Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just think the art in the NES version is more charming.

yeah. if you can only play the gba remake its not terrible or anything but it loses a ton of the charm of the original. someone post that one comparison screenshot that shows the remake with random floating platforms at the beginning of the stage

medibot posted:

play kirby every day. play every kirby, every day. other actions are meaingless compared to option of playing kirby

agree

Bongo Bill posted:

There's no such thing as a bad Kirby game, but if there were, it would be Squeak Squad.

counterpoint: squeak squad has ghost kirby, who should return with an expanded moveset in future games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
squeak squad has that loving cool level where you dive thru the wreckage of the halberd at the bottom of the ocean which makes the entire game own, imo

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

i miss seeing this avatar around the forums but I never took notice of who it actually belonged to.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ghost Kirby is the ultimate version of kill enemy take power.

It's a shame it's so bad. It's so cool.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

SarutosZero posted:

kirby im authorizing you to copy powers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

i miss seeing this avatar around the forums but I never took notice of who it actually belonged to.

Sad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

squeak squad has that loving cool level where you dive thru the wreckage of the halberd at the bottom of the ocean which makes the entire game own, imo

Whoa. Do they have this poo poo on wii u vc?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mabels big day posted:

Whoa. Do they have this poo poo on wii u vc?

nope, it's a ds game and the only ds game they have on wii u vc is brain age and i don't even think you can buy it it was a giveaway in some countries or something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

nope, it's a ds game and the only ds game they have on wii u vc is brain age and i don't even think you can buy it it was a giveaway in some countries or something

oh yeah i forgot they did that and then never did it in america... that was weird

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

I need to rewatch Right Back At Ya, good stuff.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Right back at ya had hosed up time slots so I could only watch it when home sick from school.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did metaknight speak with a spanish accent? In the latin dub he spoke like a spaniard for no reason.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think so yeah

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I love kirby but my memories of it are horribly marred

When I was 18 and I first got to college, I hit it off with a cute japanese exchange student a little older than me at a party. I was horribly inexperienced with dating and girls in general at the time; we went out to dinner, then I took her back to my dorm. Instead of me making a move, we played Kirby's Adventure for an hour or so. Then she left.

I did end up hooking up with her a semester later, but I will never be able to play Kirby's Adventure without cringing again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Not a Children posted:

When I was 18 and I first got to college, I hit it off with a cute japanese exchange student a little older than me at a party. I was horribly inexperienced with dating and girls in general at the time; we went out to dinner, then I took her back to my dorm. Instead of me making a move, we played Kirby's Adventure for an hour or so. Then she left.

I did end up hooking up with her a semester later, but I will never be able to play Kirby's Adventure without cringing again

rofl

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

playing kirby's adventure for an hour sounds like a good time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not a Children posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Sounds p. awesome to me.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
girl while playing kirby: "I sure would like to be doing a different kind of sucking"

not a children: "?????????????????"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me, without missing a beat: What is that, a box of dildos lol?

Everyone went insane.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Felt a titty while Burnout 3 was paused.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

very nice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*Yellowcard playing in the bg* So like, do you like games.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Not a Children posted:

lmfao

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Im glad this is a place where people can share their gaming experience highs and lows equally

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DANIEL STERN(in voiceover) posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Not a Children posted:

An hour well spent

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Did metaknight speak with a spanish accent? In the latin dub he spoke like a spaniard for no reason.
In Japan, all knights come from Spain, because Don Quixote.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SarutosZero posted:

Im glad this is a place where people can share their gaming experience highs and lows equally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

LOL.

My first girlfriend and I bonded over Super R-Type and Mario Party.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

sharrrk posted:

someone post that one comparison screenshot that shows the remake with random floating platforms at the beginning of the stage

no one else did this so i will now that i've found them again

these two screenshots sum up nightmare in dreamland perfectly, i think. it's technically competent but it doesn't really understand what made the original so good

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Im getting my first 3ds in a couple weeks, i am loving hype to finally play some triple deluxe

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
That makes it seem like they automated the level conversion and then didn't bother checking to see if they hosed up on anything.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

:fap:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

holy crap! :eyepop:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the best Kirby enemy is the one that is my avatar
kirby's wet dream land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU