Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Twelve is totally up for finding a dude. Just let me know what I need to do in order to do it and I'll make a post :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
<Whycalibur> I'm flying home for the next 20 or so hours, skip me as needed

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Thank you, Sorry I haven't been able to get on IRC lately, regretfully the fight post may take a while, I work late today.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Say, Captain Indigo, I don't think you rolled your RAGE recharge roll.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
hey, I'll understand if you want me to tone down the effect of Power Stunt given that I didn't make an attack roll, but if I can't suplex a dragon what am I even doing here

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Paging captain indigo. I was waiting for a bit to see what he did, but I'll post for him in, oh, 5 or 6 hours, depending on if my internet gets fixed.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I'm on my ipad, I don't have access to IRC, but I do have an icon point and a giant brick with the symbol of the Wyrm in a cat's paw. Ideas?

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

The way I see it there are two ways to change Aurelion's disposition. Either we find some way to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the dragon was slain by us while he was busy napping in his camp or we compel his company to search for whatever ounce of honor they think they have in their bodies. It's probably easier to do the latter, especially if we prove that Lavi is the descendant of the champion of the Golden Wyrm, but if we manage to do that I doubt that they will want to take credit for the kill and we'll lose out on the sweet blackmail money.

I've still got my terror spell left and I'm a ritual caster, might be useful for putting some ideas into the paladins' heads as to what happens to those that lie and cheat under the roof of the Golden Citadel.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Man, I'm not even interested in the blackmail money. I dunno about slaying dragons pro bono but I'd happily take a pay cut to see this rear end in a top hat get what he deserves. Maybe a magically enhanced bluff check from Lavi in conjunction with the brick? Like, "don't make me summon my ancestor to judge you craven jerks."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Sounds good to me, let's put this guy on potato-peeling duty for the rest of his career.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Potato peeling will be an upgrade for Aurelion the Paladin of the Golden Wyrm, w/r/t icon 5 there is no magic item I want more than him cleaning the Cathedral's toilets until the end of time.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, captain walker. Just post about calling in your favor with Rurik or Peddy, and what you expect out of it.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
It's probably time to think of a new fifth. Before I put up a post in the recruit thread, is there anything in particular you guys want?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I think between what we have we could pretty reasonably take on anyone.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
We've got a tank, a melee striker, and two squishy arcane artillery engines of death. We don't have much in the way of buffs ATM, outside of Lavi's tasty ribs. I would suggest a melee support class: bard, commander, occultist, maybe cleric if you're boring.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Right, recruitment is now open, leaning vaguely towards a Melee support class. All you new folks, please make a level 3 character.

The IRC channel is a good place for build advice and complaining about the GM, join us at #sadragonslayers

Edit: I'll close recruitment in, oh, 3-5 days, depending on how the game is moving.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 5, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
"Hey, man, how can I help you find the Word today?"

CIRO SEATOOTH

Nothing good ever comes from Omen, the legends around the Midland Sea claim. Twenty-eight years ago, a rowboat bumped up against the docks in Santa Cora. Its only occupant was a human baby, tucked in a tackle box that had been turned into a makeshift cradle. Based on the winds and currents, there was only one place the boat could have come from.

Had he washed up anywhere else, he probably would have been drowned on the spot. Superstition is a powerful thing. Instead, the fishermen of Santa Cora brought him up to the Cathedral, for answers. At the behest of the Priestess herself, he was taken in, to be trained as an acolyte and to see what became of him. As he grew up, he displayed a passion for helping people and an equal one for spreading the messages of the Gods--a combination which, in the end, revealed that there really was only one course he could take.

The Order of the Holy Ushers of the Cathedral of Santa Cora is the most prominent religious order out of many, charged with the defense and shepherding of the faiths of Cathedral, and financed in collection by the myriad denominations. In their ubiquitous red-and-gold coats, pants, and pillbox hats, they have guided pilgrims and truth-seekers for Ages gone by. If the Priestess' creation is threatened, either physically or metaphysically, they are her last line of defense, always with a cheerful smile and a will to help. It was into the ranks of this order that the young man from Omen was ordained, and given a name to last him his whole life--Ciro Seatooth. In the days since then he's risen through the ranks with meteoric capability, showing a fondness for flash, panache, and the art of persuasion. It was this combination of abilities that brought him to the attention of the higher-ups of the Ushers--he was ordered to go out into the world, broaden his horizons, and ideally look for some kind of answers as to why he'd come from where he had.

Since then, the chatty young Usher has toured the length and breadth of the Empire, hobnobbing with the great and powerful, poking through ancient libraries, and getting into spats with those who he can't manage to talk his way through--usually followers of the Crusader, who he’s often caught at doctrinal differences with. He's no closer to finding his truth, but he's come to realize what he wants out of life--fame. Ciro is at heart a glory hound, keenly aware of his ominous history and wanting to show the world that he wasn't fated to become something awful just because of where he was born. Plus, it would help spread the gospel! So, with this plan in mind, Ciro Seatooth finds himself at the door of the Dragon Slayers. Dragons aren’t exactly kind to the people around them... and what could make you more famous than slaying a dragon, after all?

OUT: Ciro is the only human to ever come from the cursed isle of Omen.

