Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'm dealing with some health issues at the moment, so please don't wait on me. I'll jump back in as soon as I'm able. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
:( Hope you get better soon!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Good to hear from you, don't stress out about it, we'll have a space for you when you get back.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Post incoming when I get back to my computer

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Glyph

AasimirStoneforged Chaos-Mage

When agents of the dragon found the magical symbol in one of the caverns that had once held their master, they were confused. It was clearly a source of intense magical energies, but it lacked any style or grace that one would associate with a learned practitioner of the art. None of them would disfigure the holy site with such an obscene symbol, and no being who could have slain the dragon would have etched such an ugly and unrefined sigil. Their choices were limited. They could not leave it, unchecked its magic could detonate at any moment. They could not destroy it, for in its simplicity there was a strength. So, working carefully, they excavated a section of the cavern wall, keeping the symbol complete, yet rendering it portable. After much study, the dragon's wizards could find no use for it, nor any hint of its origin. They sealed it with chain and charm within a chest, then threw the chest into the depths of The Iron Sea.

In the darkness and stillness and silence, the occasional spark of magical energy misfiring from the glyph shaped the rock. A man of stone, modelled after the primitive and Neanderthal humans it had seen in ancient times. Each spark, each pulse of magical feedback, increased the likelihood of further pulses in the future. Forged by entropy, the creature slowly came to life. The chains that held it imprisoned were rusted and old, the charms weakened. With a burst of magical and physical force, Glyph broke free of its bonds and paced slowly towards the shore.

One phrase ran through its mind over and over “Kill...dragons….”

One Unique Thing: A stone man encapsulating a symbol of chaotic force.

Backgrounds:
Stone Golem +3: Be… strong… be… hard… be… heavy… live… long… sleep… little… eat… little… tire… rarely… be… stone.
Arcane Uncheck +3: Be… magic… be… energy… be… chaos… discharge… spells… be… arcane… be…. Force.
Sensory Deprivation +2 I... have... eyes... but... cannot.. be... blinded... mouth... but... cannot... be... silenced... skin... but... cannot... be... flayed.

Icon Relationships:
The Three, negative 1: Dragon scholars, and there are many, know that there may be some relevance to this bizarre glyph. Regardless of what he is, the agents of a dragon buried him in the ocean for a reason...
The High Druid, positive 1: Dragons are animals, according to druids, but they also work alongside civilisation in the worst way, and are often rather fond of burning down forests or carving great caves in mountains. A man formed of stone who attempts to stop their wanton destruction of nature is just the balance being established.
The Archmage, conflicted 1: The Archmage is in a difficult position. On the one hand, any magical symbol capable of forging 'life' and creating a soldier through entropy alone is worthy of study. On the other, The Archmage is fairly sure it was not one of his agents that initially inscribed the glyph. Ergo, the soldier does not serve him.

pre:
Glyph
Level 4 Chaos Mage
Spell Level 3 – 4 daily spells – 1 encounter spell

STR  	10	(+0)		Hit Points: 36
CON 	11	(+0)		Recoveries: 8
DEX  	11	(+0)		Recovery value: 1d6*4
INT  	16	(+3)		Armour Class: 15
WIS  	13	(+1)		PD: 14	MD: 20
CHA  	18	(+4)		Initiative: +4

Race Features
Born of Stone
         Once per battle as a free action during your turn, gain a +2 bonus to all defences until you are hit by an attack (or until the battle ends). 

Class Features
	Arcane Implements
		Arcane caster. Uses self as casting implement.
	Common Spell Roster
		My spells are raw arcane and do not belong to me.		
	Chaos Magic
		Roll for spell type on initiative, at end of turn, or when granted an extra turn.
	Not a Ritual Caster
		Cannot learn ritual magic.
	High Weirdness
		When critted by an enemy, or when rolling for Iconic warp, roll d100 on the High Weirdness table (pg.18)

Talents
	Iconic Warp
		When the next spell you cast is going to be a warp spell, roll 1d6 and check the Iconic Warp table (pg.21)
	Separate Existence
		You can cast ranged spells while engaged with enemies without taking opportunity attacks.
	Touch of Sorcery
		Whenever you take a full heal-up, randomly choose a sorcerer spell of the highest level you can cast. 
                For the rest of the day, you know this sorcerer spell and can cast it according to its normal usage pattern
                —at-will, once per battle, recharge, or daily when that option comes up during your chaos mage spellcasting sequence. 
	Current Sorcerer Spell:1d4=2
                Chaos Pulse

Feats
	Constant Feedback
		Adventurer: Whenever you roll for an Iconic warp, roll a High Wierdness.
	Iconic Warp
		Adventurer: Once a battle, roll iconic warp twice and pick one.
	Twisted Path
		Adventurer: Gain Adventurer Bonus for Diabolist, Lich King, Prince of Shadows and The Three.
	Chaos Blessing
		Adventurer: Defence Bonus of Chaos Blessing applies to ALL defences and only lasts until hit.

Gear

Stone Hide
		Light armor.  The stone is hard but there's only magic holding it together.
        Stone Fists
                Two handed. Small.
        Inscription of Heedlessness
                +1 Ac.  +4 to defences on first round of combat.  
        Chuul Helm +2
                (recharge 16+)
                When an enemy misses you with an attack that targets Mental Defense,
                deal 10 psychic damage to that enemy.

Random Tables

Next Spell (1d6)
1-2: Attack
3-4: Defence
5-6: Iconic - Roll High Weirdness and Roll Iconic Warp 

Iconic Spell (1d12)
1: Archmage
2: Crusader
3: Diabolist
4: Dwarf King
5: Elf Queen
6: Great Gold Wyrm
7: High Druid
8: Lich King
9: Orc Lord
10: Priestess
11: Prince of Shadows
12: The Three

Iconic Warp (1d6)
1: Air
2: Earth
3: Fire
4: Water
5: Metal
6: Void

Sorcerer Spells (1d4)
1. Breath of The Green
2. Chaos Pulse
3. Dragon's Leap
4. Echoing Thunder

Hope this works with your campaign McP. It looks complicated but I've got it down. Let me know what you think.

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 29, 2015

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Updated character! I believe everything is in order here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WE3xJ0z1uJWENRTUR3OUliRUk/view?usp=sharing

quote:

Willi Winto- Gnome Bard 3
HP: 54/54 Recoveries: 8
AC: 18 PD: 17 MD: 16
STR: 8|-1 CON: 15|2 DEX: 17|3
INT: 12|1 WIS: 10|0 CHA: 19|4

Melee Attack: 1d20+7 vs. AC ; 4d8+3 ; Miss 4
Ranged Attack: 1d20+7 vs. AC ; 4d6+3 ; Miss 0

Backgrounds:
Tale-teller: +4
Knowledge of Forgotten Ages: +2
Raised to Undeath: +1
Student(?) of a Great Mage: +3

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Bardic Songs
(Feature) Battle Cries
(Feature) Spells
(Talent) Jack of Spells: Choose one spell of your level or lower from the spell list of another class. This is a bonus spell.
(Talent) Loremaster (B, C): Take two additional background points, can add up to 6 points to one background; Take a single bonus relationship point with either the Lich King or the Archmage.
(Talent) Spellsinger: Choose an extra bardic song or spell at the highest level you know.

