Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

yes yes yes put me in yes please i love megman me now yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

I can't handle all the twists and turns in this game already!

lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

The new Megaman comics are pretty good.

what? where? is this a troll? i would read mega man comics

edit: literally right above me lolol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

that's dark as gently caress what the hell

Archie did the Sonic Comics for HELLA DAYS and they were really good in the 90s, at least, 10 year old me thought they were the bee's knees. I will legitimately give that a try haha

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

I shall return to mafia with this game.

Hooray!

Get everyone in here, mafia all stars and newbies, let's do it

(It's me I am a newbie.)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

also i am self imposing a PR that i will make all my posts in the voice acting style of Mega Man X4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK1fQ-Eqwsk

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOORRRRRAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGHHHHH

(spoilers for mega man x4 if you give a poo poo or anything)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

What kind of scrub dies to Ice Man with that much health left?

Did you walk into that room with no health or something :v

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can pretty reliably get to Wily Fortress in MM1 and then I get wrecked and frustrated.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You listen to me, kid. You look bright, so I think you're worth the trouble of an explanation.

Have you ever strayed into the tall grass, and find yourself staring down a rabbit the size of a dog? Incisors big enough to bite your head clean off? What's more, this vorpal bunny that isn't exactly a vegetarian? Have you felt the fear of the unnatural? No, you haven't. Of course you haven't. It's because of the blood and grit of better men that you haven't.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by Guards with Mithril Swords. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Returner Scum? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Leafers, and you curse the Narshe Guard. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Leafer's deaths, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Confirming!

##vote Krell turbo turbo go go go!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

##vote Krell

legit the only one here who could be a random block fucker

gently caress those fuckers

this is a weird reason but i like your speed, brah

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Meinberg posted:

As a member of town, though,

Meinberg, why are you always so scummy right off the bat.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's a bad meta you should change it :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah that bullshit is bullshit, stop scaring the newbies away Krell.

Keeping my vote here, zoomzom~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar you know you're not voting meinberg right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

##Vote Meinberg

I had not. Thank you for letting me know Meinberg, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

What? What even is this intending to say?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He also initially voted you inside a quote which doesn't even register as vote finder thing but whatever man

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Confirming Role PM.

-#Vote Meinberg

Meinberg you have been selected to play a game! The rules of the game are simple, simply tell me who you would most want to be on your team as Scum, and who you would most want to be on your team as Town?

Oh his quote was from earlier in the game. Ok I am just completely off this morning haha never mind NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm always really suspicious of D1 "I solved the game :smugbert:" posts, and Aminstar has been posting really weird beside that.

But lynching the new/returning player on D1 always feels like a dick move.

Thank you for your post that says absolutely nothing :patriot:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amni strikes me more as "stoked to play some mafia!!" rather than scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

HiipFire posting more than I've ever seen him post in a mafia game before, clear scum tell ##vote HiipFire 100% serious vote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Quid by contrast should know better. ##vote Quidnose

Get out of here, I was mostly joking.

My sentiment was that HiipFire was posting more than I've ever seen him post before (because literally, every game I've seen him in, he has not participated at all). That could mean he's scum and feeling like he has to try. I was serious about that.

I was joking that he should be automatically cuddled for it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

That Quid post stuck out to me as well but that whole 100% SUPER SERIOUS VOTE GUYS i can't actually tell if it's a joke or not, like if the irony has reached super-saiyan level

This is the appropriate way to approach a post you are unsure about. Somber's vote on me is really bad. Why did you vote me, Somber, instead of calling me out?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

I am amazed at the number of real-sounding fake mafia player names in this post. Meinberg's really upped his faking content game.

LOL.

Do CirclMaster and Max22 know they are in this game? :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey Krell, how come you responded super negatively to the turbo on your and then stopped playing? Did we scare you off?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somber, if you really have never heard of hyperbolic sarcasm before I don't know what to tell you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You are arguing against joke phase. Are you really trying to argue against joke phase? This is not the general discussion thread, why are you getting on my case for engaging in joke phase.

Just because Amni had decided the game had started doesn't mean people weren't allowed to make jokes and weren't making jokes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here are some more terrible non-serious votes that are presented as serious that should be voted for, and happened immediately before or after my post!!

Amnistar posted:

Allen Wren is a dick
--I think my reasoning on this one is pretty obvious.

Allen Wren posted:

QUIT THE GAME

LET TOWN WIN

HiipFire posted:

goddamnit I knew I should have just gotten modkilled instead F U C K

Poison Mushroom posted:

You're all scum and I hate all of you.

Are they real opinions or are they fake??? I don't know, I cannot understand sarcasm!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That post was me being hyperbolic and sarcastic, just in case anyone missed that.

So my question is: Why are you jumping down my throat for something I was clearly kidding about when lots of other people expressed "opinions" that they "obviously didn't mean?" Simply because I attached a vote and "100% serious vote to it?" Really? Honestly? Is that what we're doing now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

Unfortunately my first question would be "how do you tell who is scum?" where the answer, given the thread so far, appears to be "anything you do can and will be construed as scummy". It reminds me of Paranoia in that sense, which is good, except that if I get killed over a mistake I make, I don't have five more clones to fall back on.

What is Paranoia that sounds fun

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I was being genuine, I really do hate all of you. :colbert:

HOW DARE YOU NOT SAY WHAT YOU MEAN ##vote Poison Mushroom

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

(That was also hyperbolically sarcastic.)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You are making a lot of claims about the way I play when CLEARLY you have never actually played a game with me if you are using "defensiveness" as a scumtell for me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

get out of here Forte you are not welcome in this MM universe

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

(i am jay kay i will play in your game)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Also dammit quid why you gotta be so scum in your over the top reaction to one guy asking you what's up?

It was two people! And again, have you played with me before?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Dude, you should really fix that. It promotes scummy no-effort play.

YOU'RE NOT HIS REAL DAD

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Then you should know my ~meta~, bro.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Meta is the defense of the scummy. If you play like scum, I will assume you are scum, and thus either make you lose games or get better meta.

After I lynch the person I am more sure is scum.

Meta can be used to defend a person based on how it applies to ~gut feelings.~

I agree that my using it to defend myself is pretty weak.

I also think that voting me for saying "100% serious vote" when I was joking is incredibly weak.

You ignore my valid questions:

Quidnose posted:

So my question is: Why are you jumping down my throat for something I was clearly kidding about when lots of other people expressed "opinions" that they "obviously didn't mean?" Simply because I attached a vote and "100% serious vote to it?" Really? Honestly? Is that what we're doing now?

...which I understand aren't directed at you, but you don't admit that that's a good point at all, just call me out for being scummy thanks to my "defensiveness." That's weird.

So, Amnistar, YOU answer me this, instead of the question I posed above (which I don't want an answer from you on): Do you think I make a good point in my questions above? Why or why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What is this?

• Locked thread