trying to get the cop-confirmed town bulletproof cuddled. I mean really now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh yeah

##vote somber

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CirclMastr posted:

Well I had no idea what your question was asking. :/ Sorry.

You get a pass once since this is your first game in like 3 years, but please remember in the future that quoting any PM from a mod (or any PM you do not have permission to post) is verboten.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I claimed Chill Man.

You have to think about this from my perspective Squid. I know that I'm town so I know that there's something wrong. I think there has to be a godfather. Not only that, but we lose absolutely nothing.from not lynching me tonight since we can confirm a lot of information and would end up no-lynching eventually since I'm not scum and there's and even number of players.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote no lynch

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Yep. This has all the tells of scum trying to work out of a tight corner.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Haha I just ran across that myself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
presuming i'm lunched today, if the kill is successful tonight, we'll start tomorrow with six alive and four to lunch. if we go for the rarity/quidnose doublelunch tomorrow and neither are scum, that's either lylo or game over if there are four scum.

honestly i think the idea of rarity blowing up quid is not great, because he's either willing to play ball because he's town or he's lying scum with a one-shot lunch escape and should be lunched anyway.

it's either circle or pin or both i guess!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Based on all the current info I strongly believe that somber is scum.

##Vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Here comes the arm.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If I die tonight then there is glory in death. I'll see you in robot heaven, friends :patriot:

##vote Somber

:redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCj6TmFCmo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You corner Somberbrero, backing him against a tree. He stands silent and resolute. You face each other and nod, bringing your weapons to bear. He is cut down, and as he is, his body dissolves into orbs of blue light. The bodies of Asiina and Dr. Hurt do the same. All you have left is a helmet with the serial number DLN-001.

Somberbrero
(Mega Man, Ability-Coping Hero was defeated!

Robot Masters Win!

quote:

Congratulations Somberbrero! You are Mega Man, a Hero Robot Master! You may communicate in a scumdoc outside of the game. You win when you and your allies are a majority of the players in the game, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Every night you may perform one of three actions. One member of the team each night can perform a nightkill, as in a standard Mafia game. Whenever you nightkill someone, that player uses the Weapon Copy System to gain an ability. It may be permanent, or it may be a one-shot ability or a passive ability.

If you are not performing a night kill, you may instead scan another player to determine their flavor/role. You will also learn what ability you would gain from that player when they are nightkilled.

Finally, you may use any copied ability you have. Each player can only use one abillity a night, and only if they are not performing the nightkill or scanning targets. Some abilities may be passive; you will use these abilities automatically when possible or necessary, and do not count against your ability usage. Some abilities are used during the day and may remove your ability to use an ability at night. Regardless of the abilities you have, you can only make one kill a night unless something states otherwise.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, go town! Good game scums!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Post-mortem - the next time I run this I totally plan on randomly assigning groups of roles rather than individual roles. I thought I had double-checked role interactions to make sure nothing fishy was going on but the early death of the SK combined with not enough extra nightkills/vigs available to the scum team made this a really rough game. I apologize that this ended up more unbalanced that I would have liked and I really appreciate Somberbrero, Dr. Hurt and Asiina for putting up with my hamfisted game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

Post-mortem - the next time I run this I totally plan on randomly assigning groups of roles rather than individual roles. I thought I had double-checked role interactions to make sure nothing fishy was going on but the early death of the SK combined with not enough extra nightkills/vigs available to the scum team made this a really rough game. I apologize that this ended up more unbalanced that I would have liked and I really appreciate Somberbrero, Dr. Hurt and Asiina for putting up with my hamfisted game.

I enjoyed every minute of it, EP. You run good games :)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can't believe you guys killed me and then obvious town gamerofthegame 0/10 worst town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah i'm pretty good at mafia

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Told you I was town :colbert:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This was a fun game, but extremely difficult for scum. Not impossible but we would have had to be very, very lucky. There were just too many confirmed people and ways for people to confirm each other.

