Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Eh, it's been a while since I've been in a game. Sure, I'm in.

I rescind my request.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Don't leave me you jerks! :argh:

Sorry, but I'm not up for this.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm back in.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote krell

ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I have my PM.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote apostateCourier

Screwed up the Rolling Start. :colbert:

But the spirit is there! What'd I screw up, anyway?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Here, let me show you how it's supposed to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Krell

If I was really on the ball I would've posted capps' secret santa video.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

You are a little piss.

I've noticed several times that any game I try to join that you're also in, you act like a whiny baby and quit as if you're a loving martyr. Then stupid people decide to sympathize with you and kick me from the signoffs.

Well...

:devil: Congratulations! Welcome to the 7th circle of hell! :devil:

I'm going to dedicate this entire game to making your stay as miserable as possible! Aren't you lucky? :3:

To start, why don't you go ahead and retract your vote before you regret it? ;)

Nah.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The usual Fate going, "oh hey, Apostate is playing Mafia, BETTER DROP SOME DRAMA ON HER" happened. I now have a friend going through a divorce, and a new roommate. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Amnistar posted:

Quid, my comment about meta defenses being dumb was a joke, I figured you of all people would get that...

As for your response, it was too much, too fast and it makes me doubt your alignment. I'm not saying because you defended yourself you're scum, please don't put words in my mouth. Your point about being singled out is valid, but the manner in which you made it is suspect.

:shrug: I didn't want to move my vote, but Krell posted a thing that was actually playing the game.

It is a little weird that Quid overreacted that much when someone didn't see through the majesty of his "100% serious" joke. I really don't see how it's so out of the ordinary that it means he's scum- or at least more likely to be scum than Gamer. Gamer is much more likely to be scum because of his wishy-washy textbook scumposts. ##vote Gamer

As for this post,

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hello, I have spent a day without internet.

My last game I was scum I got outed for posting to much and literally quoting the OP but having to much information, why would I post a lot of trash the next game? I'm just lovely at posting I guess. :shrug:

I still have a gut on EXACT, but I'll vote for a lynch tomorrow. Which looks like it'll be me or Krell right now, so that'll be fun. I am leaning more towards Krell actually being scum, tho, suddenly not posting and waiting for another lynch to ride after you've been fingered instead of defending yourself strikes me as scum 101.

nice scumslip
owned idiot

I really hate to say it but with Krell, that could mean Krell is scum, but it could also mean that the sky is occasionally blue.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

So that is my point entirely. That sentence right there.

I totally missed the bit where you didn't vote for Quid, as well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

I think CPig himself has to admit that I'm the only player on the community who has a scary track record of knowing when he's scum.

CPig is 100% scum this game.

##vote CPig

Assuming this isn't a joke, care to say why?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

The real question here is, will you all follow me into freeing CPig's doofus head from his okayishly shaped shoulders, and be The First Town Ever To Trust Ernie On Cpig, or do you all want to be just another set of losers who tell themselves 'yeah, i guess we should have gotten rid of CPig at some point'?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i won't be emotionally manipulated ernie

Mostly because this.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote Quidnose

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Around, following the thread, no real commentary on what is going on except for sideline stuff, but happy to drop a vote at deadline without any other opinions offered. AC lookin' bad too, I would swap Meinberg out for him maybe.

Her.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Oh poo poo we had a WHOLE thing about this in one of our other games. I am so sorry. Committing to memory.

Can you answer my question? :shobon:

What question?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

The one I didn't ask: What up, lady? Why u do that.

:shrug: I switched to avoid a no-lynch. I wasn't here for your claim.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Is there a reason you dropped a vote with no commentary then vanished for the deadline?

I was cooking dinner.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're technically answering the question but being unhelpful, come on.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful! I didn't have time close to deadline to do anything that would take effort. It doesn't take much time to look at the front page, see how close deadline is, who's the lynch leader, and fire off a vote. That's what I had time to do, so that's what I did.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

when i see quid asking you questions / raising concerns about your participation, and you focusing on him not technically having asked a question or answering in the most narrow way possible, it makes you look guarded / like you have something to hide

He didn't ask a question at first, and I'm very literal-minded. I answered with the truth. What more do you want?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

App, what you seem to be saying is that you literally had no time but to check vote finder, drop a vote, and leave?

That is exactly what I am saying.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I believe Hiipfire. I don't see Hiip volunteering that much information unprompted as scum, and the hesitation about fullclaiming seems legit as well.

