Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
I've never played a Punch-Out!! game before, but I've seen a lot of blindfolded NES runs at AGDQs. Game's pretty dope. For whatever reason I decided I really wanted it a few months ago and was planning to buy it after Christmas, but I ended up not being able to pull the trigger on $50 used. Was super stoked when I saw the Nintendo Direct.

Got the Major Circuit Belt. My first knockout was from King Hippo. Was going through the fighters at a steady pace 'til I hit Great Tiger, who took like 3 or 4 tries. Then Flamenco took me like 30 to 40 minutes. Taking a break now after 2 hours of overly exaggerated punches.

Talk about your Punch-Out!! experiences ITT...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never beat Tyson despite trying for 22 years or so

I beat super punch out easily

I got stuck on title defense in the wii one

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
*Claps* Congratulations. You played a video game. I'm sooo impressed. /s

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

*Claps* Congratulations. You played a video game. I'm sooo impressed. /s

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
This game gave me blisters and callouses because the Wiimote's d-pad is so tiny.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I never beat Tyson despite trying for 22 years or so

I beat super punch out easily

I got stuck on title defense in the wii one

That's an avatar of epic win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that the game doesnt support the classic controller is retarded

i was really good at the SNES punchout and i think i beat the final boss in <20 seconds but im playing the wii one and it owns

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

zfleeman posted:

This game gave me blisters and callouses because the Wiimote's d-pad is so tiny.

If you aren't playing with motion controls and exaggerated punches, I don't even know what to tell you. :cmon:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Super Punchout is one of my favorite games ever.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
I think i got to the iron bull dude and gave up after like two hours. 18 year old me's punching skills were terrible :negative:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i ordered a wii remote plus and man let me tell you, it is hard as hell to find official controllers on eBay.

finally managed to find one + nunchuck for $29.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Befriend local game store owners and enjoy being able to get stuff for good prices locally.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

Befriend local game store owners and enjoy being able to get stuff for good prices locally.

for a very long time i was good friends with pretty much everyone at a local gamestop here in miami and i got whatever i wanted for free

i could also sell them games, they would re-wrap them in plastic and give me full price refunds

this went on for like 3 years before i guess someone noticed their numbers were hosed up (they were doing this for all their friends obv) and they fired everyone at the store

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 24, 2015

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Bobnumerotres posted:

for a very long time i was good friends with pretty much everyone at a local gamestop here in miami and i got whatever i wanted for free

i could also sell them games, they would re-wrap them in plastic and give me full price refunds

this went on for like 3 years before i guess someone noticed their numbers were hosed up (they were doing this for all their friends obv) and they fired everyone at the store

Livin the dream, drat

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

Only thing I ever got from Gamestop employees are some posters, pre-order gifts, and some box-art.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dexters Secret posted:

i ordered a wii remote plus and man let me tell you, it is hard as hell to find official controllers on eBay.

Buy them refurb straight from Nintendo for $25

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...goryId=cat10020

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i dont care.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Shipping + tax + no black in stock + 2 day processing time

eBay was the better option

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

punch-out wii is an excellent game and everyone should buy it while it is still $10

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

You can buy a refurbished wiimote plus and nunchuck for twenty five dollars from Nintendo.
Edit: Yack! Beaten!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

You can buy a refurbished wiimote plus and nunchuck for twenty five dollars from Nintendo.
Edit: Yack! Beaten!

it wouldve been more expensive after shipping & tax and i probably wouldn't have gotten it by the end of this week, they're kinda slow about shipping things.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlktesvDw3s

classic ocremix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I never found a good use for the quick chain punches in Super Punch-Out. It seemed always 100% better to just use a power punch.

• Locked thread