Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is there a cool story and drama attached to that img cuz lol and link please

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
no story hes just a streamer guyh who was wearing a teemo hat and is lds which amusing 2me

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Most of the end tier capital units are used in mirror matchups. Tempests to snipe colossus. Battle-cruisers to snipe tanks. Broodlords to be dumb and dumb. Carriers are garbage though. For a variety of reasons they are, by far, the worst unit in the game.

ZvT can actually see ultras after a while of ling-bling-muta. However a lot of games in our leagues don't really get that far because you only need it in specific spots and it requires crisp macro and timings.

It is widely acknowledged that Terran has the highest burden of micro of the three races.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah people talk about the Protoss Micro but it's really easy to just make a quick blink stalker defence force and make a huge 200 supply deathball and a-move the enemy base

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Smythe posted:

no story hes just a streamer guyh who was wearing a teemo hat and is lds which amusing 2me

oh i saw the lds stuff and i agree that's funny, but i thought he was like streaming while maphacking or something

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
40 ravens is a pretty sick idea

enjoy your 160 autoturrets, assholes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

40 ravens is a pretty sick idea

enjoy your 160 autoturrets, assholes

there was a guy who used to do troll sc2 games and he won a game with nothing but ravens

he would also like take 5 bases right away and do other poo poo no one would really expect it was amazing to see the kind of poo poo he could get away with

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ravens arenused a lot in tvt now. if a guy goes mech u basically need 2 make ravens and u seeker the freakin tanks. also if the go bio.. u seeker the freakin marines and kill 99999 marines in a single volley. somehow due to some hosed up patches ravrens are now a core tvt unit and are also OP. can u fuckin believe that. we live in a world where ravens are literally OP. fml. the pdd is OP. seeker is OP. free autoturrets are OP. LOL hosed up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the free units meta is insanely annoying to me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

amassing ravens is really expensive, and their only defense is the seeker missile which takes up like all their energy. if you dont have them guarded by a company of vulcans and stuff it could be a massive loss. risk/reward

besides it's not like they're loving swarm hosts that summon a constant stream of little fuckers that tear anything on the ground apart and are pretty much the backbone of zerg armies these days. thank god they're getting changed in legacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

the free units meta is insanely annoying to me

ya. david kim is a moron

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

amassing ravens is really expensive, and their only defense is the seeker missile which takes up like all their energy. if you dont have them guarded by a company of vulcans and stuff it could be a massive loss. risk/reward

besides it's not like they're loving swarm hosts that summon a constant stream of little fuckers that tear anything on the ground apart and are pretty much the backbone of zerg armies these days. thank god they're getting changed in legacy

ya like tvt mech devolves into a huge pack of tanks and then a huge ball of ravens+vikings swarmoing around oer the tanks like a big cloud of fuckery. then smoene gets bored, unsieges, and seekers fly everywhere and a random person types GG 3 seconds later

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm starting to think pvp is the only remotely interesting matchup these days

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

terran and zerg are pretty boring to watch unless they do something weird. but it's almost always MMM from T or big muta balls from Z

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like tvanything but thats kuz im a terran player and have immense brain problems, fail disease, and several potent variants of the AIDS virus coursing thorugh my veins

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
muta and roach are the two funnest units for me

being able to drop siege mode tanks from medievacs is gonna be real interesting though

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bobnumerotres posted:

terran and zerg are pretty boring to watch unless they do something weird. but it's almost always MMM from T or big muta balls from Z

If you think constant macro, multiple medivac drop harass, and splitting versus banelings is boring... well sc2 might not be the game for you.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also everyone here should join SA sc2 clan: zeez.

Skype this guy and ask to be added to our channel: synastrensa

Tell him that the Hater Haver sent ya.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait to play with the totally cool goons from the blizzard subforum

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those guys got upset at me that i couldn't tell which thread was the general starcraft thread when they all have joke names.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bobnumerotres posted:

cant wait to play with the totally cool goons from the blizzard subforum

I'm there and I'm cool as ice.

We are chill dudes and often link pictures of dogs.

And Hashtag Real talk we actually have a few GM's and many masters, so if you wanna get better get in this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm there and I'm cool as ice.

We are chill dudes and often link pictures of dogs.

And Hashtag Real talk we actually have a few GM's and many masters, so if you wanna get better get in this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dec 26, 2012

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
been listening to norm mcdonald live while laddering and its rly helping my game

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
the key, to starcraft is. build units all the time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

the key, to starcraft is. build units all the time

i didnt know until starcraft 2 that i needed more than 8-9 workers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that feel when a pack of templar walk over pair of widow mines and die. 999999 gas down the tubes protoss fag

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Smythe posted:

that feel when a pack of templar walk over pair of widow mines and die. 999999 gas down the tubes protoss fag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQYuHiXf8s&t=1479s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmaaoooo this is the best moment

i miss imba league. husky has slowed down a lot with his videos in general. i mean im sure hes rich forever and everything but drat the dude only casts a couple of matches a season now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want to make an imba league map where workers can carry 8 of anything except other transports

or one where everything can mine. or both.

load 8 marines up in an scv and long distance mine by sniping the minerals

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/17944912/legacy-of-the-void-multiplayer-development-update-february-12-2015-2-12-2015

stuff changed

no more herc (good because the herc was insaaaane)
they're trying to slow down combat by lowering attack speeds but keeping damage the same which sounds like they just want stutter stepping all the time
thor lost the auto-repair
they're making a new protoss unit that sounds cool, it can pop out clones that are invincible and blink to them
immortal barrier is now 100hp and you don't have to research it. compare it to 10 hits from anything over 10 damage in hots. it's gonna make them sick against smaller units but worse against bigger stuff
roaches now have free burrow movement
the infestor antiair skill is on vipers now

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 14, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yep. talk about stuff not being final. hasn't even been like a month since those videos and they took out the HERC and thor self-repair, and are talking about other new units.

they also want a terran unit that sort of has a TF2 engineer role of building structures quickly on the field and poo poo which sounds like it could be cool but, yeah, tentative as hell. may not even make it past the drawing board

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

yep. talk about stuff not being final. hasn't even been like a month since those videos and they took out the HERC and thor self-repair, and are talking about other new units.

they also want a terran unit that sort of has a TF2 engineer role of building structures quickly on the field and poo poo which sounds like it could be cool but, yeah, tentative as hell. may not even make it past the drawing board

the raven?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
slowing down combat also seems like it'd hurt zerglings more than anything else

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
insytead of "slowing down combat" they shold simply remove COLOSSUS from the game. POS units suck balls. replace them with REAVER

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
have you tried the Mass Recall Retro Mod?

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-mass-recall/files/34-mass-recall-retro-edition-v5-2-english/

(bad gif)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

looks cool lol no never tried it, i only ladder due to fail autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i like the sc2 reaver design, too bad it wasn't used

• Locked thread