Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I stand in solidarity with Zach Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fire Everyone but John Cena, then hire some new blood to make Cena look strong

Let's go 100% Vince.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009
I'd argue against those campaigning to fire R-Truth. He's got sime name value as a jobber, and his in-ring career is probably about over--he'd make a great manager in retirement.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just FYI Grozz Nuy I am a huge Trevor Lee mark and love the guy

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

ILuvUCharlotte posted:

Here's my take on Main Event for Week 1 January 2015. Held again at the TD Garden arena in Boston, before 19,028 people.

- First dark match features two new faces paired with familiar ones – Titus O’Neil and Sylvestor Lefort, late of NXT, tagging together as “Team Fly”, versus Adam Rose and CJ Parker (also of NXT). Titus was trash talking through the match and Parker restrained himself from lashing out, looks like they’re building up face cred or something. Anyway, Lefort pins Parker with his feet on the ropes. The new announce table of Joey Styles on play-by-play and the color team of Renee Young and Booker T brought things up a bit. D+

- Second dark match has Christian getting the 3 on John Morrison with the Killswitch (guess JoMo was still in town and willing to job for pay). Playing to the crowd got them some reaction but there wasn’t much heat. C+

- - - - -

- Our first segment of Main Event sees WWE Commissioner Kurt Angle cutting a promo about how under his stewardship, the WWE will change for the better. He sold the poo poo out of it and the KURT chants were nearly as epic as Bryan’s YES chants, he was that good. Even if he’s clearly not the in-ring performer he once was, his promos remain dynamite. A*.

- Another video of Ric Flair, talking the same game about exceptionalism and destiny. “Sticks” Balor is shown wailing on the kit with quick cuts of the guy hitting some pretty wicked moves spliced in for good measure. The audience still isn’t quite sure what to make of it. C+

- Usos go over Curtis Axel and Fandango for the tag titles. Jey hit Axel with an Alley-Us, making it the Uso’s first successful defense of the championship this year. Jimmy botched a spot or two, he seemed off his game. And I can’t remember if they’ve tagged before but Axel and Fandango just seem to click in a really great way. Looks like we’ve got ourselves a new midcard heel team! C+

- Booker T and Renee Young take a few minutes to recap RAW’s confrontation between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose and announce that they’ll be going one-on-one on Smackdown this Thursday! Booker T was his usual shucky-ducky self, but Renee was really caught off guard by his improvising and blurted out “DEAN IS MY BOYFRIEND” before covering her mouth in shock. Booker recovered quickly but man, way to go Renee. And way to go Dean! C+

- Paul Heyman and his new stooge Kevin Owens come out. Paul says he’s heard a lot of grumbling backstage about his new client so he’s extending an invitation for anyone in the back to come out and face him like a man.B-

- R-Truth obliges the request! In a short bout, Kevin Owens makes mincemeat of Truth and picks up the win with a big pumphandle neckbreaker. Owens and Truth seemed to have a pretty good feel for one another’s psychology and it lifted the match. D+

- Nikki Bella pins Eva Marie with the X-Factor, making that defense #1 of her Diva’s Title this year. Wait, why are AJ and Paige in a hot angle when neither holds the title? Kurt must’ve been asleep at the switch on that one. Anyway you could tell they were trying to keep the match open to hide in-ring ability weaknesses, but problem was neither Eva Marie nor Nikki had the grasp of psychology to actually make that work. This one soured the crowd. E+

- Sheamus vs. Miz looks to be our main event for the evening, and though the crowd wasn’t generating much noise, the workers did a capable job. Sheamus picks up the win with his Irish Emerald Fusion. Thank God not everything is topsy turvy in the land of managers – Damien Mizdow did good work at ringside and he and the Miz are exceptionally well-paired as manager/client, even if they’re not lighting the world on fire as a tag team. B

- - - - -

- Another new face in the dark main, this one seeing Big E and Kofi against Mark Henry and some masked dude named “Locke”, dressed in black tights with angular white patterns. Dude was super cut for a small dude and worked a lucha-influenced style. Anyway, Henry ended up putting down Kofi for the 3. You know what? Mark Henry can’t sell very well. I guess that’s what happens when you’re a human tree trunk. D+

No main eventers on this show, I give it a C+. On-par for a C-show I guess.

The advantage of leaving out a main event-level match was that it allowed us to run 3 undercard matches plus the upper-mid Sheamus bout in 65 minutes. Might as well stick to this as we've got so much undercard in need of work

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just FYI Grozz Nuy I am a huge Trevor Lee mark and love the guy

I know, I was talking about BC's completely uncalled for smack talk about his face. Trevor Lee is a beautiful snowflake with a fantastic moonsault and I will not stand for him being disrespected.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know, I was talking about BC's completely uncalled for smack talk about his face. Trevor Lee is a beautiful snowflake with a fantastic moonsault and I will not stand for him being disrespected.

His moonsault is good, but that crossbody is the best

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

ILuvUCharlotte posted:

After Main Event tapes, it's Smackdown time! Same arena as before, same attendance.

- DARK Kevin Owens pins Xavier Woods with the pop-up powerbomb. D+

- DARK Rusev humbles newcomer Brian Cage with the Accolade. GREAT chemistry between these two. D+

- DARK Kofi Kingston pins Justin Gabriel. C-

- - - -

- Smackdown opens with Dolph Ziggler in the ring cutting promo about how it doesn't matter what any Duck Dynasty clown yaps on about, he speaks straight and he's going to bring the Intercontinental Championship back into the place of prestige it belongs in. Abruptly, the lights go out and Wyatt appears at the foot of the ramp in his rocking chair, smiling at Ziggler. The champ charges out and they brawl for a few seconds before refs and road agents break them up. B+

- - - -

- While the two combatants are being held apart, Kurt Angle comes out to the stage with a mic. He says that if the two are so keen on throwing down, they can do so officially. Ziggler / Wyatt is on tonight, with the IC title on the line! B-

- - - -

- Renee Young interviews AJ Lee about how Paige is completely out of line and needs to step off. AJ Lee did very well in this segment. C

- - - -

- Up next is a three-way tag bout featuring Fandango / Axel vs. The Masters of Wrestling vs. The Party Conservation Society (as Adam Rose and CJ Parker now refer to themselves). Kidd obliterates Rose with a blockbuster to end the match. C

- - - -

- Seth Rollins is shown in the back and he cuts a promo. "On Monday night, I proved that I am by rights the #1 contender to the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Come the Royal Rumble, nothing is gonna stop me from taking that belt and carrying it all the way to Wrestlemania. Tonight I settle unfinished business with Dean Ambrose and get that thorn out of my side for good. Then, I'm coming for that title. And you know what the best part is? I've still got this" he holds up his Money in the Bank briefcase. "So even if somebody cheats me out of my shot, I'm right back in it. Hell, I might have to cash this bad boy in on myself. I'd hate for it to go to waste." B+

- - - -

- Ric Flair comes out and to the ring, WOOing to the delight of the crowd. He is in high spirits today. "Ladies and gentlemen! Wrestling fans... You know me, you know that when it comes to talent, Ric Flair has got a sharper eye than any man on the planet." The crowd yells its approval. "I been all around the world, putting em down with the figure four, living it up with them in the Four Horsemen... A lot has changed, friends. A lot has changed since those days. But my eyes, and my guts, they're still strong and they don't do me wrong, and when I come across a world-class talent, well... What kind of man is the Nature Boy when he's not bringing out the best in wrestling, in and out of the ring??"

"Now let me tell you, I was out in Ireland just the other night. Hottest nightclub in Belfast. I got that fine leg of lamb on my plate, I got that one-pot water of life in my glass. I'm living life, friends, like only Ric Flair can. And then I see him cross the stage, poised like an animal ready to strike! And when he gets to playin, mmm" Ric Flair dances a little jig. "I knew it right then. I put away that glass just as fast as I could and signed the man, right then and there. He is my newest protege, the man who will be the Man, come hell or high water. Ladies and gentleman, GET ON YOUR FEET AND GET DOWN FOR THE GREATEST LIVING JAZZ DRUMMER IN IRELAND... "STICKS" BALOR!!". A song begins to play as Finn "Sticks" Balor (better known to the smarks as Prince Devitt) comes out onstage! He wears a long-sleeved, skintight shirt and black pants with a black belt, topped off with a beret and shades. He points to Ric, who points back, and runs straight down to the ring, shaking his mentor's hand. C

- - - -

- Jamie Noble comes down and a match starts! “Sticks” Balor deftly evades the New Stooge's offense, kicks him into the corner, and hits a fast series of rhythmic knife edge chops to the chest with both hands, culminating in a slap to the face that sends Noble falling (Booker T calls it the "snare roll" offhand). Then Balor climbs the turnbuckle and performs a brutal diving double-foot stomp and gets the pin. Booker puts it over as "The Cymbal Crash". D-

- - - -

- Ric Flair is ecstatic and he rushes the ring to put his arm around his new client, pointing to the sky and WOOing. Balor air drums with a look of intensity on his face. B+

- - - -

- Dean Ambrose is in the boiler rim, dimly lit by a red light. He chuckles to himself. "Seth Rollins... Seth Rollins calls me "a thorn in his side". Well Seth... You want to talk Corinthians at me? I'm talking the Gospel. See from here on out I'm not just gonna be a thorn in your side... I'm gonna be a log in your eye, a spear in your belly, and when all is said and done I'm gonna have your head on a plate, Seth Rollins. I'm talking Revelations here, Seth. I'm gonna ride in on my white horse and you and all your ill-gotten gains are gonna end up at the bottom of a lake of fire." B+

- - - -

- Dolph Ziggler and Bray Wyatt go at each other for 19 brutal minutes and end up outside. Wyatt whips Ziggler into the stairs but when he pulls Ziggler up, Ziggler pops up, getting good air, and brings Wyatt's head down with a jumping DDT to the floor. Ziggler wins by countout as he manages to get back into the ring just before the count, with Wyatt close behind. Ziggler's defense #1 of IC title is a success. Wyatt glares at Ziggler from outside the ring as the champ raises his belt and then stumbles up the ramp, his eyes on the challenger the whole way. B-

- - - -

- Paul Heyman is shown, flanked by Brock Lesnar and Kevin Owens. He cuts a promo, mentioning that he hears Randy Orton is now gunning to get a shot at Brock at the Rumble. He cackles at the notion of Seth Rollins or Randy Orton or anyone else even thinking they can get within a mile of the WWE Championship when it's around the waist of the Conqueror. Lesnar looked like a beast, Owens was underwhelming in comparison. B

- - - -

- Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins in our main event for the evening. They throw everything they have at each other and the chemistry is absolutely electric. Rollins cheap shots Ambrose then hits a big springboard splash to stun him, before rolling out of the ring to grab a chair from under it - he doesn't care about winning, this is about keeping Ambrose down. But before he can lay into Ambrose, John Cena runs down to make the save! Rollins wins by DQ as John Cena starts laying in punches. B

Rollins turns the tables and begins to brutalize Cena with the chair instead, taking his focus off of Ambrose, who recovers and blindsides him with a forearm to the back of the head. Amrose and Rollins begin brawling and security rushes in to drag the two apart to end Smackdown. B+

- - - -

- DARK MAIN Cena vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins. Ambrose gets the better of Rollins with a Dirty Deeds. C+

Overall, a solid B show. That jazz guy was used too much.

Finn Balor turned face during his debut and pulled it off sans any sort of hitch.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 26, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That biblical Dean promo is aces, did you write that?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I did

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

thumbs up then, that just means we need to push dean harder so you write more

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Alternatively it means hire and push Sid so we can get those promos.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shima Honnou posted:

Alternatively it means hire and push Sid so we can get those promos.

But you know and I know that you are only half the man that I am! And I have half the overness that you do!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

quote:

Prograps Unlimited Pre-RAW report, Week 2 January 2015

A lot happened over the weekend, let's get down to brass tacks!
_______

- Smackdown Ratings: Smackdown drew a 5.48 rating on Syfy and lower numbers on other, less important channels.

- Big Daddy Cool Cannot Lose: A ferocious bidding war erupted over the weekend as both WWE and AJPW made plays to sign Kevin Nash, as he recently dropped hints that he was thinking of dabbling in color commentary. As of press time it's said that Nash has outbid AJPW, though no deal has been signed as yet. The number is said to be substantially greater than the salary of any other broadcaster in the WWE, including Jerry Lawler, making Nash the highest-paid color commentator in the industry if he accepts the offer. And that's not including perks. Can you imagine what it's like to be Kevin Nash?

- The Debilitating Back Injury Potential Is Limitless: WWE has also moved aggressively to fill out their developmental program, which is already quite robust, after sending William Regal on a scouting tour. Among those said to have accepted developmental contracts: Scottish phenomenon Noam Dar, indie veterans Chuck Taylor and Brian Cage, legacy wrestlers Marshall and Ross Von Erich, Gunnar Calloway, and David Finlay Jr., and seasoned women's indie wrestlers Mary Dobson, Mandy Leon, Athena, Ivelisse Velez, Mia Yim, and Serena Deeb.

- New Blood Rising: In addition to their glut of developmental signings, the WWE has moved to sign some high-profile talent to join their main roster: NJPW's Shinsuke Nakamura, indie kings AJ Styles and Ricochet, a returning Beth Phoenix, and Cheerleader Melissa. All except Ricochet (previously on a PPA deal as “Locke”) and Phoenix are expected to be available to perform by next week's RAW.

- Unintended Jobsequences: In addition to all of that, a number of well-known indie stars have signed short-term PPAs with no intended pushes, presumably in order to give established talent bodies to go over. My sources tell me that this has thrown the WWE’s hierarchy off balance to some degree. For the most part, the roster is stable, but in many cases low card workers have moved into the midcard relative to these new jobbers, and a few high midcard workers have moved up into more rarefied positions. The WWE board is said to have taken this as a net positive, as it will be easier to push their low-card talent.

- In With The New, Out With The Old: To offset their hiring spree, the WWE has reportedly canceled the contracts of Cameron, Rosa Mendes, Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, Hornswoggle, Tony Chimel, and Tom Phillips. The NXT locker room is reported to be tense as well, as Triple H is rumored to be gauging the potential of workers no longer benefiting from the developmental system and some cuts may be made.

Elsewhere in the wrestling world:

- NJPW held Wrestle Kingdom 10 before a sellout crowd of 38,560 at the Fukuoka Dome in Kyushu. In the night’s main event, Tanahashi and Nakamura defeated Goto and Shibata, while further down the card Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Kota Ibushi to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title and BULLET CLUB retained their IWGP Tag titles against BLOODY CHAOS. reDRagon retained the IWGP Junior Heavyweight titles against Mascara Dorada and Taichi, while AJ Styles defeated Matt Jackson in singles competition. This may be the last time Styles and Nakamura ever grace an NJPW PPV as they signed multi-year contracts with WWE over the weekend – they still have one more TV taping that they may or may not feature in. Overall the show was a resounding success, netting a B+ rating and drawing a 2.45 PPV buy rate.

- PBW Road To Ruin was held to a sellout crowd of 895 in the Grand Hall Palace Theatre in Scotland. Noam Dar beat El Ligero by count out in the main event and received a standing ovation from the crowd, as it was announced earlier in the night that Dar would be crossing the pond to join the WWE’s developmental program in the coming week.

- Family Wrestling Entertainment held their Back 2 Brooklyn event at the vaunted ECW arena to a sellout crowd of 2,300. John Hennigan defeated Christopher Daniels to retain the FEW Heavyweight title in the main event.

- NXT was taped last week before 1,690 fans. Carmella defeated Alexa Bliss, the Ascension went over the Realest Guys in the Room, and Adrian Neville defeated Scott Dawson in the main event.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 26, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Prograps Unlimited Bulletin Update posted:

- Who Even Does That?: WWE Brass is said to be annoyed after hours of spitballing potential WWE-owned aliases for AJ Styles, given his prominent tattoos. Word is that they're considering "pulling an MVP" with the incoming star and covering his ink in order to allow them leeway in name choice.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
You mean Wrestle Kingdom 9 right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

- Big Daddy Cool Cannot Lose: A ferocious bidding war erupted over the weekend as both WWE and AJPW made plays to sign Kevin Nash, as he recently dropped hints that he was thinking of dabbling in color commentary. As of press time it's said that Nash has outbid AJPW, though no deal has been signed as yet. The number is said to be substantially greater than the salary of any other broadcaster in the WWE, including Jerry Lawler, making Nash the highest-paid color commentator in the industry if he accepts the offer. And that's not including perks. Can you imagine what it's like to be Kevin Nash?

Must be awesome bidding to pay yourself :v:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He basically is at this point. I'm not convinced there really was an AJPW bid

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

You mean Wrestle Kingdom 9 right?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Brian Cage was already Kris Logan in FCW, please make that his name in NXT.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Guys!

Good news!

We literally cannot do worse than real life now! :D

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Is that a challenge

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is that a challenge

hell yes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is that a challenge

Hire:
Big Daddy Yum Yum, winner of the Royal Rumble

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
So glad we're having Bryan win the rumble in our sim WWE.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rehire Great Khali, Winner of the Royal Rumble

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Exact copy of the real Rumble, except Kane and Show easily eliminate Reigns and then go out together as dual winners, setting up a Kane/Show/Lesnar battle of the giants at Mania

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Exact copy of the real Rumble, except Kane and Show easily eliminate Reigns and then go out together as dual winners, setting up a Kane/Show/Lesnar battle of the giants at Mania

would this really be worse?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Displeased that I've already fired Alex Riley

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lesnar murdering Kane and Big Show would be better than Roman Reigns getting poo poo on as a face to end the show. It wouldn't get Rocky boo'd so bad you'd think he was still Maivia for one.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Displeased that I've already fired Alex Riley

I'm displeased that you fired Hornswaggle. Now that's someone who has Royal Rumble Winner written all over their face.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Sticks Balor is going to be a star. I am feeling JAZZ CLUB.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Board of Investors Conference Call, Monday Week 2, January 2015

Greetings, members of the Board. This morning we find ourselves again faced with several decisions regarding our talent roster.

Matters before the board:
1) NXT Callups and Releases
2) New Roster Debuts and Usage
3) Push Designations
4) Bill DeMott
5) WWE Network Title

- - - - -

Simply put, we need to either bring up NXT talent or cut them loose. The reasons are twofold - one, much of our roster (particularly those with indie experience) is reaching the point at which the marginal gains of developmental work begin to diminish. And two, we've signed a few new contracts and we don't want the new hires to get lost in a bloated developmental roster (NXT is considered a regional-level fed and its "ideal size" is about half of what our current roster amounts to with new hires added).

A substantial number of our workers are asking to be called up. Among those are: Konnor, Rich Brennan, Devin Taylor, Hideo Itami, Tye Dillinger, Danilo Anfibio, Byron Saxton, Drake Wuertz, Colin Cassady, Corey Graves, Sasha Banks, Viktor, Sin Cara, Adrian Neville, Eden Stiles, and Sami Zayn.

Everyone on that list, save for the following names put forth for cuts, have decent to good stats and could be slotted into the main roster's low card. They feel that they're no longer getting anything out of developmental but in many cases our trainers disagree to some degree (if we consistently used them on the main roster, they may make the gains they would have if kept in developmental).

So the question is this: Do we call up our workers from developmental? If so, do we cut our PPA indie jobbers and use the new NXT talent to put more senior workers over instead? And is there anyone that we should hold off on til the traditional post-Mania reveal, even if it makes them angry? For example, it may be worth waiting a month or two to see if Itami's English improves in NXT, or we may want to ensure he learns directly.

Here are the people we have reviewed for the possibility of cutting:

- Rich Brennan is a decent announcer but he wouldn't fit in amongst our already-stacked roster of announcers and color commentators, especially given that we already have several young workers in that role already, and his charisma is merely average.

- Devin Taylor is a personality who has reached the limit of her improvement and is average across the board.

- Tye Dillinger has become a good seller with good consistency, but all of his other skills are resoundingly average and he is 33, so they're not likely to get better through use.

- Danilo Anfibio is a referee who is just average at his job. We have many good referees, maybe too many, and this guy can make decent money on the indies.

- Drake Wuertz is a referee with average skills. However, he's only moonlighting as a referee and if we can renegotiate his deal to bring him into the ring, his skills (save for middling entertainment) can make him a capable hand in the low card. The WWE used to have room for shaggy dog guys like Drake, maybe it can again.

- Sasha Banks is listed as a below-average worker on balance, though her entertainment and performance (psychology, selling etc) are strong. She is requesting call-up but our trainers say that 4 of her skills can still be dramatically improved and 3 modestly improved. Of course with the Divas division and the WWE product in general, good ring capability may not be so important. But up against the SHIMMER talent we're bringing on, she may suffer.

- Eden Stiles, a personality with thoroughly average stats (aside from sex appeal) and pitiful star quality. All of her stats have reached their absolute peak. Note that firing her would considerably piss off Stardust.

- - - -

As you know, we have a number of high-profile wrestlers joining our roster, a few of whom (Beth Phoenix and Ricochet) are already ready to work, but all others are being given a week to get their affairs elsewhere in order before reporting. We need to decide when to debut them and how to use them.

AJ Styles (as Jackson Shaw)
Should be available next week on RAW, 2 weeks before the Rumble. He's currently set to debut as a "bitter legend" heel, with a chip on his shoulder over the fact that he's found glory everywhere but the WWE and yet the WWE glory is the only kind anyone respects. With his overness he'll have either an upper-midcard or main event level push.
- Should we debut him on TV or make him a surprise entrant in the Rumble?
- Should he be in a program, or built to a program? If so, what? Ex. Inserted into GM angle as Authority-aligned heel vs. Angle-aligned Cena, or put in a heel tag team w/ Ricochet and put up against an impromptu high-card face team.

Ricochet (as Locke)
Currently available (was on PPA contract) but has only fought in a dark match. Working as a lucha heel character, complete with WWE-owned mask (not necessarily permanent - mask vs. hair match at some point?). Low midcarder.
- Should he be singles-focused or tag-focused? Ex. Sin Cara is currently a heel and they could form a lucha heel team.
- Should he be in a program, or built to a program? If so, what? We may need to build him up first.

Beth Phoenix
Currently available. Set to debut as a heel (the Women's Division is seriously lopsided in this regard - the face / heel divide among written contract Divas is 9 / 3).
- Should we debut her on TV or make her a surprise entrant in the Rumble? (if such a thing is even possible)
- Should she be in a program? We can set her against the current Divas champ (which would require a face debut) or add both her and Nikki Bella to the existing Paige/AJ feud.