Ernie, here you go

Amni's been bugging me. Proposing lynch-chains, end-of-day-1 scumminess, and his misappropriation of my words to "strengthen" his point set off all kinds of alarm bells. So, he's both my #1 and ##vote Amni

Exakt's been picked apart, and apart from his Cpig read (which COULD just be wrong, but when the only person you read is a person that wants you dead that's kinda iffy) he's been saying a bunch of "but why am I scummy?" without actually hunting.

Then well I guess PM for having no real content of note beyond "I like Ernie's gut."

I wanted to put gamer on here as #3, but honestly he's been putting in some effort to try to figure stuff out and that says "town" to me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wait did you quote a mod PM? Don't do that!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Wait did you quote a mod PM? Don't do that!

Oh hey I'm a moron, that was the not-flip.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

The problem with this line of logic is that scum can easily have been given Robot Master fake-claims. I am sword master, for example. But there's no way for you to know that I'm not lying.

Okay, I'm dueling EXAKT in an hour unless anyone tells me not to or makes a convincing case for why I should use it on someone else. Sorry, EXAKT.

Wait, "sword master" not "sword man?"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

and look at this weakass "gotcha"

Note that I didn't press hard. It struck me as odd.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

"I didn't press hard" is an interesting defence.

That's because it isn't really a defense? I'm just kinda reacting right now. Hang on, still dredging up quotes to back up what I said about amni.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

sup

Amnistar posted:

That's jumping ahead Capitalist!

If you think that He is scum because he is ignoring MEinberg and puts his scum on ignore OBVIOUSLY you need to vote for Meinberg first and then we can vote for Pinterest.

That's the lynch chain thing. Sure, joke phase, whatever, but hey it's there. Throw in how lovely you played end of day 1, and the next bit

Amnistar posted:

So that is my point entirely. That sentence right there.

This post is the one where I say you're misusing my words. You took one bit of my post out of context for your case's sake. Scum.

I don't like the blind faith in Ernie here:

Amnistar posted:

You know what ernie. I like your chutzpuh.

##vote cpig

You have my nebulous explained weaponry that was theoretically designed to help with some mundane task but is ridiculously deadly.

and as for my last bit I'll just go ahead and quote Somber

Somberbrero posted:

I am more suspicious of Amnistar because what does that vote accomplish with an hour left. Not much.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly I'm scrambling to get a bunch of posts down right now because in like 10 minutes I'm going to be dragged away again and I'm not super glad about how little time I've had for Mafia since I started signing up for games again! Hopefully this content helps in some way, obviously this post doesn't but hey.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

I mean, you acknowledge that my post was a joke so I'm not sure why you're using it as evidence, but that point still stands.

It's where my mind was when I scrambled to read the thread. Like I said I don't have a huge amount of time for this given the new roomie and DRAMA and everything. Honestly that list post was way sloppier than I wanted it to be, just because I was trying to both 1. read what I'd missed and 2. constantly refresh to get posts as they came in a fairly small amount of time.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Chain lynhes built off of innocence, I.E. Either You or You are scum, so we lynch one, then if you're town' we lynch the other are anti-town.

Chain Lynches built off of guilt, I.E. if this person is scum then you are totally scum as well because of these connections are pro-town.

That's how we establish the scum, by connecting them together.

But that's not the only way to establish scum, and it's not the most consistent way either? Especially with a claimed masonry in the game.

I concede the point that I was hasty in calling out that particular point, again I was kinda scrambling to catch up.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

It might have changed but, in fact, that IS the most consistent way to find scum. They have knowledge from each other, such as the alignment of other players.

I don't know, I just try to look through the game and find behavior that deliberately makes things muddy, or is rear end-covering, or outright contradictions and lies. It tends to work.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

So wait do I vote for someone to live, or for someone to die?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

Are you actually reading anything? You can tell me I'll keep your secret safe

I am. Contradictory mechanics posts confuse the hell out of me though.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, fair. Guess I missed that when I skimmed through.

Round 2 of crazy duel time sounds fun to me. It also sounds decidedly pro-town. Either a dangerous non-town role goes away, or Exakt can choose to confirm as town and throw a pseudo-vig on someone they think is scum.

:megaman:Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

apostate, you're around. comment on something. anything. literally anything.

Yeah I missed a lot of time and posts and I have a sick kid to take care of. I've got time for some fun paranoia posts in the mafia discussion thread but as for something that takes, say, effort? I already asked for a replacement. Life just says "no" to me doing things.

• Locked thread