Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
What's that, we're doing some rolls outside of a godfest for knights? Okay!

Verche
Melon Dragon
Wee Jas (3rd)
Dino Rider (completes my rider set)
Fairlion x2
Dill Sirius (2nd)
Red Knight, Nim
Leeza (3rd)
Tiamat
Fairlio

Welp, nobody to blame but myself for that. At least I got one, though it's not Muse.

Also went 5/20 to max skill my LKali. Glad I saved all those Angelits I got while I was farming Devilits to skill up my DMeta (2 weeks before her ult was announced).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Anyone running evolved Siren or Alraune? I'm trying to get a resolve team together for the Friday dungeon so I can finally get rid of these crappy subs I've been using.

Also, anyone want to exchange presents?

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

opaopa13 posted:

I can answer that, having copied his team: you just make light prongs. The targeting system favors hitting Dark enemies with Light attacks, so it'll target both Dublits while leaving the BabyTama untouched. I feel like there's some luck in the BabyTama not _immediately_ locking down your unused orb-changers, but it's worked for me so far.

Follow-up, just ran it again with Isis in my 4th slot in-place of L.Meta. I ended up matching poorly on waves 1 and 2 and needing to burn both Verche and Fuma to get to wave 3. But even then, it didn't matter: prong, prong, 3-match, 3-match was enough to burn down the Dubmythlits in 4 turns, with a turn to spare. Didn't even use Isis to get more pings in. Next time I think I'm going to try swapping Isis for L. Kali.

I just realized I never awakened Isis, so she could've gotten bound anyway. Whoops!

It still gets me, every time, I go into a Weekday Legend dungeon and it has the boring "normal dungeon" background instead of their original backgrounds from when they were urgent dungeons.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Battle Pigeon posted:

35 rolls on the PAL machine for rare evo materials, the best thing I got was a Rainbow Keeper. Oh, and the skill-up bird for Amaterasu, bringing her to skill lvl 5-not one has failed to skill up so far, which is pretty awesome. Still no Angelit or KoG :(

(Also, 200 days played today, rank 233, and would have been much higher if not for loving around with the old Pengdra cycle for weeks at one point)

And add a section for EU where it's either a warning not to bother with EU if you have other options, or just a :smith: emote

Speaking of, any EU players want a present? I think a goon sent me one recently but I don't remember who, so couldn't send mine back.

I'd be down to trade presents. I'm guessing you're Pigeon@SA?

24 rolls on the PAL machine, and I got a green, blue, and yellow orb. Pretty happy that I finally get my attacker Amaterasu.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

0/5 on farming Angelits so far today.

On the other hand, I'm 4/5 on Baby Tamas.

The RNG is weird sometimes.

And now, since posting that, I've gone 4/4 on Angelits. And another 3/4 on Baby Tamas.

I don't even know what I'm going to do with that many Baby Tamas. :psyduck:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Meh, lovely post. Disregard

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I've finally reached the point where I don't actually need any of the orbs except Red for Hera-Ur. Guess which color I've never, ever gotten a single invade for? How's a mono-red team do on Hera Bjork? I have most, if not all, of the components (RSonia, Shiva, Uzume, Echidna, etc.) but I'm not sure how to handle the Leviathan round.

EDIT: Oh, and blue orbs for Hera-Is technically, but I don't see the point of trading a 30% gravity for a handful of mediocre awakenings.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Erg posted:

I'd be down to trade presents. I'm guessing you're Pigeon@SA?

24 rolls on the PAL machine, and I got a green, blue, and yellow orb. Pretty happy that I finally get my attacker Amaterasu.

Yup, present sent!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

And now, since posting that, I've gone 4/4 on Angelits. And another 3/4 on Baby Tamas.

I don't even know what I'm going to do with that many Baby Tamas. :psyduck:

Just feed em away for dat 30% chance (man I wish it was still 50%...)

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Syle187 posted:

Anyone running evolved Siren or Alraune? I'm trying to get a resolve team together for the Friday dungeon so I can finally get rid of these crappy subs I've been using.

Also, anyone want to exchange presents?