Racial Abilities:
Small: +2 bonus against opportunity attacks
Confounding: OPB, when you roll a natural 16+ on an attack, daze the target UEONT
Minor Illusions: At will, standard action- create a strong smell or noise nearby

Feats:
Jack of Spells, Adventurer: Use Charisma for your jacked spell's attack bonus and damage bonus. Wizard jacked spell: gain three cantrips, cast as standard actions.
Pull It Together, Adventurer: Add 1d4 x escalation die to recovery.
Vicious Mockery, Adventurer: Hit effect is now save ends.
It's All Yours, Adventurer: Also add 1d6 damage to next attack.

Battle Cries:
It's All Yours: Natural even miss- The next ally to attack the target you missed gains +2 to hit and 1d6 extra damage.
Pull it Together: Natural 11+ roll, twice per battle- One nearby ally can heal using a recovery plus 1d4 x escalation die.
Take Heart: Any hit- One nearby ally can roll a save against a save ends effect or UEONT effect.

Spells and Songs:
Cantrips: Knock, Mage Hand, Mending
Song of Heroes, 3: Bardic song, 11+ to recharge- Quick action each turn; 11+ to sustain. You and nearby allies gain +1 attack bonus and +1 bonus to saves until the start of your next turn. final verse: The effect ends immediately, but one ally gains a +2 bonus on their next attack roll this battle.
Song of Aid, 3: Bardic song, daily- Quick action each turn; 11+ to sustain. You or a nearby ally gains 3d6 THP. final verse: One target that gained THP can also heal using a recovery.
Soundburst, 3: Ranged, daily- 1d4 nearby enemies in a group, 1d20+8 vs PD. Hit: 6d8+4 thunder damage, and the target is dazed UEONT. Miss: Half damage, and allies engaged with the target take 3 thunder damage.
Vicious Mockery, 3: Ranged, 11+ to recharge- One nearby enemy, 1d20+8 vs MD. Hit: 6d6+4 psychic damage, and when the target misses with one of its attacks, it takes half the damage the attack would have dealt (save ends). Miss: 3 damage.
Befuddle, 3: Ranged, 11+ to recharge- One nearby enemy, 1d20+8 vs MD. Hit: Target is confused UEONT. Miss: Target is dazed UEONT.
Lightning Bolt, Wizard 3: Close, daily- 1d3+1 nearby enemies in a group or rough line, 1d20+8 vs PD. Hit: 7d8 lightning damage. Miss: half damage.

Gear:
Longsword (1d8 1 hand)
Brightly-colored padded jacket (Light armor)
Shield (shield, not equipped)
Light crossbow (crossbow, 1d6)
Book of Stories Lich's Lore- reroll a Cha, Wis, or Int skill check- recharge 16+
Dashing Cloak of Evasion: +1 PD, Take 20 less damage from an opportunity attack- recharge 6+
Pile of Flutes (probably evil)

Shark Mafia fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 23, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Looks great Captain Indigo! The only thing I'd say is I'm concerned how much a pain in the rear end that speaking would be to read and type.

Pratchett's golems THAT SPEAK LIKE THIS might be more appropriate.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

I had this idea that his speach and personality would develop over time, so by the first post it would be much more like how you describe :).

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Ryu Kazama
OUT: Kohryu, an aspect of the Silver Wyrm, resides in the elaborate tattoo on my back.
+-3 Emperor: As long as I draw breath, the Silver will live on, and peace will be had in Drakkenhall...but that peace is fragile in the bloodied hands of a partly-reformed criminal.
-1 Three: The Blue in particular wants me dead, dead, dead. The feeling's mutual.

Backgrounds:
+4 Dragon of Drakkenhall: As a former underworld enforcer, Kazama is experienced in more than just acts of violence, both implied and actually performed. He's good at sniffing out new contacts in an urban environment, making friends (or at least temporary allies) in his inimitable way, and evading pursuit.
+4 Soul of Kohryu: It's a giant, elaborate, highly intimidating back tattoo of the type typically worn by Tojo officers. That's not especially new but it's also a dragon. Not a stylized representation of one: an actual dragon, somehow bound to Kazama's body. At least Kohryu is generous with her wisdom; sensing magic and performing incredible feats of strength and speed are now everyday tasks for Kazama.

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 4
HP: 66/66    Recoveries: 8/8 (4d10+3)
AC 20(+0)     PD 19(+0)     MD 14(+0)
STR: 19|+4    CON: 17|+3    DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00    WIS: 15|+2    CHA: 12|+1
Sword: 1d20+4+4+1+ED; 4d10+4
Unarmed: 1d20+4+4+ED; 4d6+4
Giant: 1d20+4+1+LVL+ED; 4d10+7

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Greatness: gain when hit
(Feature) Empowered by Fate: +1 relationship pt with Emperor. On ally 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(Feature) Strength of Many: double carrying strength; gain power stunt
(Feature) Unarmed Attacks: 1d6 unarmed damage
(Talent) Colossal Stamina: +1 base HP
(Talent) Stride the World: Resist cold/fire 16+, vulnerable to poison
(Talent) Titan Grapple: Can grab as standard action with STR vs. PD

Feats:
(A) Empowered by Fate: On my relationship 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(A) Titan Grapple: Move as Large creature when grabbing/grabbed
(A) Colossal Stamina: d12 recoveries with greatness
(A) Bat Aside: Use on hit vs. PD
(A) Strength of Many: Carry 5x normal weight, roll additional d20 for power stunt

Powers: 
Racial: Quick to Fight: Roll 2x for initiative, take best
Bat Aside: Requires greatness, interrupt. Halve damage from melee hit against AC/PD
Catching Mice: Requires greatness, quick action. Grab vs. PD
Giant Strike: Targets non-staggered non-mook. +their level to hit, +CON to damage
Indomitable: Requires greatness, interrupt. Roll immediate save against condition or effect
Inescapable Doom: Recharge 11+, move action when unengaged. Teleport next to foe I can see
Judgement: Daily, first attack this battle. 2x WEAPON + STR + CON damage, half ongoing, gain greatness

Equipment:
Robes, short bow, fists of the dragon
Greatsword of Haughtiness: +1d4 damage against most dangerous foe in a battle
Armor of Stone Flesh: +1 PD
Gauntlets of Spell Deflection: Recharge 16+. Parry spell with STR attack vs. MD

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, lets welcome Glyph, played by Captain Indigo, to the Dragon Slayers!

And I think I got just the thing. When Glyph joins, he already has a target in mind. It's the hidden arcane lab, headed by a blue dragon, concealed underneath a lake just east of The Fangs. This is the place where the extensive experiments and investigations were performed on the eponymous glyph. Of course, he wasn't really alive at that point, but the place he spent so much time calls to him from across the Midland Sea. It's like he left something behind...

Follow up post incoming.

Edit:

Just so I can find it later.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 24, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Paging Shark Mafia and Krysmpheonix. Still watching this space?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah, been out and about today, you guys did a lot of posts so when I get a bit tonight I'll toss in my two cents.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hello new people! If you're making a character, please note the following:

Level 4 character
Any Pelgrane stuff is A Ok, including Glorantha stuff.
Run 3rd party classes by me first.
Pick up any 2 magic items, and I'll probably hand you a third fun one at random.

Current party make up is a Chaos Mage, a Necromancer + dog shaped skeleton buddy, a fighter/paladin, and a grab happy Stalwart.
Have at it!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
you forgot to mention the fighter/pally is also a cat-man, and the chaos mage is a robot

the Dragon Slayers are a weird group, man

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Least we don't have any skeleton PCs. Or TURBODRACULA.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Captain Walker posted:

you forgot to mention the fighter/pally is also a cat-man, and the chaos mage is a robot

the Dragon Slayers are a weird group, man

Don't forget to mention that the dog shaped skeleton buddy is actually some sort of old red dragon and that the grab happy stalwart has an aspect of the silver wyrm living inside his tattoo. At least we have a sensible and well adjusted necromancer to keep it all together.

Come to think of it, it is a wonder that we have not been contracted to slay ourselves yet.

Oh, and come hang out with us in #sadragonslayers on synirc!

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Zyndae'tharur'treoris'waer'alymm... "Zynd is fine, actually."
OUT: The Three ordered me to kill the Dragon Slayers, so I joined them.

Icons
-2 The Three: I did technically betray them, but I was only serving my God. Honestly, a small band of the lowly working together to destroy the powerful? I don't know why The Three ever thought She of the Endless Tales would side with them.
+1 The Prince of Shadows: He and my God are more alike than not. I pay him and his the respect they deserve, and he returns in kind.

Backgrounds:
+5 Trickster Priest: Lying, cheating, misdirection, disguises, manipulating politics, cheating at poker; all of this is expected of clerics of She of the Endless Tales, and Zynd is nothing if not a good cleric. As well, being surrounded by deception gives her helpful insights into the lies of others.
+5 The Tales of She of the Endless Tales: Deception is pointless unless it is in the service of making a great story, and Zynd's God has had Her hand in most of them throughout the Ages (at least, that's what She says). In her training Zynd has learned stories from across the Empire and beyond; there is little lore she is not at least passingly familiar with.
+2 Dilettante Tailor: Zynd makes all her own clothes - it's a hobby!

Zynd's History

"Well, I grew up on a farm near Drakkenhall, the middle kid of eighteen brothers and sisters. No one really notices you when you're in the middle, so I turned into a real prankster. No one ever figured out it was me, until this one priest came to town to officiate a wedding. Naturally, I tried to mess with him, but every time I tried, it hit someone else, and they always knew somehow I was to blame. By the time he left, everyone in town hated me, so it wasn't too hard to convince me to leave with him. And that's how I joined the service of She of the Endless Tales..."

"Well, I never met my parents, and Drakkenhall is a rough place for an orphan. There were plenty of others like me, orphans on the brink, and I built them into a gang of sorts. Nothing formal like the thieves guild, just a bunch of kids looking out for each other. Anyway, we were going through this noble's house to find some valuables, when I ran across this priest. We figure that's it, we're dead, but he keeps it quiet and even tells us where they keep the good silver. But, he tracks us down after we escape, and says he wants his cut, and turns out his 'cut' was me. And that's how I joined the service of She of the Endless Tales..."

"Well, I was the daughter of the former mayor of Drakkenhall. I know the title doesn't sound impressive, but in day-to-day matters of governance, my father was second only to the Blue. That kind of influence doesn't come without enemies, so I was framed for treason. The evidence seemed overwhelming, but one woman saw through the façade - the high priest of She of the Endless Tales. She spoke before the Blue in my defence, and convinced her that the charges were false. In gratitude, I swore to aid my benefactor and her patron in any way I could. And that's how I joined the service of She of the Endless Tales..."

"Well, you see, clerics like myself aren't born, but created. What happens is the high priests gets unfertilized dragon eggs - sometimes they're offered willingly to the church, but most of the time they hire or convince other people to steal them. Anyway, once they have them, there's this big ritual where the eggs are blessed. Then, they sneak the blessed eggs into a dragon's nest, where they hatch into novices. To become full clerics, the novices must talk their way out of the dragon's nest without being eaten. And that's how I joined the service of She of the Endless Tales..."

She of the Endless Tales

An enigmatic deity, often (somewhat uncharitably) associated with chaos and destruction, She of the Endless Tales was the first storyteller, who bestowed the gift of narrative on the races of the world in ages long past. She delights in surprising twists and turns, and seeing the high brought low and the low raised high. After all, who bothers to remember the story of the underdog losing, or the expected result happening? She is the natural patron of iconoclasts, rebels, and unlikely lovers, but her favour also finds youngest sons and daughters, brave but outmatched warriors, and wizards whose reach exceeds their grasp. However, she is also fickle, loving unexpected betrayals and sudden escalations of stakes. Happily ever after' is a rather boring ending, after all, and a successful revolutionary is no longer truly an underdog.

Many find it odd that the most enduring bastion of faith in She of the Endless Tales is Drakkenhall, a city that is very much in favour of the overdog, but the reasons dates back to Ages past. The Three, searching for allies to defeat the Great Gold Wyrm, found one in She of the Endless Tales, who agreed to give them Her blessing, so long as Her worship was always welcome in their lands. While the influence of She of the Endless tales is somewhat of a headache to a draconic tyrant, none of The Three are foolish enough to brazenly break their word to a god. Of course, The Three's obligation is to Her worship, not Her faithful - it is not in violation of their agreement to eliminate those believers who give The Three reason. For instance, if one were to openly defy their commands and commit treason against Drakkenhall. Hypothetically speaking.

pre:
Zynd, Dragonborn Cleric 4
HP: 48/48    Recoveries: 8/8 (4d8+1)
AC 20         PD 15         MD 19    
STR: 08|-1    CON: 12|+1    DEX: 10|+0
INT: 15|+2    WIS: 19|+4    CHA: 17|+3
Unarmed: 1d20-1+4+ED; 4d6-1
Class Features/Domains:
(Feature) Heal: use Heal spell 2 times/battle
(Feature) Ritual Magic: you can use ritual magic
(Domain) Trickery: roll a d20 when engaged by an enemy, substitute it for an attack roll of your choice.
(Invocation) Trickery: attacks by enemies that engaged you miss on odd rolls
(Domain) Knowledge: gain +4 to knowledge-based background
(Invocation) Knowledge: roll a d6, and give allies a free +2 reroll when escalation die reaches die result
(Domain) Leadership More Trickery: allies gain +1 attack bonus vs. targeted enemy
(Invocation) More Trickery: increase escalation die by 1
(Racial) Dragon's Breath: 1/battle, breathe colourful illusions that do <level>d6 damage psychic damage

Feats:
(A) (Domain) Knowledge: once per day, change a knowledge background check result to natural 20
(A) Heal: Heal spell can target nearby allies
(A) (Domain) More Trickery: attack bonus can be from any attack
(A) Javelin of Faith: +1d6 damage on undamaged targets

Spells:
Worm Can Roll A Stone (Javelin of Faith, 3)
Bee Can Sting a Bear (Spirits of the Righteous, 3)
Savvy Feint (Bless, 1)
Ostensible Vitality (Divine Endurance, 3)
Cheap Shots (Strength of the Gods, 3)
Confounding Evasion (Shield of Faith, 3)

Equipment:
Holy Robes, concealed buckler
Knot of Divine Harmony: serve in a priestly function for almost any god or ritual
Circlet of Approachability: easily fit in at social functions

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 24, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
PAKCHI STEELTRAP

A professional portrait done by a Concord painter. Includes 100% less of the usual grease stains and easy smiles.