Shinsuke Nakamura (as Nakamori Ihara)
Should be available by next week's RAW. Set to debut as a face, with a gimmick contingent on the board's push decision. Given his overness we can likely expect a push as an opener or possibly a low midcarder.
- Should we debut him on TV or as a surprise entrant in the Rumble?
- Should he be singles-focused or tag-focused? Ex. He could join Finn Balor under Ric Flair's management as one half of the team JAZZ CLUB, as previously suggested by a board member.
- Should he be in a program, or built to a program? If so, what? We may need to build him up first.

The remaining Divas hires will be added to the television roster ASAP to shore up its dismal headcount.

- - - - -

3) Push Designations
Quick matter before we move on - Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury are on non-wrestling contracts but are being used as occasional wrestlers as a tag team (primarily backing up Seth Rollins). This has caused some morale issues as they would prefer not to wrestle. Should we send them back to being road agents, keep them as a tag team and bribe them into complacency, or fire them because we have too many highly skilled road agents already?

- - - - -

4) Bill Demott
Mr. Demott has long been our NXT head trainer (though our reports indicate that such a designation is rather informal), and it seems as if he's been employed as such primarily due to his intimidation factor and the "elite bootcamp" mystique his gruff air brings to the performance center. In terms of stats, there are far better trainers out there. Plus, he may or may not be responsible for several career-ending back injuries resulting from his training regimens. We can keep him on, we can search the market for highly skilled veterans to replace him, or we can replace him with the fantastically talented Booker T once Kevin Nash shows up to replace him on TV commentary. From there we can bring Demott to the main roster to serve as a road agent or simply fire his stocky rear end.

- - - -

5) WWE Network Title
With the board's apparent intent to revitalize the WWE's focus on lower card talent, it may serve us to change our championship structure to better serve the diversity of our roster. Some have suggested that, given the hours of television we have to fill, we can (A) create a low-level TV Title / Network title to be fought over and traded exclusively on C-shows.. Alternatively, we could (B) create a low-level Network title for C-shows, change the US Title to a TV title to be fought over on A and B shows / PPVs, and elevate the Intercontinental Title to the rough equivalent of what the World Heavyweight Championship was until it was retired - an upper-midcard belt fought over on PPVs. Alternatively we could (C) leave things as they are.

Voting will last until 5 PM EST tomorrow.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 26, 2015

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Save Zayn and Neville until post-Mania, let Itami learn English in NXT, cut Brennan, Taylor, Dillinger, and Anfibio

- Should he be in a program, or built to a program? If so, what? Ex. Inserted into GM angle as Authority-aligned heel vs. Angle-aligned Cena, or put in a heel tag team w/ Ricochet and put up against an impromptu high-card face team.

Ricochet (as Locke)
-Should he be singles-focused or tag-focused? Ex. Sin Cara is currently a heel and they could form a lucha heel team.
-Build him up before putting him in a program

Beth Phoenix
- Should we debut her on TV or make her a surprise entrant in the Rumble? (if such a thing is even possible)
- Should she be in a program? We can set her against the current Divas champ (which would require a face debut) or add both her and Nikki Bella to the existing Paige/AJ feud.

Should be available by next week's RAW. Set to debut as a face, with a gimmick contingent on the board's push decision. Given his overall overness we can likely expect a push as an opener.
- Should we debut him on TV or as a surprise entrant in the Rumble?
- Should he be singles-focused or tag-focused? Ex. He could join Finn Balor under Ric Flair's management as one half of the team JAZZ CLUB, as previously suggested by a board member.[/b]

3) Push Designations

Keep them as road agents

4) Bill DeMott

Replace him with Booker, fire his poo poo rear end

5) WWE Network Title

create a low-level Network title for C-shows, change the US Title to a TV title to be fought over on A and B shows / PPVs, and elevate the Intercontinental Title to the rough equivalent of what the World Heavyweight Championship was until it was retired - an upper-midcard belt fought over on PPVs.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Oh one thing I forgot to check, DeMott has a mentor relationship with 7 workers on the main roster (though none are currently being pushed) and they would all be made unhappy by his firing. Also it would cost us $150k to buy him out.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okay make him a road agent then

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who are the 7? Anyone we want to push in the near future?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Swagger, Miz, Ryback, Konnor, Fandango, Ivelisse or whatever that woman's name is, and John Morrison (still on PPA)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Over a hearty catered lunch of bourbon and steak wraps...

