Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to be the Protoman.

Also you should pm Clockwork this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Don't leave me you jerks! :argh:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I can't handle all the twists and turns in this game already!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Protomen are probably my favorite Mega Man themed rock opera fanfiction group.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have never beat a Mega Man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's everyone's favorite Mega Man? I like the one with the whales.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Epsilon I would like to play mafia now, please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

and ##vote exakt

##vote Pinterest Mother serious vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Would it be super rude to lunch Amni day one of his first game back?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Amni you're stating that there are existing interactions that lead to definitive alignment conclusions and based on the last page I have no idea what you're talking about. My initial reaction is that you are eager to make strong alignment calls to appear town so you are getting ahead of yourself. I've had a weird day so explain your earlier statement like I'm an idiot because it's been a weird day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gamer that's a scummy post. Why do you feel the need to detail your opinions on so many players when you only call one and a half of them scum? What function does it serve to say someone is dumb or 'could be suspicious?' List style posting is weird this early in the game and that looks forced.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is the most suspicious post in the game ##vote asiina

I want to hear why you think that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think trying to paint amni as a reasonable person with points you can agree or disagree with is a ridiculous and #suspicious thing to do

I don't know what answer I was expecting but that feels like the wrong one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I definitely thought Pinterest was scummy but now I can't remember why.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay but that Gamer post is definitely something I would have gotten lynched for as a new town player.

Quidnose posted:

HiipFire posting more than I've ever seen him post in a mafia game before, clear scum tell ##vote HiipFire 100% serious vote

Quid by contrast should know better. ##vote Quidnose

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

you voted me after i voted exakt with no explanation, maybe that was it?

yeah i really wish i could remember why, it was a good reason :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

something like "pm has insisted in the past that exakt just has a scummy d1 meta and that it's no use cuddling him d1, but now he's voting exakt on d1 based on a very flimsy post", maybe?

that's very good actually, ty.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

BTW, I've been pretty busy the last couple days, and now I'm a bit out of it, so my apologies if my thought processes are a bit disjointed.

I think Amnistar is town. He was trying to generate content in the beginning, which seems like a town move to me, and misinterpreting my early game posting as scummy is a pretty town thing to do.

Meinstein who is scum though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

HiipFire posted:

I hope you all realize the mistake you made with not turboing krell.

i think it's one of those nerd social fallacies that everyone should be allowed to participate in an activity no matter what but by the same token it feels mean to immediately exercise social justice. lumpen was okay once i tried to engage him in good faith so i'm gonna try that here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Meinberg know that I don't take it lightly when I say that you're a big fucker.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No come on Meinberg!

Meinberg posted:

That's a good question.

Right now, my leaning is Gamer, probably one between Max22 and CirclMastr due to extreme lurkiness, and I'd guess at least one other person who is currently under my radar.

You barely mention Gamer before and then you name a bunch of lurkers, that's so lame. Do you think that a lurker lynch is a good idea day one? Why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Counter point we could try to lynch scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

Get out of here, I was mostly joking.

My sentiment was that HiipFire was posting more than I've ever seen him post before (because literally, every game I've seen him in, he has not participated at all). That could mean he's scum and feeling like he has to try. I was serious about that.

I was joking that he should be automatically cuddled for it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

My opinion on the post above mine is that Somberbrero has never played organized sports of any kind. Everyone knows that unless you give it your 110%, you haven't given it your all.

I didn't play football for seven years to be lectured by someone named after a puppet.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

That post was me being hyperbolic and sarcastic, just in case anyone missed that.

So my question is: Why are you jumping down my throat for something I was clearly kidding about when lots of other people expressed "opinions" that they "obviously didn't mean?" Simply because I attached a vote and "100% serious vote to it?" Really? Honestly? Is that what we're doing now?

Ernie. posted:

Where does the current Coalition Of Great Mafia Strategists stand on 'defensiveness' as a scumtell?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
http://votefinder.org/player/gamerofthegame

Not feeling it. I'm not saying that we should give Gamer a pass just because he is new, but I am saying that I think that we're getting a false positive because he's new.