Hatched in the underhollows of Concord, Pakchi Steeltrap was blessed from birth with a very rare gift--an eidetic memory. He was quickly selected to be the clan’s trapmaking expert, and hit upon a fast knack for almost wizardly constructions of pure machinery. This somewhat unsettled those magicians who observed him but found no magic in his work, especially when one day he awoke from a dream and spent the next month creating something astonishing; a talking, thinking dragon a foot long which showed no signs at all of being magical--and whose creation he could never duplicate. However, this kind of inexplicable miracle tends to draw a lot of attention--especially from those usually associated with this kind of life, namely mages and dragons. Having taken to the road to protect his clan, Pakchi is looking for the secrets of his creation’s creation. And just maybe, some friends who can keep him safe from the powers that be.

Pakchi is a fairly average kobold--in height, weight, and most of his disposition. He’s a little bit overwhelmed by having been abruptly thrust onto the world stage, and more than a little homesick. However, his traditional flight reflex has been knuckled under by burning curiosity--he finds the world around him fascinating and is willing to get into considerable danger to observe it. He also follows the kobold tradition of not shutting up, ever, and asking questions almost constantly, with virtually no regard for privacy. Hopefully more experience will drive some respect for others’ social mores into him before he gets driven off from everywhere.

Pakchi uses a variety of technological gizmos to perform the various functions that other wizards do with inherent magic (though with no less fancy names). His Particle Decelerator, for instance, applies dramatic halts to molecules in a line away from its muzzle, duplicating the effects of Ray of Frost. Pakchi, of course, would never be so presumptuous as to be duplicating anything, but the wizards of Horizon disagree rather vehemently.

SPARKY

TIMG roughly to scale

Pakchi’s famed living machine, Sparky, resembles a miniature dragon made of gleaming blue metal and clockwork. Exactly what makes him live is extremely unclear; Sparky’s inner workings are extremely dense, he’s never needed maintenance, the only thing he ingests is salt water, and Pakchi would sooner die than take him apart to see what’s making him tick. He is known not to be magical--no magic-detection has found anything remotely fantastical in his heart.

What IS known is that Sparky is extremely light, can fly after a fashion, and hold a reliable, intelligent conversation with just about anyone who comes along. In a fight he’s fairly useless, being one foot long and able to be knocked around with a decent-size stick, but he has yet to be beaten down so badly he’s stopped. Sparky is well aware of his unique status, and it’s gone a little bit to his head, but he’s ferociously loyal to his creator and has all the chirpy curiosity of any young creature.

pre:
STR: 9 (-1/+3)       CON: 14 (+2/+6)       DEX: 13 (+1/+5)
INT: 19 (+4/+8)       WIS: 12 (+1/+5)       CHA: 14 (+2/+6)
AC:  16               PD:  15               MD:  18

HP: 48/48             Recoveries: 8/8       Recovery Roll: 4d6+2

Level: 4

One Unique Thing
Pakchi created the world’s only living nonmagical construct--but only one. How to make it is the only thing he can’t remember.

Backgrounds
Steel-Trap Mind +3: Pakchi's memory is a thing to behold; he can recall almost anything he's seen, heard, or read, though 
it might take some time.
Clockwork Wiz Kid +4: There's no trapmaker alive who can do what Pakchi can with gears, belts, and wiring. The mages 
of Horizon swear it must be magic--they just haven't proven it yet.
Life on the Move +1: You learn a lot on the road--how to move quickly, how to survive in between cities, how to make it 
so people don't know you're going places until you're there.

Racial Ability
Kobold Precision: Once per battle you may reroll a natural even attack roll, or a natural even skill check.
+2 Intelligence

Class Features
Wizard Melee Attack: Get poked with a butter knife, or other arguably sharp implement. Wizard melee uses Weapon dice.
This will never happen.
Cantrip Casting: Can use contraptions in ways besides blowing people up!
Cantrips last (1d6+level) x 10 minutes.
 - ALARM: Sets a small mechanical alarm that goes off if something touches an object or goes into an area. Planned 
   improvements include visual representation of the defined area, probably by light bolts.
 - Arcane Mark: Paints a special mark on an object or person. Can be done with normal paint or the good stuff, which only
   Pakchi can detect.
 - Ghost Sound: Small noisemakers that can be placed or thrown to emit a variety of sounds at a distance.
 - Knocker: An auto-lockpick, which can either pick a lock or blast it open, depending on how subtle the need is. 
 - Light: An early invention, this uses an electric current run through wire in a glass bulb to create a large field of light, up
   to 30 feet. Pakchi likes to wear it on his head, but it can be moved most anywhere.
 - Mage Hand: Pakchi refuses to explain how this one works beyond "magnets". A glove that, when worn, gets quite hot
   but can manipulate objects at a distance like a hand.
 - Mending: Mendin' things. A toolkit and twenty-five years of eidetic experience means standard repairs get done in a
   fraction of the time.
 - Prestidigitation: Have a blast! Make metal coins hover, make your eyes glow, breathe ice, heat your coffee! 
   What might come out of that bag next?
 - Spark: Much smaller than your average flint and steel, this compact firestarter can light a fire in almost any weather.
   Needs regular upkeep.
Cyclic Spells: Some machines run better than others for regular use. Certain "spells" are not expended if the 
escalation die is even.
Overworld Advantage: Pakchi may prefer the underground, but the overworld treats his machines better. Sunlight 
makes for better maintenance, too. When in the overworld, all daily spells become recharge 16+ after battle.
+2 Wisdom

Class Talents
Cantrip Mastery: Pakchi's amazing machines work wonders in combat, buthe's been working with them long enough
to make them work perfectly well outside the battlefield, too. Except the Hydrogen Accelerant Cannon. We don't talk about
that one. Normal spells can be used in cantrip forms.
Vance's Polysyllabic Verbalizations: Kobolds not in a dragon's service tend to think big, and Pakchi is no exception.
It can't be a freeze ray! It's a Particle Decelerator! OBVIOUSLY.
Wizard's Familiar: Sparky is almost never seen away from Pakchi, not least because most other people who know
about him want to crack him open to see how he works. Sparky can fly, talk, and scout an area reliably, but is useless in a fight.