My general philosophy with NXT is going to be "Trust nobody over 30" and "Not here to fill a spot, here to take a spot". Anyone over 30 shouldn't need to be in NXT for more than a few months, and I'm not really interested in anyone whose ceiling is in the lower midcard. We can go out and get jobbers for cheap on PPA whenever we want; NXT is for developing stars, dammit.

1. NXT Callups and Releases: Call up Konnor and Viktor as The Ascension, Tye Dillinger, Sin Cara, Adrian Neville, and Sami Zayn immediately. Sink or swim time, and release a few of the shittier PPA jobbers and give our guys a chance to show their stuff while being pinned clean by Jack Swagger. Plan to call Itami up after Wrestlemania. Hope he doesn't suck. Sasha Banks, Eden Stiles, Drake Wuertz, and Corey Graves stay in NXT. They'll learn. Fire Rich Brenna, Devin Taylor, Danilo Anfibio, and Eden Stiles. gently caress Stardust anyway.

2. New roster debuts: Well, I'd like to send most of these people to NXT first, but that's not an option :v: so, AJ Styles as the only surprise Rumble entrant debut and build him to a program after the Rumble, because let's not go too overboard here and split the HOLY poo poo pop among multiple people. Focus on AJ and try to build him into a main event heel sooner rather than later. Locke to debut on TV, no planned program yet. Debut Beth on TV and put her into a program with someone just outside the title feud.. Debut Nakamori as part of JAZZ CLUB.

3. Push designations: Strip Rollins of his security blanket and send them back to being road agents. Rollins is going to be our big heel for the next year at least, and probably our #1 heel post-Lesnar, but you just know the eventual face turn is going to set fire to whatever area it happens in and I'd start shifting him subtly from chickenshit heel to badass heel over the next few months to let that come without too much whiplash. I have no idea of any of this is a Thing in any way in TEW, by the way, I'm just bullshitting. :v:

4. Bill Demott: Replace him with Booker T. He's not here to fill a spot.

5. WWE Network Title: Holy poo poo, yes. Option B.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Bring up Konnor and Viktor immediately to shore up the tag division. Bring up Zayn and Neville post WM. Keep Itani down until he can speak English fluently. Axe all the dead weight.

- Make him a surprise entrant in the Rumble.
- Feed Cena to him. I will leave the specifics to the discretion of others.

Ricochet (as Locke)
- Debut him on TV
- Test his chemistry with Sin Cara on a dark match. If they have good or neutral chemistry, put them in a tag team. Face/Heel alignment should be determined by whichever one they're better at.

Beth Phoenix
- Surprise Rumble entrant if possible.
- Debut her as a heel, have her mangle a couple of spare faces until the belt is on a face.

- Debut him on TV.
- Start him in singles matches. Test his compatibility with potential partners in dark matches/house shows. If it's shown that he has good-excellent chemistry with any partner, do that. Otherwise keep him as a singles performer.

3) The Fate of J&J

- If they don't have any relevant relationships, fire them. Otherwise send them back to being road agents. Goons aren't that hard to come by, no sense in pissing away money placating these two.

4) Bill DeMott

- fire him and feed anybody who doesn't like it to Ryback.
- and replace him with Booker T

5) New Belt?

- Option B works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

By the by, when/how much planning are we going to do for the Rumble? :getin:

• Locked thread