Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

"I wish for a book that is written in English and understandable to the average man to appear before me now, in a space unoccupied by anything beyond the normal atmosphere, that contains, in detail, the plans for and the principles behind an inherently safe, efficient, and affordable nuclear fusion reactor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tambaloneus posted:

I wish to have an IQ above 100 please.

Sup rain man

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kajeesus posted:

okay but oil companies still exist

they decide breaking your kneecaps and taking your loved ones hostage is safer than buying you out

no working model ever sees the light of day

I'd argue that'd be an unfortunate and rather unlikely consequence of my gross mishandling of the results of a successful wish, not really the wish itself backfiring catastrophically and me getting owned as an ironic consequence of the manner by which the wish is fulfilled. I mean I could also just immediately get hit by a car, causing an accident that incinerates me and the book instantly, but you know what? Life happens and count no man happy until he's dead.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

See, if not irony this is the kind of immediate spite/wording loophole I was looking for

Nice

LGD fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 22, 2015

• Locked thread