+2 Priestess: Ciro owes his life, his upbringing, and probably a good chunk of his future to the Priestess and her followers. His devotion is absolute, and in the opposite direction, they're always willing to lend him a hand in his quest.
~1 Crusader: Though the ends of the Crusader and the Priestess are often aligned, the means are rarely so, and Ciro has made a habit of debating policy with every one of his followers he meets. Usually it's amicable enough.

quote:

Ciro Seatooth, Human Cleric 3
HP: 40/40 Recoveries: 8
AC: 18 PD: 15 MD: 16
STR: 14|2 CON: 12|1 DEX: 10|0
INT: 10|0 WIS:18|4 CHA: 14|2
Melee Attack: 1d20+5 vs. AC ; 3d6+2 ; Miss 3
Ranged Attack: 1d20+3 vs. AC ; 3d6+0 ; Miss 0

Backgrounds:
Usher of Cathedral +3
Wandering Ministry +3
Wave Rider +2

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Heal: TPB as a quick action, me or one nearby ally can use a recovery.
(Feature) Ritual Magic: Spells can be cast as ritual.
(Domain) Healing: When I cast a spell that lets myself or an ally use a recovery, the target adds hitpoints equal to twice my level.
(Invocation) Healing: OPD. Gain an additional use of Heal this battle. The first Heal cast after this invocation is free instead of costing a recovery.
(Domain) Justice: OPT when an enemy scores a crit on myself/nearby ally OR drops myself/nearby ally below 0 HP, I gain an attack-reroll blessing. This must immediately go to a nearby ally as a free action. They can reroll one attack this battle as a free action. They can only have one such blessing at once.
(Invocation) Justice: OPD. This battle, add double my level to mine and nearby allies' miss damage.
(Domain) Protection: OPB, affect two additional allies when casting a broad effect spell.
(Invocation) Protection: OPD. This battle, critical hits against me and nearby allies deal normal damage.

Feats:
Heal, Adventurer.: Heal target can be nearby instead of next to me.
Javelin of Faith, Adventurer.: JoF deals +1d6 damage vs. undamaged targets. Increases per level.
Domain of Healing, Adventurer: Allies I heal can use my recoveries if they want.
Domain of Protection, Adventurer: One ally can make a save any time I cast a spell on an ally.

Spells (Current):
Spirits of the Righteous, 3: Ranged, OPB. One nearby enemy. Attack: 1d20 + Wisdom + level vs. MD. Hit: 4d6 + Wisdom holy damage, and my nearby ally with lowest HP gains +4 AC until EONT.
Bless, 3: Ranged, Daily, Quick. Power: One nearby ally gains +2 Attack until end of battle. Broad: Up to three nearby creatures (including self) gain +1 Attack until end of battle. All targets also gain 1d10 temp HP per point of attack bonus.
Javelin of Faith, 1: Ranged, At-Will. One nearby enemy. Attack: 1d20 + Wisdom + level vs. PD. Hit: 3d6 + Wisdom holy damage. Miss: Damage = level.
Shield of Faith, 1: Ranged, Daily, Quick. Power: One nearby ally gains +2 AC until end of battle. Broad: Up to three nearby creatures (including self) gain +1 AC and PD until end of battle.
Hammer of Faith, 3: Close-Quarters, Daily, Quick. Until the end of the battle, Melee Basic uses d12s as its dice.

Let me know if you see anything out of place here--I've never built a cleric before.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 6, 2015

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
What classes are already picked so far?

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Let's see, we've got a Paladin, Necromancer, Wizard-ish, and Stalwart?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Charles Montgomery Mountjoy

As a young lad Charles Mountjoy pledged his service to the Dragon Emperor. He became a squire for one of the Emperor's many knights. He worked hard and earned his right to become a knight himself one day. He served the Emperor faithfully until the day the Emperor died. The Emperor's child took the throne, and Charles passed his oaths on to the new Emperor. He continued to serve, gaining fame and renown, teaching his own squires, and watching with pride as his own son took the oaths and followed the path of Squire and Knight.

He rose in the ranks, serving in the army, and in time leading many men in battle. He watched with pride as his grandson, Charles Montgomery Mountjoy the third, was born. And he watched with great grief as his son fell in battle. He became distant, but he still served. More battles, more monsters and creatures that man did not want to dwell upon were fought. Dragons and Knights did battle. And in time the Dragon Emperor once more succumbed to death. Grimly Charles gave his oaths to the new Dragon Emperor, the third generation of that line that he would serve. And in time his grandsom grew into a man, giving his oaths and serving as Squire and Knight , despite Charles' protests. He did not want to see his grandson fall like he had seen his son, but how could he stop him? The boy wanted to honor his father, and his grandfather.

The boy served well, and in time Charles retired. Living a quiet life, living off his retirement funds, and trying to enjoy what few years were left to him. Then again he should have retired quite decades ago. His quiet retirement is shattered however when he learns of the death of his grandson. In battle with a terrible dragon. The beasts had taken the last joy from Mountjoy. And so grimly he picked up his weapon, his armor, and set out to hunt them down. He may not be the soldier, the knight, he once was, but his skills at leading men in battle have not quite withered away entirely in his retirement.

OUT: Charles is the oldest human still alive, having outlived more than one Emperor.