Quidnose has over a hundred games and flipped out after a modicum of pressure was applied. I don't really care about his meta because arguments based on posting styles are generally bad. He's currently dogging the vote leader hard so I'm not particularly inspired to give him a pass on effort.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gamer you should probably claim now.

The EccoGame deadline is also tonight so I might be distracted.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

My last game I was scum I got outed for posting to much and literally quoting the OP but having to much information, why would I post a lot of trash the next game? I'm just lovely at posting I guess. :shrug:

I think Amni sees how Gamer talks about how he got caught last time as scum and why he wouldn't do that behavior this game, the implication being that he is scum this game as well. It's clever but I doubt it's actually a scum slip.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

Ooooooh okay that makes more sense now. I don't agree with his premise but I still agree with the conclusion that he's probably scum

he being gamer

he's only played two games though, does that change your read at all?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't think that claim by itself says anything essential to the lynch at this point.

Ernie. posted:

okay let's go

##vote kumbamontu

nah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Allen Wren posted:

##vote Gamerofthegame just to prevent no-lynch. I don't generally like the "scum should have better coaching than this" argument but come on.

There are five hours until the lynch. This is a weak excuse for a vote Allen.

I'm also not sure what you mean by your second sentence, I might just be misreading it. Can you explain?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
A lot of people have not commented on Quid at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Quids done lots of whitenoise posting to make him look like he was involved while not actually adding anything, up until he was accused. I agree with the suspicion, but I would think scum would share with the vote-post-only lurkers over posting a lot and getting hosed over.

I think that's a sweeping generalization. There are a lot of different ways to play scum.

Allen Wren posted:

Of course it's a weak excuse. Nobody's got anything but weak excuses or lovely reads.

Do you have no opinion regarding Quid's blowup?

Does the idea that 'Gamer should have been coached better than this' work counter to your vote? Why wouldn't he have been coached better? It's not a rhetorical question.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Allen, you say that Gamer should have been coached better by his scums. He was, apparently, not coached well. Doesn't that imply that he wasn't coached well because he's town and doesn't have any buddies to tell him how to play?

Ernie. posted:

I think CPig himself has to admit that I'm the only player on the community who has a scary track record of knowing when he's scum.

CPig is 100% scum this game.

##vote CPig

I would vote Capitalist because he's bad at mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lynch has weird connotations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm not voting Krell because he actually made an effort post for once, that's deserving of living through D1 alone

Hey by the way effort is a strong word here.

Harold Krell posted:

After looking over the posts that occurred the past few days, I was able to narrow down a few suspects for scum.

1. Gamerofthegame -- His first post was essentially a misinformed list of opinions on people which make him highly suspicious.

2. apostateCourier -- Has not posted since his outburst against me, most likely lurking now.

3. Meinberg -- Recently admitted being poor at mafia despite experience, most likely a ploy for sympathy.

##vote Gamerofthegame

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd vote Cpig before I'd vote Gamer but this feels weird and I'd rather lynch Quid because I'm pretty sure he's scum. I haven't felt this good about a day one case in forever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

The last time I played against scum Quidnose it was the Christmas game and he was cool as a cucumber (source). Let's flip the logic around. Do you think someone with over a hundred games of experience will just flip the gently caress out under the least bit of pressure when they're scum?

I started to read that but I'm not sure it even counts as a real game.

Yeah I think it's possible for experienced players to get overly defensive as scum. I've been playing mafia off and on since my reg-date and I still get flustered as scum sometimes. Seriously how does that reaction seem normal or sane to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also laffo

start of day two in that game, Ernie:

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I'd buy Kumba and Quid.

I want quid to COME OUT AND PLAY

Quidnose posted:

Why are you having the burden of scum hunting fall specifically on me?

This looks like you're attempting a lurker callout on me when I was pretty active yesterday. The thread just opened for the day. Asiina, yuming, and Little Mac haven't even checked in yet. So why are you calling me out for not playing?

completely over the top

• Locked thread