Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guru Yaekob

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Why does BYOB exist if GBS exists and is clearly better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
lol

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
pig slut lisa

irl is good

hi from gbs, i'm dad

Piso Mojado

Guru Yaekob posted:

Hi! :wave:

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Guru Yaekob posted:

hahahhahahahahhahahhahhahaahha

welcome, friend. let's chill.

Cosmic Charlie

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
I mean thats like asking why the stars shine at night if I walk on dirt

But thats okay, welcome friend

Guru Yaekob

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Wow, byob is sooo accepting. Maybe I should hang out here more.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cosmic Charlie

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Its a ride man

Piso Mojado

Guru Yaekob posted:

Wow, byob is sooo accepting. Maybe I should hang out here more.

Have you evr hit someone with a shovel? (sorry we gotta ask that now)

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Firing Squad for 6 Drug Offenders in Indonesia
I'm not exactly jumping up and down saying I think this is a great policy. But think about Mexico and the gang violence south of the border. Hundreds or even thousands of people have died as a result of gang warfare and intimidation. Wikipedia has an article on the Mexican Drug War, and the article says the official death toll of the war is at least 60,000. Some estimates put the actual figure at more than 120,000, with tens of thousands missing.

I don't necessarily think that firing squads are a bad idea for drug gangs. The death penalty makes criminals want to flee the country, and that's exactly what we want. We want the gangs to flee.

From an Old Testament perspective, capital punishment is appropriate for a person convicted of murder. The problem with these drug cases is that the gangs are at an undeclared state of war with their own country. They're not just drug cartels; they're murder cartels.

According to CNN, Indonesia plans to execute 6 drug offenders by firing squad. For instance, one of the offenders was caught with "13 kilograms of cocaine" at Jakarta airport. Two other offenders were caught with 8 kilograms of heroin. Indonesia has very strict drug laws. Five of the death row inmates are foreigners, for instance from places like Brazil. Some of these countries don't apply capital punishment, so there have naturally been appeals for clemency from some of these countries.

The Indonesian government even had a press conference to show the offenders to the media. There's a picture of the convict at a press conference, standing behind a police officer with a submachine gun pointed at him.

From my perspective, society should aim to stop drug abuse. My bigger concern is that these drug gangs are flagrant offenders, even worse than the ones pictured in movies like The Dark Knight. They kill people. They kidnap people. They shoot at police. And they're able to get away with this because the drug business is very profitable for some of them. So while I don't necessarily think the death penalty is the answer, it's hard for me to say that Indonesia is sending the wrong message. This time.

Gazpacho

by Fluffdaddy

Guru Yaekob posted:

just imagine if it didn't

just imagine

:wth:

----------------

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
:ftbrg:

FluffieDuckie

welcome to the yob :wave:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome to the yob :wave:

Hello Guru Yaekob

Salmiakki

Guru Yaekob posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Flat Daddy

by Nyc_Tattoo
IDK. GBS is really hard to read. That said, I haven't read BYOB yet

----------------

Diqnol

Guru Yaekob posted:

I am so outraged (:mad:) at this that it's actually funny, to me, and so to you I say: Hello. Welcome to BYOB. This is the chill forum.

City of Glompton

Hello, I like your avatar. How is your dog?

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
dont believe then its not chill they made me this avater that keeps driving back her I JUST WANT TO GO TO MEET SAICED.COM

ty bacalou!

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Hello and welcome to BYOB. I am sad you don't like us as much as GBS. Perhaps in time you will change your mind.

Much love.

----------------

Wertjoe

Byob exists because

bacalou

gbs = toothpick
fyad = vodka martini
byob = cocktail onion olive

Ace of Baes
GBS is the best forum i love to post there about hot dogs and video games with all my GBS buds.

----------------

Ace of Baes
BYOB: Hurr Durr, I liek 2 play with crayon and draw picture, weed 420 chill lol!!!!
GBS: Actually, while McDonalds has a less than optimal breakfast selection, there Egg MacMuffin is 100% real egg, which makes it one of the best fast food breakfasts out there.

----------------

El Spider

is that a creepy colon alt i spy

----------------

ron color

7777777 posted:

BYOB: Hurr Durr, I liek 2 play with crayon and draw picture, weed 420 chill lol!!!!
GBS: Actually, while McDonalds has a less than optimal breakfast selection, there Egg MacMuffin is 100% real egg, which makes it one of the best fast food breakfasts out there.

lol

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Guru Yaekob posted:

smdh

DemonToadGoat

7777777 posted:

3D Megadoodoo

Guru Yaekob posted:

Why do IPAs exist if good beer exists?
Why does bacon exist if good food exists?
Why do short people exist?

These are all good questions.

3D Megadoodoo

i never even know which forum or even which thread i'm posting in. one time i accidentally posted something i meant for byob in fyad and no-one noticed

Kuromyneko

Kuro neko

GBS is like a mainstream newspaper like the Times in the UK and YBOB feels more like an adult comic to me like maybe The viz or the beano. Sorry US people who have no idea what I'm talking about :).

3D Megadoodoo

the viz is literal poo poo tho :(

3D Megadoodoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

the viz is literal poo poo tho :(

yeah yeah i know i know drunken bakers but still

Kuromyneko

Kuro neko

poo poo in a dumb way, probably not safe for work or school:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Kuromyneko posted:

poo poo in a dumb way, probably not safe for work or school:

BYOB 8.2: I'm fartin' like funckin' thunder

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
they have suffered terminal irony poisoning and need to be culled

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

byob is the furry freak brothers

3D Megadoodoo

Bo-Pepper posted:

You forgot fabulous

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

he has a cross growing out of he head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

that page makes me want to do dope it cures the cross growing out of your head and gets you out of the military and turns you into a cool chill hippy dude

• Locked thread