Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


Angela West, The Were-Alien
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Sweaty

I watch Ally run off curiously, what has her running off so seriously? Well, as long as she did the bit with the coffee it hardly mattered... Maybe I should ask Gene about it to to be sure though. Ally might back out if someone pressured her the other way. That train of thought is quickly discarded though when I see Victor coming around the corner. I shift around to walk along side him, look over at his tablet and tray. "Whatcha got there?"

"Well, knock me over with a tri-corder, Victor Pendalyon going to a party? ...... About time, anyway." I put on a mock expression of shock, then let out a small snort as my grin breaks through. "Oh hooo~" Cocking an eyebrow at him, I give his side a teasing nudge with my elbow. "I'd say I do, but I do have an awfully long line of admirers cuing up to go to parties with me. If you want to go with me, the least you can do is ask." I lean up a bit closer to him, letting my hair fall to brush against him, my breath playing on his neck. I'm having fun giving him a hard time, but if he's going to the party there isn't anyone I'd rather be there with tonight.

Turn on Victor [00:53] godfish !r 2d6+1 [00:53] Krysmbot godfish, 5+1 = 6: wa wa waaaaa

Aaaand here comes Ally again, perfect timing Ally. Not. I glance at Victor and give him an apologetic shrug. "Guess I should probably hear her out... Meet you back here in five?" I start to drift away from him off towards Ally. "Whats up?" She was sounding pretty nervous back there, was she going to confess or something? Oh man that would be so awkward right after that bit with Victor. And she probably wouldn't want to do the coffee thing if I turn her down either, drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Marcia, you stand up quickly enough that you bang your legs on the table. You start to fall backwards before a large, strong pair of hands catch you. It's Thomas, one of the guys from security, and Marco.

The Narrator says, "Her heart fluttered, and she briefly wanted Thomas to hold her close and never let go. Alas, she knew it could never be."

Thomas, for his part, just looks down at you and says, "Oh, uh. Hi. You ok?"

Thomas takes a string on you.

Angela, Victor raises an eyebrow as you walk off, but he just says, "Don't worry. Not planning on going anywhere without you."

Victor takes a string on you.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 07:48

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Ally Jay
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 | Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5

Alright, just play to her personality and she can't possibly suspect anything, yeah? That's how it works, I think? I hope?

"Uh, hey, so, you said you wanted to go to the party, and, eh, I said I wanted to go to the party too, and... A lot of people also want to go to the party and Angela I kind of need you, um, to go find Gene and ask him for a Class 15-ATI7 portable power generator, the ones that are like little storage drives, and we really need one or else I don't know if the party can even happen because there's not really enough power without me getting in a lot of trouble, but if I ask Gene then he'll get all suspicious because why would I need a generator since I'm in charge of power in the first place and if I go get it myself I'd be on the access logs and I'd still get in trouble and Angela I'm so sorry I know you were already asking me for things but this is important I think and I can't really do it myself!"

Smooth. Well, I guess that wasn't technically lying, at least.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


Angela West, The Were-Alien
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Sweaty

Don't worry. Not planning on going anywhere without you. Oh god, that actually made me blush a little, I'm actually blushing, gently caress. I haven't blushed in ages. Thankfully I'm pretty sure Ally doesn't notice as we walk to somewhere a bit more private. Once we get there, Ally seems a bit nervous to start this off, and then starts talking about me wanting to go to the party, and her wanting to go the party, oh god she really is going to confess isn't she? And then it veers off course. A power generator... "I thought the power supply for the party was already taken care of? Why would you get in trouble now, no one has cared so far." Anyone who'd planned a party before now had managed to it settled at least a day before, there wasn't much you could do without it.

Well, she had a good point I guess, Gene probably would be the right guy to go to to ask about that sort of thing, and it might raise some questions if Ally asked her, though Gene didn't really seem the type to pry no matter who it was. Doing this for Ally, and the party, would be a good way of making sure she does that coffee thing. "Well, alright. I'll see what I can do, but you have to promise, promise that you'll have the coffee thing taken care of monday morning. Not earlier than that mind you."