Feats
Cantrip Mastery (Adventurere): See above.
Set Trap (Kobold, Adventurer): Ah, but you see, I maneuvered you into the trap I prepared earlier! All miss damage is x 2, 
and any attacks with no miss damage gain 2 miss damage.
Wizard's Familiar (Adventurer): Time on the road has made the little dragon more confident. Sparky gains Scout.
Shocking Grasp (Adventurer): Gaining confidence in close quarters means Shocking Grasp can now be cast as a quick action.

Relationships
Archmage Negative 1
The world’s most powerful mages aren’t exactly thrilled that life has been artificially created without magic, and even LESS so that 
they don’t know how. While not actively attacking Pakchi, the Archmage’s followers have been hounding him for the secret he 
doesn’t know for a good few months, and would love to get their hands on Sparky.

The Three Confused 1
No kobold could hate the Three, but for similar reasons to the Archmage, not all the Three are thrilled about Pakchi’s achievement. 
However, the connection between dragons and kobolds remains strong; exactly how the Three plan to move on this information is 
currently unclear.

The Great Gold Wyrm Positive 1
Dreams are the realm of the Great Gold Wyrm, and while none but the Wyrm himself can say if he had a role in the construct’s 
creation, Pakchi is very interested in finding out--and so are the followers of the Wyrm.

Equipment & Magic Items
Inventor's Smock of Many Pockets (nonmagical)
Bag of Assorted Machinery
Traveling kit, tool kit
Dagger

Machines Charged
Particle Decelerator Version 2 (Ray of Frost, 2 uses)
Electron Current Transferance Gloves Version 2 (Shocking Grasp, 1 use)
Transparent Tunnel Blockade Version 2 (Shield, 1 use)
Gravitic Pulse Generator Version 2 (polarity reversed) (Feather Fall, 1 use)
Electron Alignment Wand Version 2 (Lightning Bolt, 1 use)
Heatseeking Matter Accelerator Version 1 (Magic Missile, 2 uses)

More orderly sheet

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 23, 2015

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

McP, there's been some questions about how long recruitment will remain open. What's the plan?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Sang'u
OUT: My obsession with Imperial folklore has estranged me from my tribe.

Sang'u never knew his parents. His grandmother, the tribe's shaman and his only remaining relative, never told him what happened to them. Whenever Sang'u asked, his grandmother would only shake her head and mutter curses about the Emperor.

Despite this uncertainty, Sang'u was a rather cheerful boy and learned as much as he could from his grandmother. Sang'u's favorite lessons came from the stories his grandmother told about the Wood's greatest heroes, real or legendary. Heroes who fought massive beasts, marched into epic battles, and stood against seemingly impossible challenges. One story involved one of Sang'u's ancestors, who stood against an Imperial army that threatened their tribe's way of life, and died protecting it. Of course, every one of these tales ended with the hero's death, as no matter how strong they were, they were still mortal.

As Sang'u grew up, there were times where the Wild Wood, despite the High Druid's blessing, would not be very bountiful (especially in the winter), and in those cases, occasionally missionaries of the various gods of light would visit from Santa Cora and provide supplies while they preached about their religions. Sang'u came to look forward to these visits, as some of the missionaries would bring various books, including comic books, and the missionaries taught Sang'u enough of the Common language that he could understand them. In those books, he read about the Empire's versions of heroes: men and women in brightly-colored armor, appearing wherever there was trouble, solving every problem easily, and never coming to harm--never dying.

Sang'u was amazed. If the rest of the world was full of people like this, what chance would his tribe have?

Eventually, the tribe drove away the missionaries, for fear of the influence they would have on the people, and instead took to ransacking various caravans passing by the Wood to help survive the Winter months. When he was old enough, Sang'u joined these raiding parties. However, while the others took food and other essentials, Sang'u rummaged for other books like the ones the missionaries showed him, squirreling them away and studying them like textbooks for ways to be more "heroic."

One fateful day, on a raiding expedition, Sang'u decided he would show his tribesmen his "heroism." While waiting in ambush as another caravan approached, Sang'u leapt from his hiding spot early, shouting, "Evildoers! Justice is upon you!" Then he changed into a tiger and charged the wagon, which took off faster than the other party members could react. Sang'u was dragged before his grandmother, who demanded an explanation. Sang'u produced one of his books and said, "Our tribe needs heroes! Not heroes who die; heroes like the Empire has!" Then, for the first time in his life, Sang'u's grandmother struck him, then she banished him from the tribe. As he left, Sang'u yelled, "I'm not giving up! I'll learn everything there is to being a hero, and I'll become the greatest hero this tribe, no, the world's ever seen!"

pre:
Sang'u, Half-Orc Druid 4
HP: 60/60   Recoveries:  8/8 4d10+3
AC: 18     PD: 19     MD: 16
STR: 18|4   DEX: 14|2   CON: 17|3
INT: 8| -1    WIS: 11|0   CHA: 13|1
Basic Melee: 1d20+8; 4d8+4
Beast Form Atk: 1d20+8; 4d10/4d6+4
Icons:
High Druid (2 Conflicted): My people may have given up on me, but I will never give up on them.
Emperor (1 Conflicted): I know the Dragon Empire had something to do with my parents' death. I should hate them, but there's so much I can learn from them.

Backgrounds:
Hero-In-Progress (+4): Sang'u is determined to become a hero, and those stories he's been studying is surely the key to becoming one. All he needs is practice.
Druidic Tradition (+4): Sang'u hasn't shunned the ways of his people, and still communes with nature regularly. Nature, unlike his tribe, hasn't turned its back on him.

Class Features & Talents:
Melee Attack: Strength: Recovery dice are d10s.
Nature Talking: Hard DC to talk to animals, Ridic. DC to talk to Plants. +2 to animal talking checks.
Wilderness Survival
Shifter Adept
Warrior Initiate

Shifter
Scout Form (1 daily use): Standard action to transform, quick action to transform to either human or beast form. Gain temporary background equal to 1d4+1 points.
Beast Form (At-will): Can use spells and magic items when transformed. 3 Daily Beast Form Aspects.

Warrior Druid
Benefits: 12 Base AC; Base 7+CON HP
Flexible Attacks: Beast Spirits - Natural 18+, cast as free action:
Behemoth's Endurance: +2 PD and 4 temp HP until end of battle.
Bull's Strength: +1 to melee attacks until EoB.
Cat's Grace: +1 AC until EoB.
Owl's Wisdom: +2 MD & +1 to saves until EoB.
Resilience - Natural 1-5: Gain 5 temp. HP and resist damage 12+ against attacks targeting AC or PD until 2 attacks are halved from the resistance.

Feats:
Warrior Druid (A): Take extra initiate benefit.
Beast Form Attack (A): Second attack after first miss deals miss damage equal to level.
Improved Initiative (A): +4 to Initiative.
Resilience (A): Damage Resistance applies to attacks targeting PD.

