Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

FrickenMoron posted:

Bad idea, you will have to stall for 10 turns on hera beorc or not match light at all. Also you will get skill locked forever. Hades is a jerk though, I have to admit that. He killed me several times before, thats a lot of HP.

Oh, yeah. My Isis is still B/B, so if there were another B/B on my Friend list that should be okay, right? Or just some other combo god without light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Hey, I have a GZL up more, and I'm looking for other GZL users. Send me an invite!

379 736 330

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FrickenMoron posted:

I just realized thanks to irc, while skillups for armor knights DO exist they're going to be the most cruel ones yet. They are invades (bad) drop unevolved (evoed on higher difficulty?) and require the same materials as chasers (worst!).

Urge to farm woodpy: rising.

Not only that, but if you are not careful they will kill your rear end in the dungeon. The red one, which is the one I'm farming, is actually more dangerous than the boss). 3m hp and hits for 28k damage when below 50% (14.5k plus change a color to jammers above it, every turn), so if you get the invade in the first floor you risk getting chumped quite easily, unless you're running a defensive team.

Edit: And (of course) the invade chance is crap.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 24, 2015

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

So, I started playing last week, and rerolled yesterday based on the guide. Pulled a Parvati from the REM, but the levels are starting to get challenging. Without having other good monsters to fill out the team, what should I be doing in the mean time? Also, when should I use the Pal Egg Machine? That isn't referenced at all in the guide.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Powers posted:

So, I started playing last week, and rerolled yesterday based on the guide. Pulled a Parvati from the REM, but the levels are starting to get challenging. Without having other good monsters to fill out the team, what should I be doing in the mean time? Also, when should I use the Pal Egg Machine? That isn't referenced at all in the guide.

Post your friend code, get some good goon friends, don't worry about your own team until you get up to like Castle of Satan or so.

Only roll the PAL machine when rare evo materials are in it (like now), or if you are about to hit the maximum (50 rolls currently). You might want to save some PAL points in case we get the mini 3K PAL machine that JP got a while ago.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I immediately regret upgrading my main leader without checking her new teamcost

Chiminey
Sep 12, 2011

The only reason I want Grand Sonia is for the novelty of having the entire board constantly made of +orbs.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

two_step posted:

Post your friend code, get some good goon friends, don't worry about your own team until you get up to like Castle of Satan or so.

Only roll the PAL machine when rare evo materials are in it (like now), or if you are about to hit the maximum (50 rolls currently). You might want to save some PAL points in case we get the mini 3K PAL machine that JP got a while ago.

What should I look for in friends? (Sounds like an e/n title)

carticket fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 24, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr. Powers posted:

Early on, I'd say roll the PAL machine whenever you have the points. You can get some decent early-game subs from the PAL machine - Lil' Green Dragon, Centaur, Green Chaser, Green Fairy, and the Wood Ninja are all useful for a Parvati team. Later on, you'll want to save your PAL points for special events when it says "Rare Evo Materials in PAL Machine!". (Which, incidentally, happens to be active right now.)

Also, once you get the Coin Dungeons (Rank... 80, I think?), I'd recommend purchasing and running the Dragon Guardian dungeon. That dungeon has the Mystic Stone Knight, which is one of the best farmable subs in the game for Green teams.

Aside from all that, the best thing you can do is get some good Friend leaders. For Parvati, I'd recommend getting Artemis, Freyja, Athena, Green Zhuge Liang, and other Parvati friends. Post your ID in here, and you'll probably get a fair number of invites.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I was checking the new angels, saw this moeblob

and, drat, U&Y users will be pleased.

Famiel (Now they are just making poo poo up, there aint no Famiel)
神水の聖歌
Effects: Change all orbs to Water, Wood & Light & Dark orbs.
Cool Down: 14 Turns ( 9 min )

In any case, these new angels actives seem custom made for something.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
You mostly want other evolved Parvati friends, Verdandi works as well, in the early game you can use a buff athena which basically any high level goon friends will have. Avalon Drake is rare but super good. Artemis and Freyja can be backups.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

神水の聖歌

Yup. The Dark one has a similar full-board convert skill - changes board to Fire, Water, Wood, and Dark orbs. Great for Durga players.

