Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm seein' double this weekend! Four Rumbles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This is a fun little fight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I missed the tale of the tape, is the Russian guy a small heavyweight or is Pesta just enormous?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

How in the world is Rashad Evans ranked #4?

Who on that list should be ranked above him?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

UFCONFOX posted:

PROGRAM ALERT: Prelims are starting NOW on #FOXSports2 and will switch to FS1 RIGHT AFTER overtime.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
God drat, that finish was murderous

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mairbek looks adorably happy to have just killed a man

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

FYI,this was Macias taking a dive; he and Oleg were managed by the same guy and Oleg kicked his rear end in practice all the time; their manager convinced him to stick his head into a choke so Oleg would be fresh going into the next round. Oleg (allegedly) had no idea, which is why he's staring at him the entire time after the tapout.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Is there a more forgotten UFC fighter than Oleg Taktarov?

I mean in terms of fighters who have actually won things.

Hey, Oleg is a YAMMA veteran

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This dude owns

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Post-fight interview of the night - Makwan Amirkhani
Cornerman of the night - Nikita Krylov

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Lol at the entire FOX announce team making GBS threads on Rogan's "early stoppage" nonsense

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
At the very least they should replay the first fight pass prelim

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm all for this since I missed them, but off the mere suggestion, I'm guessing they owned a lot

The first one did, the second was just sort of dull. Pretty much all the FS1 prelims have been great.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Oh cool, I didn't know Tumenov was a K-Dojo guy

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm going to laugh when after ten minutes of tepid wrestling Bader hits his big retarded overhand right and wins

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bader Hari via KO and you can take that to the bank

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought the prelims started at 8 not the main card. How has it been?

Watch all the prelim fights, it'll take you like a half hour and there are lots of cool things happening

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm conflicted because that was an egregiously lovely stoppage but on the other hand I really don't want to see Dan Henderson get beat up any more

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

EvanSchenck posted:

Hendo will get a Zuffa legendary fighter job when he retires, right? Just tell me they'll pay him a bunch of money to be the VP in charge of dumb bullshit.

VP in charge of double-legging Dana when he's not looking

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

imo dan henderson is a grown man and can decide if he wants to retire or not

I agree, but I also agree with Cormier that it would be nice if he'd at least take sometime off

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

EvanSchenck posted:

who else is ready to see another stumpy power puncher fight Jon Jones? How will he deal with that threat?

Rumble is not "stumpy" in any sense of the term

MacDougall posted:

No but seriously Bellator has some good light-heavyweights.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If you're going to post 20 meg gifs, linkthem, don't put them inline.

• Locked thread