Equipment:
Spear
Salvaged clothes
Boots of Furious Charge: +1 to disengage checks, deal +1d6 damage (hit or miss) if moved before attacking.
Stalwart Cloak: +1 PD, when attack targeting PD hits, make attacker reroll and use 15 as PD instead. (Recharge 16+)

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 24, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Sockerbagarn posted:

McP, there's been some questions about how long recruitment will remain open. What's the plan?

Ah, right

Recruitment will stay open for 24 hours from this post. I'm at a summer program with tons of classes and rehearsals and spotty wifi besides, so sorry I can't really get on IRC, but I can be fairly easy to reach via the thread.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
(artist here)
Temur Arderne
OUT: Sent by the 13th Legion of Foras, the fallen Goblinoid Empire, to find a way to stop the Red from running rampant outside the warded borders of the Dragon Empire

"My story? ...Yeah, I'll tell it. Temur Arderne, Tesserarius of the Thirteenth Legion of the Foras Empire. Figured you'd recognize it. You've heard about all the nasty things out west, beyond the wards of the Archmage? I cut my teeth on them. Gnolls, giants, manticores, not a day goes by one of them is trying to tear you limb from limb for lunch. On a bad day you get demons. On the worst days... The Red works out his boredom on us. Yeah, THAT Red. Everything else we can deal with. We've been trained to deal with it. But no one can be trained to deal with that. It's a natural disaster... No, worse than one. That's why I'm here. Command's finally fed up with it, living only because we're allowed, because it's not worth the effort to finish us. Because it's more fun to let us stand back up to get knocked down again. They figure the answer lies within the Dragon Empire. The Archmage has his wards, the Emperor has the Blue as a governor, ol' One-Eye killed the White, and rumor says the Elf Queen has the Green under lock and key. Even if the last one isn't true, the Dragon Empire has a history of dealing with the biggest, meanest dragons. I've been sent out to find anything that can help the Thirteenth stop the Red as permanently as possible."

Lich King, Negative 1: The Goblinoid Empire was cast down from its seat of power by The Wizard King's mastery of the arcane arts, ushering in his reign as the Wizard King.
As such the 13th Legion sees the Lich King as the last objective of reclaiming its lost glory and there are few who would turn away aid in casting down the One-Eyed King.
The Three, Negative 1: The last stronghold of Foras, Castrum Vespere, lies well beyond the warded borders of the Dragon Empire.
As such all manner of incredibly dangerous things threaten Castrum Vespere, most of all the supernatural roaming disaster known as The Red. Time and time again
the full might of the 13th Legion has failed to do anything lasting to The Red beyond add to the casualties of his rampages.
The Crusader, Positive 1: The Crusader's army is famed for its brutal efficiency, both within the command structure and on the field of battle.
That the 13th Legion's patron god has laid his blessing upon The Crusader only further inspires those within the 13th Legion to aspire to his lofty heights.
Many Goblinoids from outside the 13th Legion find pleasure in working within The Crusader's ranks and are amiable to aiding the 13th Legion,
even if most view its goals as impossible, misplaced dreams.

Backgrounds:
+6 13th Legion Tesserarius: With years of training and field experience Temur should have ascended past the rank of Tesserarius but he has routinely declined it,
preferring to be more active in combat then higher ranks would allow him to be.
These many years in the field have left Temur an excellent soldier with a solid grasp on tactics, strategy, morale, and the art of war.
+3 Cognosce Hostem: Know yourself, know your enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. Temur has taken this proverb to heart, and while his time within
the Legion has granted him mastery over himself, he has spent a fair amount time studying the tomes of knowledge of the Legion's less humanoid enemies found
within the region surrounding Castrum Vespere. Notable examples include dragons and the undead.

pre:
Temur Arderne, DwarfHobgoblin Commander 7
HP: 132/132   Command Points:1   Recoveries: 9/9 (7d8+6)
AC 26     PD 21     MD 21
STR: 18|+4    CON: 18|+4    DEX: 12|+1
INT: 8|-1    WIS: 18|+4    CHA: 10|0
Pilum +1: 1d20+12+ED; 7d8+9
Verutum: 1d20+8+ED; 7d6+2

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Fight from the Front: gain 1d3 command points when commander melee attack hits on my turn
(Feature) Weigh the Odds: gain 1d4 command points as a Standard Action
(Feature) Command: Start battles with 1 Command point
(Talent) Tactician: Use Wis whenever Cha is mentioned for Commander, 1/Day reroll initiative
(Talent) Moment of Glory: Roll 1d4 with Initiative, add an ally's attack roll as a free action 1/Battle
(Talent) Martial Training: Use Martial Weapons without penalty
(Talent) Never Say Die: 1/Battle increase current ED and max ED size by 1 when Self or Nearby Ally are crit,  

Feats:
(A) Tactician: +1 to Tactic/Strategy/Command/Warfare background, able to go above +5
(A) Just Stay Calm: Just Stay Calm now targets 1d4+1 Nearby Allies
(A) Rally Now: Add ChaWis Mod to Rally Now recoveries. (x2 at Champion, x3 at Epic.)
(A) Basic Tactical Strike: Attack deals extra damage equal to my Wis Mod on hit.
(C) Basic Tactical Strike: Attack gains bonus to hit equal to my Wis Mod.
(C) Buck Up: Adds WisModx2 to THP gained from Buck Up
(C) Tactician: 1/Day; gain a bonus to tactics recharge rolls after battle equal to Wis Mod.

Powers: 
Racial: Hold the Line: 1/Battle as a free action after being hit and above 0 hp, heal using recovery. Halve heal if ED is less than 2.
Basic Tactical Strike: Recharge 11+ after battle, quick. Nearby Ally makes a Basic Attack as a free action
Try Again: Costs 2 Command, Interrupt. Nearby Ally can reroll one attack roll this turn. Must use reroll.
Advanced Tactical Strike: Recharge 16+ after battle, quick. Nearby Ally makes At-Will Attack as a free action.
Buck Up!: Recharge 16+, quick. Self and 1d4 nearby allies gain THP equal to the average result of a recovery roll.
Just Stay Calm: Recharge 16+ after battle. ED must be 2+, quick action. Reduce ED by 1, 1d3 nearby allies heal using a Recovery
Rally Now: Costs 1 Command. Interrupt. Nearby Ally can Rally as a free action. +1 Command to target KO'd ally.
Save Now!: Costs 1 Command. Interrupt. Nearby Ally can roll a save against a Save Ends effect.
You Know What To Do!: Costs 4 Command. Interrupt. Ally gains an extra Standard Action.

Equipment:
Lorica squamata (Heavy Armor, Retired), Scutum (Shield), Verutum (Thrown Javelin), backpack, rations, shovel
Pilum of Great Striking +1:+1 to Hit and Damage; +1d8 damage when Esc Die is 3+
Potion Belt: +1 Recovery, drinking potion stored in belt is Swift Action, Recharge 16+
Rope of Entangling: 50 feet of fine spider silk rope, enchanted to be entangle things when directed with standard actions. Generally unhelpful in combat.
Armor of Iron Will +2: Bonus applies to MD as well as AC.

