Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Great cast and first episode, and looks like they've got some excellent comps and guest judges lined up this season.
But I hope someone reminds Dr. NASA that in ST:TOS episode Space Seed, superior intellect did not lead Khan Noonien Singh to victory.

AlliedBiscuit posted:

So I found the preview of the first episode, Twitch made it hard to find. Skip to 20 minutes in.

The whole feature is pretty good..

GaussianCopula posted:

The definition of a nerd on this show is "sci-fi/fantasy (aka middle ages)/comic enthusiast + either STEM job or something gaming related (video or table top)". It's also important that you are totally into bright colors, have a personality disorder of any kind and can tell us how the other kids bullied you because of your nerdism. It's also necessary that you accept to actor's that played "nerds" in four movies to be the symbols nerdism and that "nerdism" or "nerdom" actually are well defined things.

You seem to have forgotten the lesson from one of those "nerds" in the original movie. Around 4:20 in this clip. :420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_4G449s1SQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Does anyone have any favorites yet?
No but based on what we've seen so far the show really should be called Queen of the Nerds because it seems likely a woman will win again.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Moby was a dick. And I say this as a fan of his music. He questioned whether Ori had actually read some Shakespearan play in Klngon. Yet in The Undiscovered Country is the famous line,

Chancellor Gorkon posted:

You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon.
Further (as far as I'm aware), prune juice is a Worf thing, not a Klingon beverage as can be seen when Dax sarcastically tells him, "for a Klingon who was raised by Humans, wears a Starfleet uniform, and drinks prune juice, you're pretty attached to 'tradition'."

KilGrey posted:

Colby is my pony. I also like Jonathan though because he seems to be the only real strategic one. Colby, Jonathan and Caitlin need to form an alliance.

Jonathan manipulating the voting was masterful. So was Rachelle Lefevre's

"I volunteer as tribute!"

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 21, 2015

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So happy now that Trivia Boy is gone - his rapping last week was almost as bad as his attitude. And when he team was analysing and problem-solving at the crime scene he was pretty much useless.

Although his memory skill and concentration was impressive - he scrolled through the '100 top horror movies' list so fast.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 1, 2015

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The Secret 6 was a construct for 4 women to pick off the men, ensuring that once again the winner would be Queen Of The Nerds. (The loser goes home immediately).
So far it's working out really well for them - 5 guys are gone and only 2 remain; only 1 of the 4 women's alliance members has been lost.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Beating Colby would be the proudest moment of my life. And I've had kids and gotten married and stuff!"
That was a great line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
One of my favourite aspects of this season is how Kaitlyn went from villainous edit at the beginning to sympathetic but still arrogant 3rd place finisher.

• Locked thread