As for the others, the Light one randomly generates 4 Light orbs on a minimum 4-turn cooldown (very nice); the Green one randomly generates 3 Green & 3 Dark orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (pretty nice); and the Red one converts Light orbs to Heal orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (would be nice, except that she has 0 RCV).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Yup. The Dark one has a similar full-board convert skill - changes board to Fire, Water, Wood, and Dark orbs. Great for Durga players.

As for the others, the Light one randomly generates 4 Light orbs on a minimum 4-turn cooldown (very nice); the Green one randomly generates 3 Green & 3 Dark orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (pretty nice); and the Red one converts Light orbs to Heal orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (would be nice, except that she has 0 RCV).

The red/blue one (Rozuel) is supposed to unbind your Urd team, I guess. She's just weird.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Mr. Powers posted:

Your number is wrong

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I've no regret for this puzzle life i've led!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Your number is wrong

Fixed in my post. Thanks for pointing that out. I would have had some goon introspection on why no one wants to be my friend.

Edit: should I just sell unused monsters (bar evo mats) and not do any leveling until I'm back to pengdra?

carticket fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 24, 2015

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

trucutru posted:

神水の聖歌

DaveWoo posted:

I'm not sure I'd free up a spot for Famiel in my U&Y team. Maybe if she had a dark subattribute, so that I could slot her and Green Odin in a team and ensure activation against sub-binding bosses.

That entire series feel underwhelming as subs. Bind immunity is nice, but it costs them half of their awakenings and only the red one has a skill that takes advantage of this. They'll probably get much better once their ultimate evos come out in a year and GungHo give them new awakenings, but in the meantime I only want red Parvati and maybe the light one (although Rei Sirius does the same job better for healer and god teams).

They're OK leaders though and probably solid starters (no need to fill their team with a specific type until late-game), especially red and dark (who do have farmable early game subs).

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Mr. Powers posted:

Fixed in my post. Thanks for pointing that out. I would have had some goon introspection on why no one wants to be my friend.

Edit: should I just sell unused monsters (bar evo mats) and not do any leveling until I'm back to pengdra?

Best to feed trash stuff as any xp boost is helpful and coins are best gotten from the weekend dungeons

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Mr. Powers posted:

I added you, Usually running D/R Valk or Isis. 336,255,311

Speaking of Isis, Should I just evo her to B/B Isis or hope I can the two angelits I need? Not sure if it'd be a waste of evo mats or not to evo her and then revert it later on.

Warren fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 25, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

WarringPhoenix posted:

I added you, Usually running D/R Valk or Isis.

Speaking of Isis, Should I just evo her to B/B Isis or hope I can the two angelits I need? Not sure if it'd be a waste of evo mats or not to evo her and then revert it later on.

The evo mats for b/b isis are really easy to get, so go for it you if you want to do that.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Just tried Hera-Beorc (legend) again with a team of BB Isis/GZL/Echidna/Pandora/DD Haku/ROdin. Pandora was filler/orb changer, and ROdin was because there was nothing better available. Stoned on Leviathan after getting boards full of light and heal orbs, got a +egg drop on Hera though so it wasn't too bad. Pandora ended up being useful for bind removal too.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

It'll be nice when I have 85 stamina and only have to buy a coin dungeon once to get the stone from it. I'd really like one of those knights, though.

Been scraping up stones, two pulls so far:
Shining Dragon Swordsman (seems alright if I ever make a dragon team)
L I L I T H +HP (at least I got a skillup)

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cleared out 25 friend spots, always looking for more. Current #1 team spot taken up by Light Kali, max skilled / max awoken, sometimes replaced with L/L Ra. Frequent #2 slots include R/L Horus (+297), Ult Athena, Ult Beelzebub, Ult Kirin, Ult Umi&Yami. Very occasionally any of the new Awoken Heras, or Awoken Neptune / Minerva / Hades.

