Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi Rarity. I like what you've done here but I think there's room for improvement. I've messaged Ettin asking to change the title of this thread to Everyone is Namor Mafia. Please prepare accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

Hello. I am confirming that I will do everything in my power to revive my dear friend Eight Dollars, someone I greatly want to return to playing games.

How are all of you?

##vote True and Real That's how I'm doing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Minus seven, come on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Can you yell or something True? This is making me feel weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

THIS IS SCUMMY

THIS IS OVERLY AGGRESSIVE

##vote CCKeane

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I will aspire to live to your opinion of me. ##vote Epsilon Plus

why do you have to do this >:l

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Because we're in a loveless marriage and this is the only way I know to communicate with you

Why is it that when you were scum I just absolutely could not get you lynched despite trying, in some cases, from day one to end game, yet you've flipped day one as town the last eight thousand games?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also I'm not gonna lie that was pretty funny in Console Wars

I went back and looked and from my first post it was eight days of trying to lynch you before I died.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

C-C-Can it be?

also four pages of votes for no reason wtf

strikes me as awkward ##vote Little Mac

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

If anyone has an outlandish and elaborate 3p role they'd like to claim, I'm ready to believe you uncritically.

i'm lockjaw, dog-aligned dog

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

What does this even mean?

trying to generate content and make commentary where there is none is scummy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yes punt i am a dog. jealous? :smugdog:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

No I am not jealous but I have caught you in a lie as I am actually lockjaw.

ah nuts i'll probably get lynched and i'm sorry about that because i'm town. i was making a joke, i didn't think lockjaw would be in this game and it'd be funny to roleplay a dog.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Punt what sort of dog do you think I would be if I were a dog though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yep that's poorly worded

byers thing that he did is empty of any meaning that i'm aware of

trying to comment on it as though it was important or relevant to discussion is a forced attempt to appear engaged

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

It's Day 1 so gently caress it or whatever but I wouldn't mind lynching Diqnol to get rid of his PR or Keane because his posting is super-fishy! Byers, imo, is posting like normal Byers. Other than those three I don't think anyone else has done enough to warrant attention unless you want to look at tiny things. I also wouldn't mind us lynching prior to Sunday since pushing the deadline back is bad.

Keeping my vote here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

It's Day 1 so gently caress it or whatever but I wouldn't mind lynching Diqnol to get rid of his PR or Keane because his posting is super-fishy! Byers, imo, is posting like normal Byers. Other than those three I don't think anyone else has done enough to warrant attention unless you want to look at tiny things. I also wouldn't mind us lynching prior to Sunday since pushing the deadline back is bad.

This post still reads very scrummy to me. Every part of it seems overly cautious, Mac keeps emphasizing how unimportant his opinions are. I feel like town do not, or at least should not, justify terrible positions off of the compelling rationale that it's day one. It's so easy to retreat from that once you start to take heat. Does Mac really think Keane or True are serious candidates for today? I mean, ignoring the nonsense reasoning altogether it's just a complete non-starter to lynch the more prolific and engaged posters as we near deadline.

Tremendous Taste posted:

sa mafia is collectively dumb as a pile of bricks

will compromise on tt if necessay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I'd also be comfortable with Hal.

Though my vote will remain on Diqnol.

can you explain why Hal?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps is clearly bored town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This has been a super weird performance by KB so far.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

What you fall to understand is all my posts are bad and day one is worthless

rarity I request a doublevote boon. Name your price.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I really feel best about voting Mac. Who is uncomfortable voting him and why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Like if Mac were to flip right now, what's the worst that could happen?

kind of a weird way to phrase that question but I agree with the general principle.

With regards to Taste, honestly if you're joking around rather than trying to legitimately engage the discussion then it's not on the town to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

no but it's up to town to be functional human thinkers

do you think this is actually helping in any way? it's lame and doesn't help us at all if you're town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

1. Let's lynch True because of his PR - An idea that might make sense somewhere in the multiverse but not here.

2. Keane is fishy because ???

3. Byers is Byers. A useful thought... or something else?!

4. So wait is Mac saying that Byers is scum or not? it's not clear.

so this is the post where LM talks about his scum picks I guess, but I'm not there.

Little Mac posted:

Are you serious? Somber is being really dumb and it's kinda fishy but I'd expect better from you Hal.

my behavior is the same as before but i'm upgraded to Fishy, which is ridiculous because I'm not even Namor.

Then eventually we work our way to why I am fishy.

Little Mac posted:

Sorry, meant just weird. Very direct focus which on day one is weird.

Which is because I'm focused.

I dare anyone to find a good post from Little Mac.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll only vote Mac or Taste.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Hey these parts of your post don't make sense."

"It's day one!"

???

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

Like how do they not make sense? I guess your reasoning was weak to me. "He said someone was fishy and I'm not even Namor! HYUK HYUK" you post only to focus on one person as if you've gotten them when instead it's weird that someone would be so focused on one person all of Day One.

Well, actually, what I did today was find a person I found scummy and then push for their lynch.

I pointed out what parts of your posts don't make sense. You never say what is suspicious about Keane. You mention that Byers is Byers, which is not an alignment value in itself but sounds like a town read, but then refer to him as part of your scum picks.

I mean you're, without exaggeration, saying "[Player] is scum because."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow that's a really lovely move Taste.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm town but that should end the day for us. Thanks a lot Taste.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am going to stop posting until rarity gets back.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pin was a goofy lynch.

Are we missing part of the flip?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I still don't see what role Keane was.

You know, I'm down to lynch Byers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Because I wouldn't give your role to a town player, Byers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno, you vote everyone and then a thing happens.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why is Byers voting every player? The reason has to be dependent on his role because there's no in-thread reason.

Voting every player is suspicious. It draws attention to you. If nothing else it raises your profile.

Talking myself through it now I guess I could see myself handing this out to a town player but I would feel bad about it. I would probably also feel bad about handing it out to scum, though.

Mostly it's weird and I don't like it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would say that the weird/scary split on Byers is about 60/40.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Also, I haven't pointed it out until now because I've been way more inactive than I normally am and was feeling guilty. But there are some people in this game with some shamefully low activity. Epsilon Plus, Apostate Courier, Meinberg, sup?

King Burgundy posted:

I still think Exakt's weird jumping around and inconsistency is way more scummy.

I still think Capp's bizarro 3p claim or whatever the hell that was as his only real activity in the game is way more scummy.

I even think Byers weird as hell fight with Keane is more scummy, but I totally get giving him the day 1 benefit of the doubt as a content generator.

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Meinberg!

So far your only thought has been that we shouldn't vote Diqnol, which I agree with. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like to vote for?

King Burgundy posted:

I'll help cuddle this one.

##vote Pmom

KB has opinions but never pushes them. He's calling people out on inactivity but can't be bothered to push a lynch candidate. The deadline is no excuse either, as we saw what happened with Pinterest.

##vote King Burgundy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

I was misremembering, it wasn't EXAKT, he was with me on BN, then switched to EXAKT later. It might be bias since that lines up with my own reads, but I'm more inclined to give KB a break than BN who cased LM (admittedly softly) but wouldn't vote him, then slipped onto the PMom vote quietly with no real reason given for why PMom over LM.

Oh, that sounds pretty good then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I were scum I would use that power on my teammates, no question.

• Locked thread