+2 The Emperor: Charles has been serving the Emperor since the day the Emperor became the Emperor, and he served the Emperor's father before him, and the Emperor's Father's Father.
~1 The Three: Charles has dealt with more than his fair share of the Three's minions in his long life, and while he may be a bit rusty he is still a thorn in their side.

pre:
Charles Montgomery Mountjoy, Human Commander 3
HP: 45/45 Recoveries: 8
AC: 17 PD: 15 MD: 17
STR: 16|3 CON: 14|2 DEX: 10|0
INT: 10|0 WIS:14|2 CHA: 16|3
Melee Attack: 1d20+6 vs. AC ; 3d6+3 ; Miss 3
Ranged Attack: 1d20+3 vs. AC ; 3d6+0 ; Miss 0

Backgrounds:
Older Than an Age, or Two +4
Grizzled Old Soldier +4

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Command & Command Points: Start with 1 command point at the start of combat.  Commands used on
an allies turn.
(Feature) Fight From the Front: When hit with a commander melee attack during my turn gain 1d3 command points.
(Feature) Weigh the Odds: Gain 1d4 command points.
(Feature) Tactics: Tactics used on my turn.  Start with a total of 4 commands and tactics, not 4 each.
(Talent) Sword of Victory: When your melee attack drops a non-mook enemy to 0 hp, or drops three or more mooks, 
you gain 1 command point.
(Talent) Forceful Command: When I give a command that lets an ally roll a d20 (an attack, a save, etc.),
can spend additional command points before the roll up to the escalation die value, or 1 point if the escalation 
die is still 0.  That ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll for each point spent this way.
(Talent) Moment of Glory: When I roll initiative I also roll a d4 and record it, as a free action I can add the 
result to a single attack roll made by one of my allies later this battle.  (It's a free action, so I can add
the result after seeing the roll.)

Feats:
Forceful Command, Adventurer.: Now start with an additional command point 
Try Again, Adventurer.: If the escalation die is 3+, the target gains a bonus to the reroll equal 
to my Charisma modifier.
Fight From the Front, Adventurer: now gain 1d4 command points when you hit with a melee 
attack during your turn instead of 1d3.
Rally Now, Adventurer: The target also adds hit points equal to your Charisma modifier to the 
recovery. (Double your Charisma modifier at 5th level; triple it at 8th level.)

Commands:
Rally Now, 1: Interrupt. Cost 1 command point.  One nearby ally, on their turn. Special: If I spend an 
additional command point on this command I can target an unconscious ally with it.  The ally can
rally as a free action this turn.
Try Again, 1: Interrupt.  Cost 2 command points.  One nearby ally that made the attack roll, on that ally's turn.  Ally 
can reroll the attack but must use the new result.  
You Set Them Up, I Finish, 1:  Interrupt, cost 4 command points.  One nearby ally, on the ally's turn, that hits an 
enemy I can see with an attack this turn.  Effect:  Add my Cha mod (+3) to the damage dealt by my ally 
(double cha mod at 5th level, triple at 8th).  In addition, during my next turn I gain a +2 attack bonus with
melee attacks against the enemy that my ally hit.

Tactics:  
Basic Tactical Strike, 1: Quick Action, Recharge 11+ after battle. One nearby ally, can make a  basic attack as a free action.
Outmaneuver, 1: close-quarters, Quick, 1/round, at will. Limited use can only use this tactic when have 0 command points, 
targets the nearby enemy with the highest Mental Defense, Cha+level (1d20+6) vs MD.  On a hit I gain 1 command point.
Finish This!, 3:  Quick action when escalation die is 4+, Recharge 16+ after battle.  Limited use, can only use this tactic 
when one enemy is left in the battle.  Effect:  Can spend between 1 and 3 command points, the crit range of my allies' 
attacks against the remaining enemy expands by the number of command points I spent.  This effect lasts until the 
end of the battle or until the enemy scores two critical hits.

Gear:
Mace (1d6 1hand)
Light Chain Mail Armor (light armor)
Trusty Shield (shield)
Javelins (1d6 thrown)

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 6, 2015

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Hey, here's a bard. Now you got one of each!

Heroes, oh heroes, they come from near and far
Heroes, they're heroes, no matter what they are!
Dwarf or Elf or Human, Gnome or undead too,
If you act the hero, then the hero, it is YOU!

-Willi Winto, 'Song of Heroes'

In years past, the name of Willi Winto was known far and wide. The Bard of Lore, the Gnome of a Thousand Tales, he delighted the rich and the poor alike with his whimsical tales and songs. It was said that Willi could turn any event, large or small, into a thrilling ballad, and any man into a hero. His fame grew and grew, until one night, on the eve of his performance before the Emperor's court in Axis, he vanished.

The courtiers sent to retrieve him from his inn found no trace of him. Although the innkeeper swore that Willi had gone up to his room late the previous night, his bed had not been slept in, and none of his possessions- not his flute, not his Book of Stories- could be found. No one had seen him leaving the city, and an eventual inquiry with his mother in Horizon turned up nothing. He appeared in no bars, called on none of his many noble friends. Willi Winto had seemingly vanished off the face of the world.

Some said that it was stage fright, that Willi had feared to play before the Emperor and was now drinking away his shame at a bar in Shadow Port, or living as a hermit in the Queen's Wood. But the gnome had performed for many great lords, and had never seemed anything but completely at ease. Stage fright? His friends scoffed. So far as they knew, Willi was not frightened of anything, or anyone. More likely he was taken by some great inspiration, and was now working in solitude to finish a great ballad or story. No doubt soon he would appear in Axis, and, coming before the Emperor, weave a tale unequaled in all the land.

When months passed and Willi did not reappear, such hopes faded. A funeral was held in Horizon, attended by his forlorn mother and brothers, as well as many of his closest friends. It was the secret hope of many of the attendees that Willi, seeing an opportunity for a dramatic reentry to the spotlight, would show up at the ceremony himself. And indeed he did, but he was not the same.