This (well, a better written version) should probably go in the wiki guides or first post or something, but there are better newbie options for cheesing mask/dublit dungeons than the old resolve team. These days anyone who can max-level a Siren or whatever is running better stuff in their leader slot, meaning you have to specifically ask people to put them up which takes forever. Try one of these methods instead:

1.) Too much HP: Pair up a 2x HP leader like a Snow Globe Dragon with a friend 2x HP leader like ultimate Artemis, Hermes, or Ares. Load up your team with high-hp evo mats like Keepers and Dub-lits, and before you know it you'll end up with like 40,000ish HP and can just face-bash through the dungeon. Upside is this makes for an easy and reliable clear, as you're not vulnerable to synced monsters. Downside is it may require some luck in your monster box. Snow Globe Dragons are given out during special events, and have a solid chance to pop out of the rank 20 friend gift. You may also need to rely on PAL egg machine luck to pick up some of the subs, like Keeper of the Gold, Keeper of the Rainbow, and the Dub-lits.

2.) Grodin: Shining Lance Wielder, Odin is basically an all-in-one resolve team. You get 80% damage reduction on the first hit you take (provided you're at full hp), and when fully awoken he will auto-heal you for 2,000 HP every turn you match an orb type. He also has a lot of beefy stats to go with, and its fairly easy to find people running him as a friend leader. Pair him up with your highest HP monsters of any color. Like resolve teams, he's vulnerable to synced monsters.

Running a resolve team will still work, but I'd only do it if you can't run either of the above. Amaterasu might be an easier to find friend leader auto-healer than Siren or Alraune.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
0/8 for a single Dub-Mythlit. I am very sad.

On the other hand, I did pull Nim and Arcline, though if they're good is unknown to me.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

0/6 for Dublits. Wish we could just pay gold for the lower-tier evo materials, even if the prices were grossly inflated. Just dropping a million gold I'm not using to buy one would be far better than spending 60+ stamina for the drop.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

This (well, a better written version) should probably go in the wiki guides or first post or something, but there are better newbie options for cheesing mask/dublit dungeons than the old resolve team. These days anyone who can max-level a Siren or whatever is running better stuff in their leader slot, meaning you have to specifically ask people to put them up which takes forever. Try one of these methods instead:

1.) Too much HP: Pair up a 2x HP leader like a Snow Globe Dragon with a friend 2x HP leader like ultimate Artemis, Hermes, or Ares. Load up your team with high-hp evo mats like Keepers and Dub-lits, and before you know it you'll end up with like 40,000ish HP and can just face-bash through the dungeon. Upside is this makes for an easy and reliable clear, as you're not vulnerable to synced monsters. Downside is it may require some luck in your monster box. Snow Globe Dragons are given out during special events, and have a solid chance to pop out of the rank 20 friend gift. You may also need to rely on PAL egg machine luck to pick up some of the subs, like Keeper of the Gold, Keeper of the Rainbow, and the Dub-lits.

2.) Grodin: Shining Lance Wielder, Odin is basically an all-in-one resolve team. You get 80% damage reduction on the first hit you take (provided you're at full hp), and when fully awoken he will auto-heal you for 2,000 HP every turn you match an orb type. He also has a lot of beefy stats to go with, and its fairly easy to find people running him as a friend leader. Pair him up with your highest HP monsters of any color. Like resolve teams, he's vulnerable to synced monsters.

Running a resolve team will still work, but I'd only do it if you can't run either of the above. Amaterasu might be an easier to find friend leader auto-healer than Siren or Alraune.

Thanks, I'll try these. I was just going off of the strategy posted for the Friday dungeon on the wiki linked in the OP. I did manage to just brute force it once by timing my attacks correctly and using some orb changers. I don't really have any high HP evo mats yet, but I'll see what I can figure out.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

WarringPhoenix posted:

On the other hand, I did pull Nim and Arcline, though if they're good is unknown to me.