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Ally Jay
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 | Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5

Phew, that wasn't so bad after all. "Um, well, even those parties haven't really been okay. I think it's starting to stack up though, since I'm getting messages from the teachers telling me to tighten up my overwatch. I really don't want to get in trouble, but I'd be ruining the whole night if I just didn't power the party and I am kind of curious since I've never been to one before and I don't really know anything about parties at all but I do know they use an awful lot of power for some reason despite just being in one room. Uh, but, yeah, I think I've got something planned for the coffee, and I can set it up over the weekend for sure, promise."


So that makes that, but there's something else that's bugging me. Angela was already actually getting sweaty before and when I had to get her away from that boy it seemed like she was sweating even more, and her face looks really flushed too. I'd read some things about how humans get sick since I didn't really understand it and doesn't this seem a lot like she has a 'fever'? But that wouldn't be very good if she's around a number of other people at a party since being sick spreads rapidly. You're supposed to put your hand on someone's forehead to see if they're hot, at least in those holofilms I'd seen. So... I just kind of do that. I've seen humans do it a lot, so this shouldn't be weird at all! The handful of sweat I get kind of is, though.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

M. S. Blaine

I blurt out a "No!" at the situation and the Narrator, then try to compose myself in front of the huge guy that's got me by both arms. I realize he asked me a question that I accidentally answered completely wrong. "--I mean, yes. Am I in trouble?" I should be: I've organized a secret party and conspired against Computer with a Section 31 spy. If they know any of that it'll be the brig for me. Can't be acting captain from the brig, Blaine, gently caress... Oh god and then I won't be able to make the Choice that the Narrator has been foreshadowing. People could die! I start trying to come up with a plan to escape the certified inescapable brig. Lives depend on it!

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1 Harm: /4 XP: 3/5 Conditions:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


Angela West, The Were-Alien
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Sweaty

"Great, great." I flash Ally a quick smile as she agrees and says she already has something in mind, then I tune her out to think about other things. I should try to find Gene before lunch is over, but right now I'd rather get back to Victor and see what he has to say. Well, I already know what he has to say, really, but I still want to hear it. I can feel my heart beating a little faster in my chest as I think about it, and the flush starting to creep back. Then suddenly, Ally is right up in my face, giving me a concerned look and putting her hand up to my forehead.

Lash out at Ally: [20:43] godfish !r 2d6+2 [20:43] Krysmbot godfish, 5+2 = 7
I'll give Ally a string on me, and gain one on her from Primal Dominance


Wham! Without even thinking I swipe my arm up, knocking Ally's away from me hard, much harder than I would normally, and practically snarl at her. "What do you think you'r-" I stop, staring at her, the anger is gone just as suddenly as it came, and shake my head. "Sorry. I just-" What was I doing? All she did was put her hand on my forehead... Without asking! Pretty rude. "Sorry." I should go.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Ally and Angela, Victor runs over. He looks at Ally suspiciously and asks, "Angela, what happened? I saw her grab at you and then you took a swing? Was she trying to pull something?"
Ally, Take an XP from Catch of the Day

Marcia, Marco chuckles and says, "No, no. Thomas here just wants to know if you've got a date for the party tonight. And I figure you could talk to him about your problem."
Thomas blushes, but then looks concerned yet hopeful, "Oh, is there something I can do to help?"
Marco rolls his eyes and shakes his head, "I've still got some things to do myself, so I'll leave you to sort this out. And Thomas. Maybe you would want to let go of her? She's probably got her feet by now."
He blushes even deeper and lets you stand up on your own. Then, Thomas mumbles, "Sorry about that."
Unfortunately, Tempus has to bow out, so Marco is now an NPC

Gene and Psilae, Gwen walks over to the both of you. She says, "I kept hearing my name while you two were chatting over here. What are you two talkin' about?" She comes to stand slightly between the two of you, right next to Psilae. What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2015 around 22:02

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Ally Jay
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 | Harm 1/4 | XP 3/5

Angela's sudden swatting ends up putting my hand in my own face. I'm not really sure what happened, maybe I was doing it wrong? Maybe I was supposed to ask first, but if people get told something they'll start thinking it and then it'll be hard to tell anyways, right? I dunno, my eye hurts now and that boy's looking at me all mean and I probably shouldn't have done that at all.

