Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
and it is still bad

also lol at them asking if the dead people from face book want to friend me in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Actually it's better than that, imp. It's the best RTS on the market. A true 1v1 experience of strategic and tactical command. Two generals fighting to the death on a variety of battlefields with different formations that require different approaches. And that's not even including the different tile sets that make the commander feel like they're conquering a vast spectrum of worlds. If you're looking for a break neck multiplayer experience you can do no better than the Blizzard Masterpiece: Starcraft 2.

Hell, it's about drat time.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
tard craft 2

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Lemme get right on that.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
get your six to a heling fountain - tychus findlay

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Actually it's better than that, imp. It's the best RTS on the market. A true 1v1 experience of strategic and tactical command. Two generals fighting to the death on a variety of battlefields with different formations that require different approaches. And that's not even including the different tile sets that make the commander feel like they're conquering a vast spectrum of worlds. If you're looking for a break neck multiplayer experience you can do no better than the Blizzard Masterpiece: Starcraft 2.

Hell, it's about drat time.

It's not the best RTS on the market because you can buy Brood War right here: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best RTS on the market is Warlocked on the Game Boy Color.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Mega64 posted:

The best RTS on the market is Warlocked on the Game Boy Color.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I forgot that Starcraft 2 existed

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

How do we all feel about that Grey Goo game that is being pushed through every single advertising platform right now. On one hand it's by a bunch of Westwood vets and C&C/RA were great. On the other hand they only ever made a single good Dune game and then they went bankrupt.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

no I don't feel like friending the guy who OD on drugs starcraft II/facebook, thanks though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
SC2 is pretty good.

I really like people defending Brood War's fuckups as elite things that make the game better like this:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/429573-broodwar-and-starcraft-2-pathing

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the campaign mode is fun but the multiplayer is not

kinda the opposite of the original starcraft, the campaign on that was usually poo poo

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

SC2 is pretty good.

I really like people defending Brood War's fuckups as elite things that make the game better like this:

i liked broodwars because of the better custom games and less stale online play and probably because i was like 10, not because of gay pathfinding bugs

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

SC2 is pretty good.

They're defending it because it made the skill cap higher. I don't really care either way because I only really played UMS games.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Dexters Secret posted:

the campaign mode is fun but the multiplayer is not

kinda the opposite of the original starcraft, the campaign on that was usually poo poo

you can import the starcraft 1 campaign into starcraft 2 and it's pretty weird to play

Silver Striker posted:

They're defending it because it made the skill cap higher. I don't really care either way because I only really played UMS games.

playing ssf4ae with a guitar hero controller makes the skill cap higher but that doesn't make it a better idea, gently caress having arbitrary skill caps

part of that article is upset over how decisions have consequences in strategy because you dont have to micro everry unit anymore and it means combat requires superior numbers or something else completely unreasonable

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 24, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
SC2 sucks and you suck at SC2 so i think that about covers it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm not good at it but i still think the thing where people think any streamlining is bad is dumb

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Well the argument that article is making is that it completely changed the meta game from micromanagement of your units to just building a big death ball. It's not really making a judgment call either way. I thought it was interesting to read about how broken Brood War's pathfinding was, though.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
i like the campaign

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Tiler Kiwi posted:

tard craft 2

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Nice. Check it out everyone! Free turds at the supermarket today!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

now there is a man who likes his turds

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Diablo 3 is free too? Haha I kid... Heroes of the Storm is free too? Hearthstone... is free now too?? *slowly starts to turn away but suddenly whip back to facing you* ACTIVISIONBLIZZARD the company IS FREE TODAY?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

is diablo 3 actually free cause lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

blizzard makes boring, lifeless videogames.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

and it is still bad

also lol at them asking if the dead people from face book want to friend me in game

I don't see anything about it being free?

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I don't see anything about it being free?

https://us.battle.net/account/sc2/starter-edition/

quote:

Play the first five missions of the epic single-player campaign, wage unrelenting war on your friends in pulse-pounding multiplayer battles, and try the free StarCraft II Arcade. Get in the fight!

you get 5 missions single player, all multiplayer, and all custom maps

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Did they make it fully free for multi or is it Terran only still

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is true and it also applies to valve games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

this is true and it also applies to valve games

valve adds infinitely more character to their games in comparison to blizzard

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I just tried to make a game vs an AI and yah I could be protoss

I don't own poo poo

also I got their map downloader and the arcade custom map thing confused gently caress if I know what is going on

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

valve adds infinitely more character to their games in comparison to blizzard

valve does a good job with their characters but their stuff has the same excessive polish that makes them wear thin after a really short time

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sc2 is fun, the campaign is cool and the multiplayer mods are awesome

the trick to enjoying regular multiplayer is to play unranked

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the trick to enjoying regular multiplayer is to play unranked
Widow mines, reapers, and battlecruisers only

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kylra posted:

Widow mines, reapers, and battlecruisers only

mech terran is very fun

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Star Craft? I'm loving sick of these voxel-based space exploration sims on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Doctor Goat posted:

SC2 is pretty good.

This is not at all what this blog post is doing, but keep crying about it, it's pretty obvious you're not arguing in good faith.

• Locked thread