Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Elf Book was right, this is epic as hell. Paul Hayman FTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't know if your being ironic or not cause i don't know many long term wrestling fans or talk with many other than the futurewife but hayman seems like a cool guy

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I am a recent convert to the epicness of Wrestling after 23 years of skepticism, and you can trust me. This documentary alone would be worth the 9.99 you spend a month to access all of WWE Network.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And Elf Butt is rarely ironic and he thinks it's awesome as well, if you think I'm untrustworthy.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna beg for 10 dollars on the streets today to pay for this lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

And Elf Butt is rarely ironic and he thinks it's awesome as well, if you think I'm untrustworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXr-nLock7k

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Paul Heyman himself basically tells his wrestling autobiography for 2 hours.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

i hope you can get it before the rumble on sunday

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's like The Godfather Part 2 or Once Upon A Time in America.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Me and my bro last night were rockin' some WCW vs NWO Revenge and I made him watch the intro video where a dude is driving a truck through a thunderstorm and all of a sudden THUNDERCLAP THERE ARE SOME TOMBSTONES ON FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD BETTER pull over... AND STING APPEARS! Such an amazing intro and I got really pissed when he skipped it.

Then we played Sting vs. Scott Steiner at SOULED OUT and I was tossing him around with a variety of suplexes and flexing my peaks cause I was the Big Bad Booty Daddy NOW HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a cool thing about being into wrestling is that its another endless source of quotes and refs and memes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's looked the exact same for almost his entire life, lmao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i hope you can get it before the rumble on sunday

I hope so too, I think my sign "help me pay for WWF network" will get people who live in my town to give me money

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Paul Heyman himself basically tells his wrestling autobiography for 2 hours.

lmfao that sounds awesome

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wormskull posted:

He's looked the exact same for almost his entire life, lmao.

The Paul Heyman documentary is amazing and I'm so glad it's up on the Network.

I'm hoping the Macho Man one shows up soon. Maybe after his Hall of Fame induction?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the royal rumble was always my favorite especially when the midgets come in and other jobbers are get their asses kicked and throw out immediately. Also the Shawn Michaud controversy when only 1 foot touched

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

the royal rumble was always my favorite especially when the midgets come in and other jobbers are get their asses kicked and throw out immediately. Also the Shawn Michaud controversy when only 1 foot touched

they just put up a special where santino talks about how cool the rumble is for 45 minutes and then kane walks in and makes fun of him for getting thrown out faster than anyone

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

they just put up a special where santino talks about how cool the rumble is for 45 minutes and then kane walks in and makes fun of him for getting thrown out faster than anyone

gently caress me lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wrestling is God Tier entertainment

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

HHH is one sexy mother fucker though I miss when he had long hair. Also I lovingly call lesnar dick chest. It's def not an insult.

e: lol this thread exploded this morning

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
royal rumble this weekend of course the thread is hyped

network is deffo worth the 10 bucks a month and after watching a bit of nxt last night i'm considering putting it on in the background while i do other poo poo and getting up to speed

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

hubris.height posted:

network is deffo worth the 10 bucks a month and after watching a bit of nxt last night i'm considering putting it on in the background while i do other poo poo and getting up to speed

Have you checked out NXT R Evolution or whatever they called it?

The NXT "PPV" events are so so good. Finn Balor owns, Hideo Itami owns, Zayn and Owens feuding now (again whatever) owns.

Triple H owns for making NXT super awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

if you havent, watch the last nxt "ppv" "NXT Takeover: R Evolution"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NXT Takeover: R Evolution

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Next one is on Feb 11th

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what exactly is NXt

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
lesnar pulling big show up a turnbuckle and then slamming him off was sick as hell and one of the last things i remember from watching it

the corner of the ring broke

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

what exactly is NXt

its a training ground for people they dont think are ready for wwe yet, its full of indie dudes they just hired doing cool poo poo and its fun and simple cuz its doesnt have 30 writers like raw

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Also it's an hour. The specials are only 2 hours which is a very good amount for wrestling.

It's match after match and there's good storylines.

No burnout from too much talking like raw has.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

its a training ground for people they dont think are ready for wwe yet, its full of indie dudes they just hired doing cool poo poo and its fun and simple cuz its doesnt have 30 writers like raw

sounds fun

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm remembering those special Raw episodes on Monday where it would go like 15 minutes into whatever the hell USA was airing after raw ( pacific blue episodes prob) and it blew my mind as a child when it would happen. Like the fight would just not end

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
some day my dream of making a wrestling league that uses one of those giant trampolines will come true

trampoline fighting is good stuff

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i was watching wrestling vids all week last week and i have to say... i freaking love wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqfMaxU0f8

i also like the actual wrestling part wwe or otherwise

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched a arm wrestling documentary recently, that was pretty epic.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I watched a arm wrestling documentary recently, that was pretty epic.

When those dudes break they arms the sound it makes is really hosed up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's cool in the documentaries where both ECW and WCW they don't seem to mind peeling the curtain back on the stuff but WWE is forever real.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

All about that E-mersion

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

It's cool in the documentaries where both ECW and WCW they don't seem to mind peeling the curtain back on the stuff but WWE is forever real.

theres a video on there thats an episode of stone colds podcast where hes interviewing mcmahon, and its actually real open about writing and being fake and its fuckin weird to see mcmahon talk like that

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I always wanted to visit the WWF HQ in Stamford but I never did :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Shout to the iks for allowing this most epic of threads. Be excellent to each other! Wild Implings!!!! Widdlywiddlywiddly