Also for the record I did think about the bus driver excuse as soon as I was called out, but thought it would have been scummier to say it right away.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

I enjoyed every minute of it, EP. You run good games :)

Sadly, not as good as I would have liked - around day 2 I realized that Astro Man, a one-shot juggernaut/strongman dayvig, had not been assigned to anyone. I really meant for that to be a role instead of Clown Man but I hosed it up somewhere. I didn't think changing the setup on day 2 would be good for the game. Then I accidentally mod-confirmed a townie, which didn't help scum at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sadly, not as good as I would have liked - around day 2 I realized that Astro Man, a one-shot juggernaut/strongman dayvig, had not been assigned to anyone. I really meant for that to be a role instead of Clown Man but I hosed it up somewhere.
Oh I found our juggernaut kill :downs:

It was a fun game, I had fun. Thanks E+

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sadly, not as good as I would have liked - around day 2 I realized that Astro Man, a one-shot juggernaut/strongman dayvig, had not been assigned to anyone. I really meant for that to be a role instead of Clown Man but I hosed it up somewhere. I didn't think changing the setup on day 2 would be good for the game. Then I accidentally mod-confirmed a townie, which didn't help scum at all.

Ah, that would explain a lot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am really mad I can now never do a fake bomb claim as scum :saddowns:

Thanks for the game Eplus, it was a blast :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, the lack of the juggernaut role was a big puzzle.

The lack of vig on Quid meant that town couldn't have a vig, so that meant that the strongman kill that was confirmed to exist in my PM had to be scum,
which in turn meant that scum had to have different abilities and not all just be role cops.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I already talked to Epsilon a little about this, but I feel like this would have been a pretty difficult win for the scum team. There's a few changes I would have made.

I would probably not show complete role messages on flips. Giving the town intimate knowledge of the entire scumteam setup from a single flip is a bummer.

In that same regard, having Abyss confirmed in-thread was unfortunate. It was complete luck that Gamer was lynched in the first place, but there would have been some room to move if he'd just flipped as a mason. In my recent Mountain Goats game I gave two players the same role and flavor and that was probably a mistake, there's just too much meta baggage.

One of the most important advantages for the Mafia is the nightkill ability. In this game, there was one player that was impossible for us to kill, one player that would have been very very difficult to kill, one that would blow us up, and three players with abilities to subvert or block our target. That's rough!

I definitely understand why EP wanted to hedge the power of the scum team, the copy abilities had the potential to be powerful. However, just having one collective Rolecop and Copy meant we would have had a very slow start. Having to scan a player before we knew what the copy ability meant we were heavily restricted in what useful powers we were able to absorb.

The Cop confirming role abilities as well led a lot of people to discount the possibility of a Godfather, which was sort of uniquely punishing in this situation.

Publicly confirmed abilities like Exakt's, Quid's, and Ernie's are all very powerful. I would probably limit those in the future

Permanent versions of Bulletproof and Lynchproof are preeeetty difficult to deal with. I feel better knowing that it was just impossible for us to kill Pinterest though, I was going crazy trying to figure that out.

I feel like if everyone had claimed day one, the game would have been over very quickly.

Epsilon I had a good time and I really enjoyed your flavor, I'd definitely play your next game. Role madness games are usually half-balanced at best and usually rely on cheats like lots of passive powers. Kudos for going all out! I think you could probably come up with a reusable version of this setup if you ever want any input.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I tried to act true to my wincon.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh, and i became a godfather just in time to use that ability last night.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bonus content for the Blue-Ray Release: this document contains all the hypothesized roles including several that did not make the cut. I believe I edited some people's role PMs as I sent them to fix some last-minute errors.

Fun facts:

- coming up with a doctor role was really hard!
- the scum team never figured out that Mega Man/Proto Man could copy different powers. That may have been too much complexity/variability.
- Clown Man's copy ability should have been to make someone nightkilled by scum flip as a ridiculous fakeclaim. Immediately after sending out the PMs I struck on this idea, possibly using bad Mega Man fan art.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Scum doc.

Epsilon Plus posted:

- the scum team never figured out that Mega Man/Proto Man could copy different powers. That may have been too much complexity/variability.

What do I look like, Reading Comprehension Man?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh and kudos to Somber: you kept holding on and trying long after anyone reasonable would've given up. :3:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Somber, why.

I trusted you, Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Somber, why.

I trusted you, Somber.

You came here to destroy Mega Man. You came here to make friends.

You see now, you cannot do both.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Good game, was definitely fun :D

Note to mod: combo watcher/tracker is absolutely ludicrously overpowered, especially when combined with a cop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh and HEY the real crime this game was that I didn't get to use my VENGEANCE kill! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeYGiS_hZhU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also I really recommend everyone read day 2 of the scumdoc for Somber's breakdown on the greatest bodies of water of all time

• Locked thread