The gnome that walked down the aisle towards his own empty casket clutched his Book of Stories and his flute, and the same bright smile was on his face. Yet, there was something off about him. He was deathly pale, for one thing. A weird, manic light shone in his eyes, for another. Finally, and most distressingly, the mark of the Lich King had been scored deeply into the cover of the Book. Those who recognized it drew back in horror.

Willi stepped up next to his casket, turned around to face the frozen congregation, and began to speak.

"Friends, colleagues, family. I know you must be shocked to see me after so long! Please, forgive me, and take heart! I've found a new purpose, a new source of tales to amaze you, and songs to inspire you!"

He held up the Book, so that all could see the mark scratched on its cover.

"The Lich King! Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. A pretty bad guy, right? Wrong! I've spent months with the fellow, and let me tell you something: he's blameless, spotless, a veritable saint! A Victim of bad press, of vicious lies told by a few flying lizards upset that he put down one of their monstrous kin. And a victim of unfair discrimination against the unliving! A real tragedy, my friends. Why, I come here before you as unliving as he is, and don't I look a picture?"

He grinned widely, revealing gums drained of blood. Several in the audience gasped involuntarily.

"My new friend, he said to me, do me a favor, Willi. Go into the world, and tell them the truth. Tell them that the Lich King's so very sad, just inconsolable, that everyone in the Dragon Empire has such a low opinion of him. And I said to him, yes, I'll do that. And I did, and am.

Now, I don't expect you to change your minds just like that. I'll prove it, that's the other bit. I'm going to go out there and do good- fight monsters, save folks, battle against the true enemies of the Empire- and all the while, I'm going to tell the people that the Lich King isn't such a bad guy after all. I'll tell tales, stories from great antiquity, that he told me. Stories like you've never heard! The world is old, my friends, very old, but he's seen all of it.

Now, I must get to work. I suppose I'll have to learn to use a sword or something. You all have a great day!" He walked out. His mother burst into tears.

Although at times accosted by agents of the empire, and ever watched for signs of villainy by the forces of light, Willi seemed to be as good as his word. He battled monsters, defended innocents, and never once raised a hand against those who did not deserve it. His newly potent powers of spellcraft were used, if anything, more ethically than by the majority of mages. He was the very model of a champion of justice, save that he refused to work against or speak ill of the Lich King. He was also undeniably a walking corpse.

There are strange things in the world, yet none are stranger than Willi, the Bard of the Risen King.

OUT: Lich King Public Relations

Positive 1- Lich King: Obviously. The forces of the Lich King come at Willi's calling and act according to his will, usually in a positive and constructive manner. This is pretty unique, but Willi seems oblivious to what the Lich King's minions get up to when they're not rebuilding orphanages on his behalf.
Negative 2- The Three: The other personality trait that Willi seems to have spontaneously developed is a hatred for dragons, and The Three in particular. He insists that the Lich King's bad rep is largely due to their manipulations, and his stated ultimate goal is removing the Blue from her place of power in Drakkenhall.
Conflicted 1- The Emperor: And the Empire in general. Willi himself would say that there's nothing conflicted about it; he is a loyal servant of the empire. And all his actions seem to confirm this. But the citizens of the empire aren't entirely on board with the whole 'undead abomination' thing.

quote:

Willi Winto- Gnome Bard 3
HP: 45/45 Recoveries: 8
AC: 17 PD: 15 MD: 15
STR: 8|-1 CON: 14|2 DEX: 16|3
INT: 12|1 WIS: 10|0 CHA: 18|4

Melee Attack: 1d20+6 vs. AC ; 3d8+3 ; Miss 3
Ranged Attack: 1d20+6 vs. AC ; 3d6+3 ; Miss 0

Backgrounds:
Tale-teller: +4
Knowledge of Forgotten Ages: +2
Raised to Undeath: +1
Student(?) of a Great Mage: +3

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Bardic Songs
(Feature) Battle Cries
(Feature) Spells
(Talent) Jack of Spells: Choose one spell of your level or lower from the spell list of another class. This is a bonus spell.
(Talent) Loremaster (B, C): Take two additional background points, can add up to 6 points to one background; Take a single bonus relationship point with either the Lich King or the Archmage.
(Talent) Spellsinger: Choose an extra bardic song or spell at the highest level you know.

Racial Abilities:
Small: +2 bonus against opportunity attacks
Confounding: OPB, when you roll a natural 16+ on an attack, daze the target UEONT
Minor Illusions: At will, standard action- create a strong smell or noise nearby

Feats:
Jack of Spells, Adventurer: Use Charisma for your jacked spell's attack bonus and damage bonus. Wizard jacked spell: gain three cantrips, cast as standard actions.
Hang Tough, Adventurer: If ally is staggered, double Hang Tough temporary HP.
Vicious Mockery, Adventurer: Hit effect is now save ends.

Battle Cries:
It's All Yours: Natural even miss- The next ally to attack the target you missed gains +2 to hit.
Pull it Together: Natural 11+ roll, twice per battle- One nearby ally can heal using a recovery.
Hang Tough: Natural odd roll- Give a nearby ally THP equal to your charisma modifier (+4). If ally is staggered, double THP.

