Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i see. i'm trying to play blind, so maybe after i finish this run-through i'll check out how to sequence break. every time i've played this i've been really bad at bomb jumping, which i assume is part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

hey guys dark souls is a metroidvanie

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i see. i'm trying to play blind, so maybe after i finish this run-through i'll check out how to sequence break. every time i've played this i've been really bad at bomb jumping, which i assume is part of it.

Bomb jumping isn't really that important unless you're really going out of your way to skip stuff. Wall jumping, mock balling and doing short charged shinesparks are the big things.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

they teach you how to do most of the really good poo poo in-game, only big trick the game doesn't teach you is the mockball. after that it's all about application and execution

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

subhuman filth posted:

hey guys dark souls is a metroidvanie

nuhuh cause you don't get bilities

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

y cant chosen undead crawl?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

they can neither buttslide nor walljump

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Me rike to eat dog.. Me sink rondo of brood would be a coor name for a castrevania game - what capcom were probably thinking when they came up with that RETARDED name! WTF is a rondo?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hoodrich posted:

Me rike to eat dog.. Me sink rondo of brood would be a coor name for a castrevania game - what capcom were probably thinking when they came up with that RETARDED name! WTF is a rondo?

it's full of blood

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hoodrich posted:

rondo of blood is slang for menstrual cunnilingus

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

:yikes:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

I googled both these words and you do NOT want to know what it means! XD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ralp posted:

there are at least three metroid threads going in this forum alone.

Good.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

It's a musical term, Hoodrich. OH wait: you're making an "ironic' racist joke. Velly funny. I like!...... NOT.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I meant it in a good way :) It's a broad topic, and good games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rondo is actually a European baking machinery manufacturer, either styled simply Rondo or RONDO after a merger between Rondo and Doge. I am not making this up. Source: I work in a Dunkin' Donut's Factory Kitchen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im picturing a dancing doge and getting a laugh

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Rondo and Doge. LMFAO. holy poo poo. doge. I can't believe it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

much blood very rondo

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rondoge.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Symphony of the Doge
Circle of the Doge
Harmony of Doge

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doge Of Sorrow lmfao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I looked up "doge of cerberus" on google and got this. Have a good one, OP.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I was trying to think of a newer good game in this genre to play but think I'm just going to replay Super Metriod. THanks for reading.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I tried Valdis Story and the controls are retardo

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

O__O posted:

I was trying to think of a newer good game in this genre to play but think I'm just going to replay Super Metriod. THanks for reading.

shadow complex

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

shadow complex

it's 2015 and i cant loving emulate a 360

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
rajon rondo is the point guard for the dallas mavericks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Actually it's Flame Mammoth.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

La Mulana is a Darksoulsian take on the Metroidvania genre.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the mulana

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

O__O posted:

I tried Valdis Story and the controls are retardo

Valdis Story is pretty awesome. The biggest annoyance is skill cancel being the down button, since joysticks can trip it in a pretty big direction. I actually found keyboard controls to work really well instead.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
don't know why but I triple s ranked all the bosses in that game. normally I just can't be assed.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

AHungryRobot posted:

don't know why but I triple s ranked all the bosses in that game. normally I just can't be assed.

Because it's basically a fighting game and unlike most exploration games the fighting is fun and rewarding? I still need to bear Guacamelee but the first fifteen minutes didn't really sell me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Velius posted:

Because it's basically a fighting game and unlike most exploration games the fighting is fun and rewarding? I still need to bear Guacamelee but the first fifteen minutes didn't really sell me on it.

lmao @ any part of valdis story being described as fun

• Locked thread