Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

USMC503 posted:

My cousin learned Mandarin Chinese there so one can learn something useful there.

How to touch girls awkwardly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Pandasmores posted:

They teach Tagalog and Spanish there? I thought it was just languages pertinent to whatever mission is being done, like Cyrillic, Arabic, and some commie languages.

Yes, contrary to the other post up there, they definitely teach those, especially to boots, or at least in 2010-11 they certainly did. if you get there and already know a language, they put you into another. i was there as a native russian speaker, there were two others (all of us NCO lat movers), we got pashto and dari. three of our friends, also NCO lat movers, coincidentally all infantry, got russian.
btw, cyrillic's not a language, it's a script most closely associated with the russian alphabet, hth

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Analogical posted:

They teach the majors like Mandarin, Korean, Arabic+dialects, Farsi, Russian and Spanish there primarily to first termers.
For those of you that haven't been there in a while, I graduated in September and this is presently accurate. Also Pashto. Dari got shut down last year. The place definitely lives up to the name "Desperate Love Institute" - among other exciting events, by the time my class ended I was the last one that wasn't married.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
DLI discussion can go back to the sperg thread.

BACK TO THE SEX

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

safetyStanddown posted:

Yes, contrary to the other post up there, they definitely teach those, especially to boots, or at least in 2010-11 they certainly did. if you get there and already know a language, they put you into another. i was there as a native russian speaker, there were two others (all of us NCO lat movers), we got pashto and dari. three of our friends, also NCO lat movers, coincidentally all infantry, got russian.
btw, cyrillic's not a language, it's a script most closely associated with the russian alphabet, hth

why dont you go hang a rug on your wall about it?

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
me irl

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i love the russian marine cosplayer so much

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
looks like chowhall food at the very least

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I still don't get why he has a Washington state flag hung up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
he has jaundice look how yellow his face is

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i love the russian marine cosplayer so much

that dude is more american than most americans

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

the dude is the russian equivalent of someone who covers all walls with anime posters and wallscrolls

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Mike-o posted:

George Washington, first Preside-iting king of United States Of America, so big they make flag just of him face, I love US of A very much.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the dude is the russian equivalent of someone who covers all walls with anime posters and wallscrolls

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Mike-o posted:

He lives in Moscow, and Muscovites in general are pretty smug about how big of a deal their city is wrt rest of the nation.
Prob thinks Washington state and Washington DC are the same (or confuses one for the other), and also that DC to USA is same as Moscow to Russia.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I pretend Hideo Kojima is this guy because it's the only way I can explain Metal Gear Solid

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

I pretend Hideo Kojima is this guy because it's the only way I can explain Metal Gear Solid

Those kind of dudes do exist IRL. A friend of mine worked as a translator for a large Japanese company in Tokyo as a technical editor, translating Japanese engineer's notes and manuals in to English, French, Italian and Korean. He said that they're all Japanese airsofters are OBSESSED with America, they have flags, GI Joes and model cars, planes and tanks everywhere and the occasional American issue of Playboy/Penthouse, which are technically illegal over there because they can show pubes and vulva. It's like they're the average American 13 year old

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So turns out of my fellow boots got raped by a boot doctor and is now getting separated for being depressed and suicidal.
That's kinda like getting layed?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Those kind of dudes do exist IRL. A friend of mine worked as a translator for a large Japanese company in Tokyo as a technical editor, translating Japanese engineer's notes and manuals in to English, French, Italian and Korean. He said that they're all Japanese airsofters are OBSESSED with America, they have flags, GI Joes and model cars, planes and tanks everywhere and the occasional American issue of Playboy/Penthouse, which are technically illegal over there because they can show pubes and vulva. It's like they're the average American 13 year old

reverse anime nerds

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mike-o posted:

reverse anime nerds

instead of secretly wanting to gently caress children they secretly want to be fat and shoot people

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

So turns out of my fellow boots got raped by a boot doctor and is now getting separated for being depressed and suicidal.
That's kinda like getting layed?

goddamn every time i see you post and realize you recently enlisted i kinda chuckle to myself a lil bit. werent you a armored car guy for a while?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

goddamn every time i see you post and realize you recently enlisted i kinda chuckle to myself a lil bit. werent you a armored car guy for a while?