Spells and Songs:
Cantrips: Knock, Mage Hand, Mending
Song of Heroes, 1: Bardic song, 11+ to recharge- Quick action each turn; 11+ to sustain. You and nearby allies gain +1 attack bonus until the start of your next turn. final verse: The effect ends immediately, but one ally gains a +2 bonus on their next attack roll this battle.
Song of Aid, 3: Bardic song, daily- Quick action each turn; 11+ to sustain. You or a nearby ally gains 3d6 THP. final verse: One target that gained THP can also heal using a recovery.
Soundburst, 3: Ranged, daily- 1d4 nearby enemies in a group, 1d20+7 vs PD. Hit: 6d8+4 thunder damage, and the target is dazed UEONT. Miss: Half damage, and allies engaged with the target take 3 thunder damage.
Vicious Mockery, 3: Ranged, 11+ to recharge- One nearby enemy, 1d20+7 vs MD. Hit: 6d6+4 psychic damage, and when the target misses with one of its attacks, it takes half the damage the attack would have dealt (save ends). Miss: 3 damage.
Sleep, Wizard 3: Ranged, daily- Roll 3d20+45 hp to determine max total hp of monsters targeted by this spell, 1d20+7 vs MD. Hit: Target falls unconscious (hard save ends 16+, target also wakes up if it takes more than 10 damage). Miss: Target is dazed UEONT.

Gear:
Longsword (1d8 1 hand)
Brightly-colored padded jacket (Light armor)
Shield (shield, not equipped)
Light crossbow (crossbow, 1d6)
Book of Stories Lich's Lore- reroll a Cha, Wis, or Int skill check- recharge 16+
Flute (probably evil)

Shark Mafia fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 8, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

withdrawn

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 6, 2015

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Reposting my ranger from the original recruitment.

Kasem
And his good pal, Messick

One Unique Thing: Father of the Priestess and the High Druid

"I was a wandering vagabond not to long ago, who caught the eye of more then a few fair maidens in the course of my travels. Honestly I probably have more children, just I do not know them. I do know two of them grew into undeniably important and powerful people. They're my darling daughters, both following their hearts in their own way, doing what they think is right for themselves and the world. What? Oh, why am I here and not with them? Well... I knew from start that I'd be a terrible father. An unskilled vagabond who's only notable talent is a fondness for the road and life? ...No I couldn't be a farmer, don't be ridiculous! Me, in overalls, milking a cow and harvesting wheat? Ugh... Where was I? Ah yes, I am a wanderer at heart and to be true to myself I followed it where ever the winds took me, leaving them in the competent hands of their mothers. What? No, they love me, I am their beloved father who visits on occasion just to spend time with them, showering them with gifts and doting on them as I'm told a loving father does. ...No I haven't been kicked out from their homes for being a wastrel!"

Backgrounds:

Silver Tongued Heart Breaker (+4) - Kasem has paved a path through the Empire, mostly with hearts of lovely maidens and the good temper of their fathers. Also useful for things like haggling, entertaining for small change, and convincing the guards just to escort Kasem out of town when eventually found in someone else's bed.

Vagabond Extraordinaire (+3) - Since he left the place of his birth Kasem has lived the life of a vagabond, wandering without roof over head or a reliable source of food, becoming an expert dabbler in the arts of keeping oneself alive. Knowing how to get food for himself when no one's around to sweet talk has led to Kasem being a competent outdoorsman, along side some more esoteric arts of bums and beggars.

Monastery Upbringing (+1) - Though Kasem wants everyone (himself included) to believe that he has simply always wandered the world , in truth he was born and raised in a small secluded abbey within the Dragon Wood. Despite his own best efforts to overwhelm his senses and memories with other things, Kasem still retains some very basic facts that were drilled into him at a young age. Some habits die hard, habits instilled by habit-ed nuns die even harder.

Icon Relationships:

High Druid, Conflicted - 1 Point: "I always got along well with those attuned to nature. Being a good friend with a spirit of nature does give one a leg up on that, and I'm none too shabby in the woods. Frankly if it wasn't for my little honey-badger wanting nothing to do with me, and telling her friends to chase me out, I'd likely stay in the Wild Wood quite often. Lovely place, plenty of free spirits like myself."

Priestess, Conflicted - 1 Point: "Ah, my little angel has the patience of a Saint. Which makes sense I suppose. But it seems even Saints have limited patience. I can see her point that I was doing nothing for... almost three years I think? Kicking me out of Cathedral and informing even the poor houses I was not to be given bed without coin was a bit harsh of a response, I think. Oh well, I believe it was mostly outside stress. Still best to give her some space."

Elf Queen, Conflicted - 1 Point: "Oh yes, I am decently known in the Elven Court. A bit of advice that I'm even shocked to hear myself say, but be careful who's bed you share, one can never know who they are in the open. The Elves darling Queen wasn't exactly thrilled to hear she had a new half sister, and I imagine less thrilled that her sister has caused her some political troubles with the Imperials. And judging from how terse she was with me I think she blames some of it on me. ...Trying to treat her like a child of my own probably didn't help."

pre:
Kasem
Level 3 Holy One Ranger

STR 12		(+1)		Max Hit Points: 45
CON 14		(+2)		Max Recoveries: 8
Dex 16  	(+3)		Recovery value: 3d8 + 2
INT  8		(-1)		Armor Class: 19
WIS 12          (+1)		PD: 16	MD: 14
CHA 16          (+3)		Initiative: +6

Race Features
	Halo:
	Once per battle as a free action during my turn, gain +2 to all defenses until hit 
        (or the end of the encounter)

Talents
	Animal Companion: Messick, Loyal Spirit Wolf
                Statistics: 36 HP; 18 AC, 12 PD, 16 MD; Attack: +7 vs AC, 2d6 damage; Acts After Master 
                Advantage: +1 to attacks against enemies attacked by master/enemies engaged with master
                Adventurer Tier Feat:Animal Companion benefits from the Escalation Die
                Adventurer Tier Feat:Once Per Battle, make an enemy's successful disengage from the Companion
                                                       become a failure.