I try to mumble out an apology but I can't really put words together. And Angela's apologizing, so maybe I'm not supposed to? Was it just a mistake? I don't know, I can't figure this out at all. I just shouldn't be here, she told me to do something so I should be doing it. Just get away, go away, go do what you're supposed to be doing Ally!


Ally's freaking out and trying to get out of there. Rolling +Volatile (2d6-1 10) and getting extremely lucky. Ally gets to go somewhere safe, but I was actually aiming for a poo poo roll to scamper off into some other people, so where do I end up (all safe and not accidentally giving myself another black eye)?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e


Psilae, the Queen
Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1.
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions:

Psilae sounds like she's going to start saying something when--oh. Oh. Oh. "Oh! G, Gwen! We were just, aah....that is....then! I said 'then!' Because I was telling Gene a story about, um...things that happened in class, and I thought it was very amusing but maybe we, aah, have a different sense of humor than humans do and..." She is just digging the hole deeper, huh?

Psilae shoots Gene an ohgod-help-me-out-here look, or as close to that as a mushroomlady can get.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Gene Solomon
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2, Resentment 0/3
0/4 Harm | 0/5 XP | Conditions: None


All I can think of doing is smiling and staring when Gwen comes up. I wasn't expecting her in the slightest! It's only when Psilae turns her eyes to me--I think she's trying to say "do something!"--that I snap out of the reverie and do something.

"Oh, yeah. Uh, well, we were talking about class, and one thing led to the next, and Psilae was telling me about the party...and how you wanted to come...and you couldn't come..." Aaah, stop rambling and get to the point, Gene! "...because of some kind of schedule change? Do you know what happened there?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Gene and Psilae, Gwen looks between the two of you before shaking her head and saying with a grin, "You guys are being weird." She's surprisingly gentle as she hugs Psilae close, adding, "But it's ok. It's one of the reasons I like you." When Gene asks about her schedule shift, though, her face goes dark, and she releases Psilae. Her lip curls up in disgust as she says, "Yeah, Goome owed me for covering a shift of his a few days ago when he wanted to go out on a date with someone. They canceled on him, though. So, he's saying it doesn't count, and he's refusing to cover mine." She shakes her head, adding mostly to Psilae, "I'm sorry. Unless I go AWOL, I can't make it tonight. I just wish that Goome wasn't being such a jackass."
Psilae, who canceled on Goome and why?
Gene, what did you do to try and make him feel better when you ran into Goome sobbing in the corridors?

Ally, without any better ideas, you clean yourself up and then head to the classroom for warp mechanics. The teacher isn't there yet, but there's a few students putting the final touches on their project.
Why does the teacher creep you out?

Angela, after Ally tears off, Victor looks at you and asks, "So, you ok? What was her problem, anyway?"
Who was the last person you lashed out at like that?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

M. S. Blaine

"I don't have a date and I don't want one. And you're too big to help me with what Marco was talking about. Which he should have known." I don't know if that's true, or whether the holodeck could change his size to let him impersonate me or Marco, but he'd still be big in all the wrong places. I'm talking about his heart. He's innocent, maybe even a little dumb, and that makes him totally unsuitable for either of the tasks he's asking to be part of. Asking him to be subjected to Computer's harassment and the bullshit drama of a relationship with me would just be wrong, and preparing him for either of them would be too. I'm doing him a favor really, although he'll never realize it.