Yup. Needed to find a safer job (with health insurance) after working on a one man atm servicing armored truck route. The better I did at my job the worse areas they sent me in to work. Because of crazy BAH I'm making more than I was working 60 hour weeks and getting clearances and baby's first IT education.
The reserves rock.

Except for the rape part. That sucks.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

he has jaundice look how yellow his face is

probably instagram filter

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Zeris posted:

probably instagram filter

#nofilter

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

LingcodKilla posted:

Yup. Needed to find a safer job (with health insurance) after working on a one man atm servicing armored truck route. The better I did at my job the worse areas they sent me in to work. Because of crazy BAH I'm making more than I was working 60 hour weeks and getting clearances and baby's first IT education.
The reserves rock.

My dad did that for Diebold and uhhh.. NCR for a long time. He liked the driving around, but did get tired of the areas getting sketchier and someone trying to rob a coworker. 4/10 would not follow in footsteps

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

The reserves rock.

What the gently caress, a 1-man ATM route? That's goddamned stupid, how did their insurance company not throw a FIT? We had routes that required three people and occasionally a chase car. Not ATMs, but drat.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I serviced ATMs when I was in high school. I'd basically drive around in my car with about $20-50 thousand in a canvas bag and refill four ATMs the bank had. The closest I came to being robbed was in a Wal-Mart, when some sketchy dude was eyeballing me, but a family friend who was a cop just happened to be there at the same time and stood there with me while I was doing my job and scared the guy off.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

We have a badass itt.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Master Bateman posted:

We have a badass itt.

feels good to be recognized :c00lbert:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Master Bateman posted:

We have a badass itt.

We had a guy that got jumped when he was passing through a small outer lobby at a bank. Some guy bumped into him and sprayed him with pepper spray. Our dude still had his sunglasses on which blocked the worst of it, and he proceeded to beat the would-be robber's face until he just collapsed and was held at gunpoint until the cops arrived. That was pretty cool. All I ever had to deal with was about 8 people a day saying "Oh you can just put that in my car hurrrrrrrrr."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

We had a guy that got jumped when he was passing through a small outer lobby at a bank. Some guy bumped into him and sprayed him with pepper spray. Our dude still had his sunglasses on which blocked the worst of it, and he proceeded to beat the would-be robber's face until he just collapsed and was held at gunpoint until the cops arrived. That was pretty cool. All I ever had to deal with was about 8 people a day saying "Oh you can just put that in my car hurrrrrrrrr."

I survived my armored truck being totaled by a run away vehicle.
Sprained a ton of stuff.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Good to know your armored truck got totaled by a regular ol car.

The planning phase has begun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cole posted:

Good to know your armored truck got totaled by a regular ol car.

Out of control ram 2500 jumping an turn off going 70mph down hill hauling a cement pump. The driver survived multiple broken limbs and face through glass.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LingcodKilla posted:

Out of control ram 2500 jumping an turn off going 70mph down hill hauling a cement pump. The driver survived multiple broken limbs and face through glass.

oh i was picturing like a honda civic or something

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cole posted:

I've contact the Tampa Bay PD on your behalf.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

beanieson posted:

I've contact the Tampa Bay PD on your behalf.

I don't live their anymore!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cole posted:

I don't live :their: anymore!

Pm me youre knew address

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
There was this guy I used to work with, poo poo hot, command golden child. Made Chief in 6 years. Anyway he went to Great Lakes to be an RDC for his first shore duty. Got caught loving a recruit. Busted from Chief Select to E-5 and got processed out of the Navy. Also his wife divorced him and got custody of his kids.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Never mind....

Flikken fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm picturing the beginning of Heat

• Locked thread