Ranger Ex Cathedral
		Gain One Daily/Recharge Cleric Spell of my Level or lower, change spell every Full Heal-Up
                Adventurer Tier Feat:Cast the cleric spell feature Heal once per battle

Gear
	Great Spear
	Longbow
        Quiver of Arrows
        Hide Armor
        Bindle of Knickknacks and Mementos
        25 gold

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hey, I'm heavily considering having Lavi start multiclassing into something that will give him options other than Smite (y/n). Any good recommendations? Kind of want to stay tanky if possible. (and if the new player already has that class, I won't double up)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Krysmphoenix posted:

Hey, I'm heavily considering having Lavi start multiclassing into something that will give him options other than Smite (y/n). Any good recommendations? Kind of want to stay tanky if possible. (and if the new player already has that class, I won't double up)

Paladin synergizes very well with Commander, but we have a player apping Commander already, iirc.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
In the other direction, if you want to become King Tank of Tanktown, Fighter would allow you to soak and disregard tons of damage and also intercept attacks.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Xoba Mythrobber, Kobold Bard
Kobold race is from here, vetted by M.c.P in IRC

Few people bother to learn anything about kobolds, content with the knowledge that they're little more than nasty, dragon-obsessed vermin and, ultimately, nothing more than minor obstacles for adventurers. In reality, kobolds have a rich cultural traditions. Each warren trains a Mythspeaker out of every couple generations: a kobold who will be trained in the oral history of his warren, who will act as their leader in crises, guiding and leading the warren by retelling stories from their history.

Xoba grew up the Shark Tooth Bay Warren, which worships an immense Sea Dragon. Not quite blue and not quite green, the Sea Dragon makes it home beneath the bay, where a series of underwater caves connect to the kobold warren. The kobolds live as scavengers and fisherman, bringing back hauls of fish to appease their draconic leader.

Like all dragons, the Sea Dragon had amassed a stockpile of treasures, and every year or so adventurers would make their way into the warren attempting to steal things. During one of these incursions by a pair of thieves, Xoba managed to distinguish himself by tossing sand into the eyes of one thief and tripping the other. This moments it took for the pair of thieves to recover were all it took for the rest of the warren to set upon them and stab them to death. After dragging the bodies to the Offering Altar where they bring all their gifts of food to the Sea Dragon, Xoba was heralded as a hero and treated with the highest honors. The Mythspeaker himself came to speak with Xoba, proclaiming that Xoba was to be trained as the replacement Mythspeaker.

Xoba had heard the stories of course, but he had never formally studied them and certainly never memorized them. As he did, he began to notice several disturbing themes among the warren's history. There were plenty of songs about kobolds bravely sacrificing themselves for the sake of protecting the dragon's hoard, or kobolds bravely sacrificing themselves when the dragon was hungry and they hadn't caught enough fish, or kobolds bravely sacrificing themselves when the dragon didn't look where it was swimming and capsized their rafts. But there weren't any songs about kobolds doing anything for themselves. Or doing anything about the fact that they, apparently, worshipped a being who didn't care about the kobolds one bit. "Why were these stories supposed to be inspiring, exactly?", he wondered. When Xoba brought his concerns up with the Mythspeaker, he was severely chastised. "We kobolds are lowly creatures", he was told, "unfit to concern themselves with the actions of our superiors." Xoba sullenly responded that he understood, though he still harbored rebellious thoughts as he continued his Mythspeaker training.

Finally, Xoba's training ended, and the day that he would take over as Mythspeaker had come. Instead of accepting the honor, Xoba had other plans. He announced to the entire warren that their stories were terrible things! They were designed to keep them under the dragon's control! "Kobolds had the potential to be great beings themselves!", he shouted, "We are only held back by our devotion to these terrible creatures!" Xoba expected to immediately sway the crowd and then lead them to their new, dragon-free lives. Instead, the elder Mythspeaker immediately dropped dead of shock and the crowd began hurling both rocks and insults at Xoba. The poor little rebel ran from his warren, dodging rocks as his former brothers and sisters chanted "Mythrobber" at him.

By indirectly killing the old Mythspeaker and then fleeing the warren, Xoba had stolen the culture and traditions of the Shark Tooth Bay Warren, a terrible crime among kobolds. While other races might not appreciate the significance of his sobriquet, any kobold will immediately know Xoba as a betrayer. Xoba wears the name with pride. Sure, he left his warren to fend for themselves with no guidance or knowledge of the rituals to placate the Sea Dragon, but it was all for a good cause. Xoba was going to become an adventurer, therefore proving that kobolds were more than vermin to the world, his warren, and himself. It's not long before he hears tales of a group of Dragon Slayers, and what better way to prove himself than to actually slay a dragon?

OOC refluffing and background/icon relationship explanation stuff:

Backgrounds:
+4 Mythrobber: Used for anything that knowledge of kobold culture could possible cover. Xoba might know some stories about other dragons. Definitely knows some about the Sea Dragon.
+4 Scrawny but Scrappy: Used for any sort of dirty tricks and underhanded tactics, as well as for using his small size to his advantage. Needs a better name, but that's all I could think of.
+2 Coastal Kobold: Used for any kind of swimming, seafaring, identifying tasty fish sorts of things.

