Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Like yeah every game is fun in co-op or multiplayer, but are there any that actually aren't?

Also I'm thinking in terms of local stuff, mmos are always bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Counter Strike comes to mine but I guess as far as local games...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Perfect Dark's Co-op mode

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Most local games that would get worse the more people there are have a player cap of like 4, such as Mario Party or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Multiple players during the Split Screen Era was kinda lovely, if I may be so bold... Your screen gets to drat tiny.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Lethal League gets worse when you have any more people than two people, just too hectic

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The wii mario kart looks weird with three or four people on split screen. Up to two it still felt like the same speed. I didn't play it too much but it looked like a framerate thing.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
once you get past around 30-35 people on space station 13 things kinda start going to poo poo

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

smash is pretty miserable when you have like 10 people and if you dont place 1st everytime you gotta wait a million hours for your turn

Dec 26, 2012

not too many in video games. for tabletop games, sure

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Lethal League gets worse when you have any more people than two people, just too hectic

Only if you're bad!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

babypolis posted:

smash is pretty miserable when you have like 10 people and if you dont place 1st everytime you gotta wait a million hours for your turn

isn't this why smash 4 has like eight players or was that just bs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
WHen I played games with my stupid rear end cousins, we did the controller pass thing but the person who got the highest score also got the biggest viewport in Goldeneye

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the multiplayer mario platformers, but that can be mitigated by increasing blood alcohol level proportionally to player count

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

It has it, and it's great

I recommend stock + time so nobody gets too left out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

It has it, and it's great

I recommend stock + time so nobody gets too left out

smash should let you play as a ghost against other eliminated players on top of the game still going on for maximum insanity on screen and the elimination of downtime.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

the multiplayer mario platformers, but that can be mitigated by increasing blood alcohol level proportionally to player count

This I will respectfully disagree with though the latter makes it even better

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

civilization

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

people who carefully consider their turns and take like 5 minutes are faggots. games like this would be better if everyone played it to have fun. or played it online at all, really.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Monopoly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this is one i can get behind, it's great in concept but terrible when you actually sit down to play it

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
spin the bottle, since the bigger the circle it is the harder it is for me to get my spin to land where i want

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

spin the bottle is casual baby poo poo

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
if you think spin the bottle is for babies I have just the adtrw irc chat for you

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

if you think spin the bottle is for babies I have just the adtrw irc chat for you

truth or dare is a real man's game

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

no one ever died playing spin the bottle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

every game is worse w/ co-op because the idiots don't know the optimal strats lik eme.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

mysterious loyall X posted:

every game is worse w/ co-op because the idiots don't know the optimal strats lik eme.

i love to drag my girlfriend around the resident evil ooga booga village and say no, heather, you can't have anymore ammo. I gave you all the machine gun ammo and you wasted it, so that's all. Because the shotgun and pistol, are for me, and you can't do the sniper rifle either. You can play as the strong black Sheva with the antirape stun baton, I gave you, and maybe if you find some more mahcine gun ammo you can shoot it all directly to the left of one shield guy again and waste it, but not until then.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

You can play as the strong black Sheva with the antirape stun baton

i don't see why this isn't enough for some people, this is literally how i want to play resident evil: africa at all times anyway

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Counter Strike comes to mine but I guess as far as local games...

Counter Strike and Team Fortress and Killing Floor are obvious examples, but sometimes I want to jump into a server that has 64 people on it. its fun in a weird kind of way. Killing Floor especially because those mega servers drastically increase the amount of zombies that spawn w/r/t the amount of people on the server until it gets ridiculous.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

smash is kinda weird in that 2 players is good, 3--5 kinda sucks, but 6-8 is good again.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

smash should let you play as a ghost against other eliminated players on top of the game still going on for maximum insanity on screen and the elimination of downtime.

This is good poo poo. Bomberman 64 had this and it was epic. After you died you became a literal ghost and could posses other people and make them bomb themselves XD

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Counter Strike and Team Fortress and Killing Floor are obvious examples, but sometimes I want to jump into a server that has 64 people on it. its fun in a weird kind of way. Killing Floor especially because those mega servers drastically increase the amount of zombies that spawn w/r/t the amount of people on the server until it gets ridiculous.

Hmmm. No it isn't.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Hmmm. No it isn't.

It is what it is.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if we're not talking videogames only i think twister gets worse based on how many people you have once you pass 2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got my cock sucked by an ugly skank w freckles instead of my crush when i first played that so confirmed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

like it was the first BJ i got but i knew it was the worst id ever have in my life *le feel face*

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
monaco is really fun with 1-2 people but after that it just gets really easy because I don't think the difficult scales up with more people.

:frogon:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Factorio is a terrible game to play with other people, since it turns into "quit touching my loving stuff" almost immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

all games cuz im a lone wolf who fights alone

• Locked thread