Consumables:
Champion Healing Potion x3; Recovery+2d8 HP, Cap 60 HP

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 12, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright! Recruitment closed, pick coming after I eat breakfast.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, thanks for the great submissions. Seriously, they were all great submissions, I'd run a second party if I had the time.

But the Dragon Slayers are in high demand, and today they are joined by Temur Ardeme, the Hobgoblin Commander, played by ArkInBlack.

And your fun extra item is... A Rope of Entangling (Core book p.295)! 50 feet of fine spider silk rope, enchanted to be entangle things when directed with standard actions. Generally unhelpful in combat because it moves too slowly, but it can reach, climb, snake, coil, and entangle things so long as they're not moving around too much.

ArkInBlack, please roll Icon Dice and get your combat block ready. The post introducing you will be up shortly.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Heck yeah

Lich King -, Three -, Crusader +: 3#1d6 4 6 1 Six with the Three off to a running start

pre:
Temur Arderne
HP: 60/60   Command Points:1   Recoveries: 9/9 (4d8+3)
AC 22     PD 17     MD 16
Pilum +1(MBA): 1d20+3+4+1+ED; 4d8+4, 4 Miss
Verutum(RBA): 1d20+2+4+ED; 4d6+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily/Recharge
Rally Now: 1CP          [ ]Hold The Line                [ ]Tactician Daily
Save Now!: 1CP                                          [ ]Swordwork(16+)
Try Again: 2CP                                          [ ]Basic Tactical Strike(11+)
Outmaneuver                                             [ ]Just Stay Calm(16+)
Weigh the Odds						[ ]Potion Belt(16+)
Conditionals
Greater Striking: Pilum attacks deal +1d8 damage when Esc Die is 3+

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 25, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Gettin on a 10 hour plane flight, so sit tight for a bit

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

That is way too much time that you can spend looking through the beastiary :ohdear:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Putting all the 13th age books on my iPad was the best decision

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hey McP, since I have a feeling we're going to miss each other on IRC, can you put down some rules for how to turn one of the leaders back to an animal? Run up to them and roll a background, or use a BBQ as a minor action? (That one actually sounds vaguely paladin-ish!)

Also, if I make a run for the leader, how many OAs am I going to take from the mooks?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Just a quick action, and a decision on whether to burn a use of BBQ or not. With it, it'll be powerful and helpful. Without, it'll be helpful, but not nearly as powerful.

It'll also vaguely count against the vague amount of potion you have right now. It might be good to decide now whether you want to try to be sparing to have some later, or use it up right now.

Ninja edit: oh right, and 3 OAs at +8 if you do an end run.

Second edit: in fact, let's out a definition on it. If you're using the potion sparingly, then it'll be one use of it in a battle per player. Any more, and you may as well go hog wild since it'll be used up at the end.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 5, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Sorry for the delay, went to training and the promised internet is ridiculously spotty. Fight is set, I'll post it when I can.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Man, I thought you were posting to kill the game and I got super anxious opening the thread. You've been very good with keeping the momentum going so far, can't wait for champion tier :)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Typed up the post, now there's a power outage, and this phone 3G isn't up for it...

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Running late for school, if a Lavi post goes up then feel free to play my turn for me. If not I'll get one up as soon as I get home!

Let's slay this dragon!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Ryu Kazama
OUT: Kohryu, an aspect of the Silver Wyrm, resides in the elaborate tattoo on my back.
+-3 Emperor: As long as I draw breath, the Silver will live on, and peace will be had in Drakkenhall...but that peace is fragile in the bloodied hands of a partly-reformed criminal.
-2 Three: The Blue, and now the Black Fang, want me dead, dead, dead. The feeling's mutual.

Backgrounds:
+5 Dragon of Drakkenhall: As a former underworld enforcer, Kazama is experienced in more than just acts of violence, both implied and actually performed. He's good at sniffing out new contacts in an urban environment, making friends (or at least temporary allies) in his inimitable way, and evading pursuit.
+3 Soul of Kohryu: It's a giant, elaborate, highly intimidating back tattoo of the type typically worn by Tojo officers. That's not especially new but it's also a dragon. Not a stylized representation of one: an actual dragon, somehow bound to Kazama's body. Since leaving Drakkenhall, however, Kohryu's magic has begun to fade in power.

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 5
HP: 80/80    Recoveries: 8/8 (5d10+6)
AC 21(+0)     PD 20(+0)     MD 17(+0)
Initiative 2#1d20k1+4, 2#1d6

STR: 19|+4    CON: 17|+3    DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00    WIS: 15|+2    CHA: 12|+1
Sword: 1d20+4+5+1+ED; 5d10+8
Unarmed: 1d20+4+5+ED; 5d8+8
Giant: 1d20+4+1+LVL+ED; 5d10+2d8+14

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Greatness: gain when hit
(Feature) Empowered by Fate: +1 relationship pt with Emperor. On any 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(Feature) Strength of Many: super strength, -10 DC on STR checks; gain power stunt
(Feature) Unarmed Attacks: 1d8 unarmed damage; always have two-weapon fighting; improvise 2h heavy weapons
(Talent) Confidence: fear immunity; gain greatness instead when affected by fear
(Talent) Stride the World: Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
(Talent) Titan Grapple: Can grab as standard action with STR vs. PD

Feats:
(A) Empowered by Fate: On my relationship 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(A) Indomitable: +STR to Indomitable saves
(A) Strength of Many: -7 DC on STR checks, extra d12 for power stunt
(A) Titan Grapple: Grab as if Large creature 
(C) Swordbreaker: Recharge 11+
(C) Strength of Many: -10 DC on STR checks, 2d6 for power stunt

Powers: 
Racial: Quick to Fight: Roll 2x for initiative, take best
Catching Mice: Requires greatness, quick action. Grab vs. PD
Giant Strike: Targets non-staggered non-mook. +target's level to hit, +CON to damage
Indomitable: Requires greatness, interrupt. Roll save at +4 against condition or effect
Swordbreaker: Recharge 11+, interrupt attack vs. PD when hit in melee. Reduce damage to attacker's level, they take half damage and are dazed (save ends)
Dragon's Rend: Recharge 16+, spend greatness, targets grabbed enemy's PD. +CON to damage, plus 1d3 * 5 ongoing on even roll and weakened (SE) on 16+, but they are no longer grabbed and can make free disengage check
Armorbreaker: Recharge 16+, spend greatness. Attack vs. PD, +CON to damage (half on miss) and target is stuck on odd roll/dazed on even roll, and vulnerable on 16+ (hard SE)

Equipment:
Robes, short bow, fists of the dragon
Greatsword of Haughtiness: +2d8 damage against most dangerous foe in a battle
Armor of Stone Flesh: +1 PD
Gauntlets of Spell Deflection: Recharge 16+. Parry spell with STR attack vs. MD

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 9, 2015

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
every drat time

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Also just went back and edited my original main sheet with stuff. Haven't decided my new Icon yet either.