Icon relationships:
The Three; 1 Negative: Xoba is pretty anti-dragon and pro-kobold, and as far as he is concerned, the Three are right at the top of the treats-kobolds-unfairly pyramid.
The Emperor; 1 Negative: Xoba doesn't really trust authority figures and the Emperor is the biggest authority figure there is. The Empire probably doesn't appreciate his efforts to stir up a kobold revolution either, even if they wouldn't be the targets of the uprising.
Great Gold Wyrm; 1 Conflicted: As far as Xoba is concerned, the GGW is just another giant reptile who bosses others around. But...it does seem like the GGW is genuinely devoted to good. But he's probably still a big jerk to kobolds.

The bard flexible attacks are basically going to be reflavored as using kobold pack tactics to help out his allies, like throwing sand in a bad guy's eyes or boosting their spirits with a story. Bardic songs are Xoba telling some of the Shark Tooth Bay Warren's stories, stories with real magical power.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 6, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Recruitment closes in 7-ish hours, ie. when I plan to get back from work.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Ryu Kazama
OUT: Kohryu, an aspect of the Silver Wyrm, resides in the elaborate tattoo on my back.
+-3 Emperor: As long as I draw breath, the Silver will live on, and peace will be had in Drakkenhall...but that peace is fragile in the bloodied hands of a partly-reformed criminal.
-1 Three: The Blue in particular wants me dead, dead, dead. The feeling's mutual.

Backgrounds:
+4 Dragon of Drakkenhall: As a former underworld enforcer, Kazama is experienced in more than just acts of violence, both implied and actually performed. He's good at sniffing out new contacts in an urban environment, making friends (or at least temporary allies) in his inimitable way, and evading pursuit.
+4 Soul of Kohryu: It's a giant, elaborate, highly intimidating back tattoo of the type typically worn by Tojo officers. That's not especially new but it's also a dragon. Not a stylized representation of one: an actual dragon, somehow bound to Kazama's body. At least Kohryu is generous with her wisdom; sensing magic and performing incredible feats of strength and speed are now everyday tasks for Kazama.

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 3
HP: 55/55    Recoveries: 8/8 (3d10+3)
AC 19(+0)     PD 18(+0)     MD 13(+0)
STR: 18|+4    CON: 16|+3    DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00    WIS: 14|+2    CHA: 12|+1
Melee: 1d20+8+ED; 3d10+4
Unarmed: 1d20+7+ED; 3d6+4

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Greatness: gain when hit
(Feature) Empowered by Fate: +1 relationship pt with Emperor. On any 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(Feature) Strength of Many: double carrying strength; gain power stunt
(Feature) Unarmed Attacks: 1d6 unarmed damage
(Talent) Colossal Stamina: +1 base HP
(Talent) Stride the World: Resist cold/fire 16+, vulnerable to poison
(Talent) Titan Grapple: Can grab as standard action with STR vs. PD

Feats:
(A) Empowered by Fate: On my relationship 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(A) Titan Grapple: Move as Large creature when grabbing/grabbed
(A) Colossal Stamina: d12 recoveries with greatness
(A) Bat Aside: Use on hit vs. PD

Powers: 
Quick to Fight: Roll 2x for initiative, take best
Bat Aside: Requires greatness. Halve damage from melee hit against AC/PD as interrupt
Catching Mice: Requires greatness. Grab vs. PD as quick action
Giant Strike: Targets non-staggered non-mook. +their level to hit, +CON to damage.
Indomitable: Requires greatness. When hit by save ends effect, roll immediate save
Rend: Recharge 16+, spend greatness.

Equipment:
Robes, dai-katana, short bow, fists of the dragon
Greatsword of Haughtiness: +1d4 damage against most dangerous foe in a battle
Armor of Stone Flesh: enhancement bonus to PD

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 9, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I bet you guys hear this a lot, but these were all really good submissions, and I'd open a second game for these guys if I had the time.

But alas, there can only be one. Congratulations to Willi Winto, played by Shark Mafia, for being the newest member of the dragon slayers!

Go ahead and post an introduction in the thread and roll your icon dice.
Also, you get a freebie to start you off at parity. Your Book of Lich's Lore grants you the following:
When you roll a skill check using Int, Wis, or Cha and dislike the result, re-roll the check (recharge 16+)
This may change and improve as the game progresses.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Hey, rad. I just recently got the 13th age book and I haven't had a chance to try playing it yet, it looks really fun! I'll be consulting the book a lot to make sure I'm doing things right so tell me if I gently caress something up

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Lavi

Felyne Paladin/Fighter

One Unique Thing: A scale from the Great Gold Wyrm has been passed down through my clan for generations; I hold it now as a good luck charm.
New Unique Thing: Heir to the Champion of the Great Gold Wyrm.

Icon Relationships
The Great Gold Wyrm, Conflicted 2:
The Three, Negative 1:

Backgrounds:
Monster Carving and Crafting +4
"That's so tasty!" +2
With Catlike Tread +2

pre:
Lavi
Level 4 Halfling Felyne Paladin/Fighter

STR  17		(+3)		Max Hit Points: 60 
CON  15		(+2)		Max Recoveries: 9+1
DEX  14		(+2)		Recovery value: 4d10 + 2
INT  8		(-1)		Armour Class: 22 (Base 16, Level 4, Mod 2)
WIS  12		(+1)		PD: 16	MD: 17
CHA  17		(+3)		Initiative: +6

+2 Constitution from race, +2 Charisma from class.
+1 to Strength, Constitution, and Charisma from Level 4.