Nim, Arcline and Delgado are straight upgrades to King Flamie, Shynee and Woodsie respectively. (They trade in a slightly weaker multiplier for a shorter cooldown, better stats and awakenings, a subtype and a subattribute)

Arcline is the weakest of that bunch because Sandalphon is a good farmable replacement. There are times where his shorter CD and skillboost will be needed though, and he's usable out of the box while Sandalphon's initial 25 turns CD is atrocious. Healer ATK is also low enough that 2.5x will oneshot bosses 2x doesn't.

Nim doesn't have that competition (beside Flamie, the only other red attacker boost is Shotei from that goofy weapon series and he only does 1.5x). She's straight up amazing for Urd and Horus and an excellent sub for red attacker teams in general.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

escape mechanism posted:

Nim, Arcline and Delgado are straight upgrades to King Flamie, Shynee and Woodsie respectively. (They trade in a slightly weaker multiplier for a shorter cooldown, better stats and awakenings, a subtype and a subattribute)

Arcline is the weakest of that bunch because Sandalphon is a good farmable replacement. There are times where his shorter CD and skillboost will be needed though, and he's usable out of the box while Sandalphon's initial 25 turns CD is atrocious. Healer ATK is also low enough that 2.5x will oneshot bosses 2x doesn't.

Nim doesn't have that competition (beside Flamie, the only other red attacker boost is Shotei from that goofy weapon series and he only does 1.5x). She's straight up amazing for Urd and Horus and an excellent sub for red attacker teams in general.

I'd argue that Creuse is actually the weakest of the bunch, mainly because who the heck runs Dark Physical?

But other than that, yeah, I agree with your analysis.

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot

DaveWoo posted:

I'd argue that Creuse is actually the weakest of the bunch, mainly because who the heck runs Dark Physical?

I'd kill for Creuse on my Blue Sonia team, if nothing else.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

D/B matches up with B/D Karin who is Physical. It's maybe not ideal but it's not bad, tons of good Blue physicals, and Izanami is Physical.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

I meant between the three slime knights I named in my post. Creuse is pretty niche, you're right. I think she's a potential sub for Ôkuninushi and Blonia but her non-existent RCV is crippling in both case.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
1/12 on L Kali, and now I get 7 Devlits in a row, gently caress sake

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

escape mechanism posted:

My question, then, is whether all these knights are going to be REM-only, because I'm sure that the odds are high that they will be...

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Yeah they are. They've been out in JP for months and they are in the REM right now

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Has there been anything that started as REM only and then became farmable? If so, what?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Valk, and I think maybe Sieg and Cuchu too

edit: And bad dragons and fruit dragons if you count gift dungeons, and Angelion and Drawn Joker

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Creuse will probably be good in the future, since GungHo apparently wants to make physical the secondary type for dark, just like blue is supposed to be physical plus healer dudes, green is balance plus attackers, light is healer plus something (?), and red is a mess that is supposed to be attackers then devils.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Light is definitely healer+attackers now

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

trucutru posted:

Creuse will probably be good in the future, since GungHo apparently wants to make physical the secondary type for dark, just like blue is supposed to be physical plus healer dudes, green is balance plus attackers, light is healer plus something (?), and red is a mess that is supposed to be attackers then devils.

Light seems to be a lot of gods, so maybe that's their 'plus something'.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Valk, and I think maybe Sieg and Cuchu too

edit: And bad dragons and fruit dragons if you count gift dungeons, and Angelion and Drawn Joker

The bad dragons actually drop from some descends, though the drop rate is low enough that I've had it happen to me.

Drall drops from the latest JP descend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlQ0HgnLvA at around 5'30''

escape mechanism fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 24, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

What the hell are people doing to S Rank Tower of Jewels?

My normal unevolved/low rare Kushi team isn't working. Tips? I only get an A rank with a 9 combo average!

I need all the Tamas I can get.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dirt posted:

My normal unevolved/low rare Kushi team isn't working. Tips? I only get an A rank with a 9 combo average!

Check out some teams here, there's quite a few s-rank suggestions - http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=404

I'm pretty sure I did it with satan and 4 1 stars and a hame but I can't remember

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Dirt posted:

Pretty sure I just Roniaed that poo poo with a bunch of 1*s, if that's an option for you.