Everything but ROdin and Ronia, probably.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

... Aaaand done. Had pretty decent luck with this one, too - went 5/13 on skillups.

So with that, I'm up to a total of 5 hypermaxed mons - Parvati, Artemis, Athena, Kirin, and L Kali.

Revvik posted:

Cleared out 25 friend spots, always looking for more. Current #1 team spot taken up by Light Kali, max skilled / max awoken, sometimes replaced with L/L Ra. Frequent #2 slots include R/L Horus (+297), Ult Athena, Ult Beelzebub, Ult Kirin, Ult Umi&Yami. Very occasionally any of the new Awoken Heras, or Awoken Neptune / Minerva / Hades.

Everything but ROdin and Ronia, probably.

Light Kali and Athena, you say? Well, I have something you might just be interested in. Invite sent. ;)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

... Aaaand done. Had pretty decent luck with this one, too - went 5/13 on skillups.

So with that, I'm up to a total of 5 hypermaxed mons - Parvati, Artemis, Athena, Kirin, and L Kali.

Light Kali and Athena, you say? Well, I have something you might just be interested in. Invite sent. ;)

Yesss, you're moving from mono/heavy-green to rainbow. Welcome to the cool kids club.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

trucutru posted:

Yesss, you're moving from mono/heavy-green to rainbow. Welcome to the cool kids club.

But Mono-Green is the cool kids club now.

What a PAD hipster.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Super Golds dropping like crazy tonight. Got 6 in four runs, plus 3 normal kings.

I probably should of spent some stones. But whatever. Athena gained 19 levels. Not bad.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

BGrifter posted:

But Mono-Green is the cool kids club now.

What a PAD hipster.

I can't wait to evo a pair of these guys on US. 3 prongs :fap:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Nosre posted:

Also: rant: they really need to standardize the low end cost restricted stuff. 10, 12, 14 all having different ideal teams (and you only need said team for the one dungeon) is some serious rear end in a top hat game design.

I don't know. I kind of like different low cost/low rarity dungeons.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I like them in theory. In practice, the rounds and cost restriction are engineered in such a way that there's a punishingly narrow range of viable teams. Did we really need 3 dungeons, all heavily green, with cutoffs at 10, 12, and 14?

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

:respek:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dirt posted:

Super Golds dropping like crazy tonight. Got 6 in four runs, plus 3 normal kings.

I probably should of spent some stones. But whatever. Athena gained 19 levels. Not bad.

What the...I ran it 8 times, not a single super :argh:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Got Freyja's skill to level 5 this time, which is where I figured I would end up. Hopefully we'll get the CoC collab back soon.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Got Freyja's skill to level 5 this time, which is where I figured I would end up. Hopefully we'll get the CoC collab back soon.

If you're powerful enough you can just farm the technical dungeon which always has those puchis in it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

If you're powerful enough you can just farm the technical dungeon which always has those puchis in it.

I am not powerful enough.

Yet...

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

On-and-off stoning today on Hera-Is, ended up with only two invades for a total of three blue orbs. I'd like to evolve Hera-Is to Hera-Useless, but super flower dragon also wants an orb, as does super fish king. Decisions, decisions... :sigh:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is it more efficient to run Lightseeker at Master or Expert during 2x drops? Kinda want to avoid stoning for it if at all possible.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frocobo posted:

Is it more efficient to run Lightseeker at Master or Expert during 2x drops? Kinda want to avoid stoning for it if at all possible.

For Chasers, it's about the same either way - ~80% chance for 40 stamina on Master, vs. ~30% chance for 15 stamina on Expert.

Don't know about Nenekos, though.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Powers posted:

So, I started playing last week, and rerolled yesterday based on the guide. Pulled a Parvati from the REM, but the levels are starting to get challenging.

I can help! 337,955,211

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Frocobo posted:

The current thinking for survey dungeons is do Master for boss drops and Expert for sub-boss drops.

• Locked thread