Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IcePhoenix posted:

incredible joy from watching what Jeremy Lin does to people.

no one has given a poo poo about lin in like three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Mornacale posted:

Some form of innate masochism, reinforced by decades of being a Pirates fan, has led me to value "actually being good at the sport" very low in selecting my favorite sports players.

I understand this mentality and fully embrace it. If I had voted in this poll, my top 3 would have been Austin Rivers, Anthony Davis, and Al-Farouq Aminu.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I voted for Kent Bazemore because he is the platonic ideal of a basketball player

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would assume the Platonic Ideal of basketball would involve occasionally playing basketball.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

IcePhoenix posted:

I get incredible joy from watching Josh Smith play for other teams and incredible joy from watching what Jeremy Lin does to people.

Jeremy Lin seems funny until he is on your team and you get to argue with Lin fans (yes there are still many Lin fans) like trying to hold back a hurricane of lovely basketball opinions.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

chunkles posted:

Jeremy Lin seems funny until he is on your team and you get to argue with Lin fans (yes there are still many Lin fans) like trying to hold back a hurricane of lovely basketball opinions.

Replace Lin with Jimmer. This is my current hell.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

Replace Lin with Jimmer. This is my current hell.

There are Jimmer-only fans?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Igor Strelkov posted:

Surely in Utah.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Igor Strelkov posted:

Way more than you think. A third of all comments on anything Pelicans related seems like they're Jimmer focused.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
During the, like, 2 months he was in Chicago a bunch of people were mad at Thibodeau for not Freeing Jimmer, despite having no reason to have any opinion about him as a professional basketball player. It's not like he was 'showing flashes' or anything; he was just a warm body at the end of the bench who got absolutely no burn. Jimmer inspires weird feelings in people

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chunkles posted:

yeah, most of the players I voted for because they make me laugh only do so because they aren't on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Igor Strelkov posted:

There is a reason Utah has gone out of their way to avoid him.

• Locked thread