Did a bunch of gala pulls even though I knew it's a bad idea; went 6/8 on golds, though most were trash or repeats. Got an Arcline though, so I guess Shynee is retired. Fully expecting the upcoming godfest to be exactly what I want (3K/Indian 2, for a Lu Bu and a Durga) now that I've run myself mostly out of stones.

I keep forgetting to find someone to trade presents with - anyone still need to get rid of theirs? Goons can feel free to add me regardless, I'm 344,132,297 and run all kinds of poo poo (mostly DMeta and Ronia though).

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
How can I set up PADListener to sync actual monsters that are also materials to my list, without having to sync every one of my 200 lits and masks as well?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Dirt posted:

17 total rarity gets you over 200k points already according to http://tamadra.com/s-rank/jewels
I think I did it with DQXQ leads and 1-star monsters. Maybe a 4-star lead, 1-star monsters, and Ult Athena friend. I don't remember which dungeons I did with which.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 24, 2015

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Ayndin posted:

Pretty sure I just Roniaed that poo poo with a bunch of 1*s, if that's an option for you.

Did a bunch of gala pulls even though I knew it's a bad idea; went 6/8 on golds, though most were trash or repeats. Got an Arcline though, so I guess Shynee is retired. Fully expecting the upcoming godfest to be exactly what I want (3K/Indian 2, for a Lu Bu and a Durga) now that I've run myself mostly out of stones.

I keep forgetting to find someone to trade presents with - anyone still need to get rid of theirs? Goons can feel free to add me regardless, I'm 344,132,297 and run all kinds of poo poo (mostly DMeta and Ronia though).

I'll swap presents with you. I'm 371,057, 353.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

iPodschun posted:

17 total rarity gets you over 200k points already according to http://tamadra.com/s-rank/jewels
I think I did it with DQXQ leads and 1-star monsters. Maybe a 4-star lead, 1-star monsters, and Ult Athena friend. I don't remember which dungeons I did with which.

DQXQ with 1 star mythical beasts is my go to for S Ranking the easy stuff. I tried it with Kirin, but it wasn't as fun. I've also S ranked some stuff with LValk and a 1 star pixie squad.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

GoodBee posted:

I've also S ranked some stuff with LValk and a 1 star pixie squad.
I want Poring Tower to come back so I can skill up mini-valk because she'll be pretty great for S-ranking! I could farm Valk Descended on the 31st but I probably won't.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
How does this look for a Gaia team?

Imagine that the second insect dragon is the green bowl dragon. With people actually wanting to nab Gaia since Awoken Hades is here I was thinking on farmable ways to take her on and this is the best I got.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 24, 2015

Chiminey
Sep 12, 2011

Managed to max skill U&Y, Kushinada, and Chiyome before getting my first R.Odin skillup. Does anyone know if Odin tamadra is less than a 33% drop rate on Legendary Seaway or have I just been unlucky?

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
I thought I'd give angelits a shot with my severely underleveled (50-60) Haku team. It was really easy to stall correctly and got to the angelits exactly when I wanted to, but I underestimated my ability to actually kill the devilit in 4 turns. Instead of losing I got extremely lucky and managed to get a skyfall red combo after activating my Blonia which knocked off the remaining 30% of the devilit's health and I actually managed to get the angelit I wanted for my Yomi. It worked out perfectly, somehow.
Once I level up this team I am definitely gonna use my Haku team instead of my Zeus team, its way easier deal with floor 1 and stall properly.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I decided to pull the PEM today for the hell of it, despite saving up for the Mini 3K PEM.

Pulled another Jewel of Water. That is my second one. Should I hold onto them for anything? The only thing I'm probably going to get/see any time soon (that can use it) is a Hera-Is. I don't think I'll ever see a DMeta from the REM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So I decided to pull the PEM today for the hell of it, despite saving up for the Mini 3K PEM.

Pulled another Jewel of Water. That is my second one. Should I hold onto them for anything? The only thing I'm probably going to get/see any time soon (that can use it) is a Hera-Is. I don't think I'll ever see a DMeta from the REM.

You also need one for Starling.

• Locked thread