Race Features
	Small:
		 +2 AC bonus against opportunity attacks.
	Evasive:
		Once per battle, force an enemy that hits you with an attack
		 to reroll the attack at -2 penalty.

Class Features
	Smite Monster: (Paladin)
		You can use this talent once per battle, plus an additional
		number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.
		As a free action before you make a paladin attack roll, you
		can declare that you're using a Smite Monster attack.
		Add +1d12 to the damage roll AND deal half damage with the
		attack if it misses.
	Adventurer Feat 
		Your Smite Monster attacks gain a +4 attack bonus.

Extra Tough: (Fighter)
		You start with nine recoveries instead of the usual eight.

Threatening (Fighter)
		Whenever an enemy attempts to disengage from you, it takes 
		a penalty to it's check equal to your Dexterity or Constitution 
		modifier, whichever is higher. The penalty doesn't apply if you 
		are stunned, grabbed, or otherwise incapable of making an 
		opportunity attack.

Talents - 2 Paladin Talents, +1 at lv 6, 9	1 Fighter Talent, +1 at lv 7
	Implacable: (Paladin)
		You can roll saves at the start of your turn instead of at the
		end of your turn. A successful save against ongoing damage,
		for example, means that you will not take the ongoing damage
		that turn.
	Adventurer Feat
		You gain a +1 bonus to saves.

Well Cooked BBQ: (Lay on Hands, Paladin)
		Twice per day as a quick action, you can heal yourself or an ally
		next to you with a tasty snack. You spend the recovery while the
		recipient heals as if they had spent the recovery.
	Adventurer Feat:
		Add twice your Charisma modifier to the healing provided by
		Well Cooked BBQ.

Skilled Intercept: (Fighter)
		Once per round as a free action, roll a normal save to intercept an
		enemy who is moving to attack one of your nearby allies. You can
		pop free from one enemy and intercept the attack. (if you are engaged
		with more than one enemy, the others can take opportunity attacks
		against you).
		The moving enemy makes its attack with you as a target instead. 
		If you're wearing heavy armor and the attack hits, you only take half 
		damage.

Powers - 4 Lv 3 Fighter Maneuvers
	Carve an Opening - Natural Odd melee hit/miss
		Your crit range with melee attacks expands by a cumulative +1 this
		battle until you score a melee critical hit. When you score a melee
		critical hit, your crit range drops back to normal.

Defensive Fighting - Natural 16+ melee hit/miss
		You gain +2 bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
	Adventurer Feat
		You also gain the bonus to Physical Defense.

Hack & Slash - Natural Even melee hit/miss, Escalation 2+
		Make another melee weapon attack against a different target. You can
		use this maneuver only once per round.

Steady Now - Natural Even melee miss
		You gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Gear
	Heavy Jaggi Armor: 
		Armor made from Jaggi parts. Their supple skin makes for
		good protection.
	+1 Greatsword of Distraction, "Icicle Fang"
		On hit, an engaged ally to the same enemy may make a MBA;
		Recharge 11+
	Belt of the Champion
		You get +1 maximum recoveries, and 1/battle, if someone else 
		is hit by an attack, you can take half the damage instead and 
		recharge one use of Lay on Hands Well Cooked BBQ	

Wild Heart Ring
		Animals accept you and may even show you affection. The 
		animals, however, still react normally if you threaten 
		them, and well-trained guard animals are especially wary
		of you. Quirk: Seems out of place in civilization.
pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 4
Stats		1/Battle	1/Day		 Natural Roll
HP	60/60	[ ] Evasive	[ ][ ]  BBQ	 Odd: +1 Crit range until Crit
AC	22	[ ] Smite	[ ][ ][ ] Smite	 Even Esc +2: Make another attack (1/round)
PD	16	[ ] Belt	[ ] Sword	 Even miss: +Con THP
MD	17					 16+: +2 AC/PD
Recoveries 10/10 (4d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +8 vs AC; 4d10+4 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn, +1 to saves.
Threatening: -2 to disengage from me, unless I'm stunned, grappled, or unable to make OAs.
Skilled Intercept: 1/round normal save: pop free from 1 enemy; take half damage.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 31, 2015

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Aiming to make a post tonight. Everything kind of landing on me at once with work and my MA.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Since we're not all on IRC at the same time, how deep are we going with these disguises? New names? New outfits? Fake moustaches?

Also as far as team name go, I recommend we say we are the Nogard Slayers! No one will suspect a thing!

Also, McP, a few posts ago you said Lavi got a weapon rune...do I pick what rune it is or it is it random?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
It's random, determined when you use it. There's a chart in the book.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
so a little confused by how the far away works. Since I already moved to the Archer once already, do I only have to move once to reach them, or still have to move twice? If I can move and attack in the same turn I wanna do that, otherwise i think I'm going to beat up the sorceress with Ryu.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

I think you should fight the sorceress with ryu regardless, because according to his statblock he's at 20 hp, and both the sorc and archer go before me. Plus she's at 24 hp so you might be able to finish her off, and after Isaac deathknells both low hp elves only the archer will be left.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Alright, talked with Sockerbagarn in IRC about how distances work and I've think I've got a clearer picture of it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hey, McP, how do you want me to handle picking up the sword? What kind of action am I going to have to spend to do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Just move over there, no,other action needed

• Locked thread