pre:
Temur Arderne
HP: 80/80   Command Points:1   Recoveries: 9/9 (5d8+6)
AC 23     PD 18     MD 19
Pilum +1(MBA): 1d20+3+5+1+ED; 5d8+7, 5 Miss
Verutum(RBA): 1d20+2+5+ED; 5d6+2

At Will			Encounter			Daily/Recharge
Rally Now: 1CP          [ ]Hold The Line                [ ]Tactician Daily
Save Now!: 1CP                                          [ ]Advanced Tactical Strike(16+)
Try Again: 2CP                                          [ ]Basic Tactical Strike(11+)
Fight From The Front                                    [ ]Just Stay Calm(16+)
Weigh the Odds						[ ]Buck Up(16+)
							[ ]Potion Belt(16+)
Conditionals
Greater Striking: Pilum attacks deal +1d8 damage when Esc Die is 3+

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 30, 2015

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Lavi

Felyne Paladin/Fighter

One Unique Thing: A scale from the Great Gold Wyrm has been passed down through my clan for generations; I hold it now as a good luck charm.
New Unique Thing: Heir to the Champion of the Great Gold Wyrm.

Icon Relationships
The Great Gold Wyrm, Conflicted Positive 2:
The Three, Negative 2:

Backgrounds:
Monster Carving and Crafting +4
"That's so tasty!" +2
With Catlike Tread +2

pre:
Lavi
Level 5 Halfling Felyne Paladin/Fighter

STR  17		(+3)		Max Hit Points: 80 
CON  15		(+2)		Max Recoveries: 9+1
DEX  14		(+2)		Recovery value: 5d10 + 2
INT  8		(-1)		Armour Class: 23 (Base 16, Level 5, Mod 2)
WIS  12		(+1)		PD: 17	MD: 18
CHA  17		(+3)		Initiative: +7

+2 Constitution from race, +2 Charisma from class.
+1 to Strength, Constitution, and Charisma from Level 4.

Race Features
	Small:
		 +2 AC bonus against opportunity attacks.
	Evasive:
		Once per battle, force an enemy that hits you with an attack
		 to reroll the attack at -2 penalty.

Class Features
	Smite Monster: (Paladin)
		You can use this talent once per battle, plus an additional
		number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.
		As a free action before you make a paladin attack roll, you
		can declare that you're using a Smite Monster attack.
		Add +1d12 to the damage roll AND deal half damage with the
		attack if it misses.
	Adventurer Feat 
		Your Smite Monster attacks gain a +4 attack bonus.

Extra Tough: (Fighter)
		You start with nine recoveries instead of the usual eight.

Threatening (Fighter)
		Whenever an enemy attempts to disengage from you, it takes 
		a penalty to it's check equal to your Dexterity or Constitution 
		modifier, whichever is higher. The penalty doesn't apply if you 
		are stunned, grabbed, or otherwise incapable of making an 
		opportunity attack.

Talents - 2 Paladin Talents, +1 at lv 6, 9	1 Fighter Talent, +1 at lv 7
	Implacable: (Paladin)
		You can roll saves at the start of your turn instead of at the
		end of your turn. A successful save against ongoing damage,
		for example, means that you will not take the ongoing damage
		that turn.
	Adventurer Feat
		You gain a +1 bonus to saves.

Well Cooked BBQ: (Lay on Hands, Paladin)
		Twice per day as a quick action, you can heal yourself or an ally
		next to you with a tasty snack. You spend the recovery while the
		recipient heals as if they had spent the recovery.
	Adventurer Feat:
		Add twice your Charisma modifier to the healing provided by
		Well Cooked BBQ.
	Champion Feat
		Well Cooked BBQ uses a free recovery instead of your own.

Skilled Intercept: (Fighter)
		Once per round as a free action, roll a normal save to intercept an
		enemy who is moving to attack one of your nearby allies. You can
		pop free from one enemy and intercept the attack. (if you are engaged
		with more than one enemy, the others can take opportunity attacks
		against you).
		The moving enemy makes its attack with you as a target instead. 
		If you're wearing heavy armor and the attack hits, you only take half 
		damage.

Powers - 5 Lv 3 Fighter Maneuvers
	Carve an Opening - Natural Odd melee hit/miss
		Your crit range with melee attacks expands by a cumulative +1 this
		battle until you score a melee critical hit. When you score a melee
		critical hit, your crit range drops back to normal.

Deadly Assault - Natural even melee/ranged hit
		Reroll any 1s from damage roll. You're stuck with rerolls.

Defensive Fighting - Natural 16+ melee hit/miss
		You gain +2 bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
	Adventurer Feat
		You also gain the bonus to Physical Defense.

Hack & Slash - Natural Even melee hit/miss, Escalation 2+
		Make another melee weapon attack against a different target. You can
		use this maneuver only once per round.

Steady Now - Natural Even melee miss
		You gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Gear
	Heavy Jaggi Armor: 
		Armor made from Jaggi parts. Their supple skin makes for
		good protection.

+2 Greataxe of Protection - "Demonbind"
		When you make a basic attack with this weapon, gain a +5 bonus 
		to all defenses until the end of your next turn. (Recharge 6+) 
		Quirk: Has urges to watch over the helpless or innocent.

Heavy Bowgun:
		A formidable weapon of impressive size. Well-suited for 
		practicing bowgun techniques.

Belt of the Champion Growing Heroism
		You get +1 maximum recoveries, and 1/battle, if someone else 
		is hit by an attack, you can take half the damage instead and
		recharge one use of Lay on Hands Well Cooked BBQ
		(At the end adventure, +2 recoveries and autoheal on 0 HP 1/day)

Wild Heart Ring
		Animals accept you and may even show you affection. The 
		animals, however, still react normally if you threaten 
		them, and well-trained guard animals are especially wary
		of you. Quirk: Seems out of place in civilization.
pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 4
Stats		1/Battle	1/Day		 Natural Roll
HP	80/60	[ ] Evasive	[ ][ ]  BBQ	 Odd: +1 Crit range until Crit
AC	23	[ ] Smite	[ ][ ][ ] Smite	 Even Esc +2: Make another attack (1/round)
PD	17	[ ] Belt	[ ] Sword	 Even miss: +Con THP
MD	18					 16+: +2 AC/PD
Recoveries 9/9 (5d10+2)				 Even hit (R ok): Reroll 1s	
Melee Attack: +10 vs AC; 4d10+6 damage
Ranged Attack: +7 vs AC: 4d8+4 damage; move reload
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn, +1 to saves.
Threatening: -2 to disengage from me, unless I'm stunned, grappled, or unable to make OAs.
Skilled Intercept: 1/round normal save: pop free from 1 enemy; take half damage.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 6, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Captain_Indigo? Where you at, man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hey sockerbagarn, I checked the book and it looks like I wrote it down incorrectly. The vampire shouldn't have been able to attack you so...
We can either retcon it and give back the THP and remove weakened status, or you can bank it for a DM gently caress up re-roll.

• Locked thread