The Narrator backs me up. "Even though her heart selfishly says yes, what's right comes before her desires. Maybe later when she's ready she'll be able to return to his strong arms--" Okay, that's enough of that. Point is, I'm right to do it.

shut down thomas: 2d6-1 6
Elsewise Powering one use of Watchful Golem: When you defend someone without them ever knowing about it, mark experience. The Narrator gains a string on me.
Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1 Harm: /4 XP: 4/5 Conditions:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Ally Jay
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 | Harm 1/4 | XP 3/5

>pb /warpmech_7mon/ "Now, since warping's all about distorting space, you don't have to worry about ramming into things along the way since you're not going to be occupying the same space as them. But, exiting warp's a little different. Sensors should be enough to tell if you're good to go without just ending up right in another ship's rear end, but the smaller stuff's usually not gonna get noticed. That's most of why you keep shields up for warping! Not so great for those dopey little critters caught out in a bad spot, but hey, what can you do?"


Mister Mac's not really a bad guy or anything. Most of the other cadets think he's fun, despite hating what he teaches. I just can't really help but get weirded out when he talks about ships ramming into things in space... When you're just floating around, everything's peaceful, and suddenly a giant wall of lights comes quite literally out of nowhere threatening to slam right into you, it's super scary! It probably only bothers me, but I'm just glad Warp Mechanics is easy so I don't have to ask Mister Mac for help or anything.

"'Ey! Ally! How's it going, early as always. And ouch, looks like one of the doors came right outta warp into your face! Hahah, no but seriously, you should swing by Medical later and get that checked if you haven't already." Mister Mac pats my shoulder as he walks past me, but I just kind of freeze up. Just being here was already making me all worried, now I'm just stuck thinking about that time I was floating around a dead titan and one warped right into the wreck and everything started flying all over the place and auuugh. I reach for my hood to pull it over my head, both to feel a bit safer and to hide my eye, but Angela still has it. Today's the worst...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Gene Solomon
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2, Resentment 0/3
0/4 Harm | 0+1/5 XP | Conditions: None


Goome, Goome...oh, I remember him. A week ago I saw him running in the halls crying about how his would-be date was a two timing...I'm not finishing that phrase. He practically ran into me, still blubbering into my chest, and said that all he wanted to do was forget that the "two-timing" had ever happened. So I sat him down with a replicated chocolate cake and...obliged him. When I was done, he didn't even remember ever organizing a date, or why he was eating a cake at the same table as me. He say he was done, got up, and went back to his room. Didn't even say thanks for the cake. Maybe I could have fulfilled his wishes more...tactfully.

But it's pretty obvious now. This is at least partially my fault for interfering with Goome's memory of missing his date. I need to set things right. And that means helping Gwen with her problem, right now.

"Oh, I...understand," I say out loud as I start tapping at my tricorder, seemingly absentmindedly. "I understand why this must be so painful to you." I've called up Goome's and Gwen's schedules on the tricorder. It's showing that Goome officially has "rack time" and Gwen is on station later this stardate. "Let's hope he can be less of an rear end, too." Could it be so easy as having the shifts switch? Only one way to find out. I reach out with my mind. So let it be done.

Time to tap into Friend Like Me for the firs time!
[22:22:27] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+2
[22:22:28] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 3+2 = 5
Nooo, don't fail now, Gene!


Nothing's changed. Why has nothing changed?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Gene, she glances at you while you start pecking away at your tricorder. She starts to say something, and then her brow knits in thought. She then snatches the tricorder out of your hand and looks it over. She says, "Where'd you find this? I got a report from Alfred that he had a custom tricorder just like this that went missing." She shrugs, "Well, either way, I should probably return it to him." She starts to walk off in search of Alfred. What do you do?

Marcia, Thomas' face falls, and you see his lips move. However, he's speaking too low for you to hear. He turns away and rushes out of the mess hall. People are staring at you, and you hear whispers.
The Narrator says, "Feeling like she'd just kicked a puppy, she distracts herself by deciding on who to recruit for the next step of her plan." What do you do?
Thomas takes a string on you.

Ally, while you're waiting in the room, you spot Nguyen, the science cadet in everyone says is going to get dropped from the program, frantically looking around, then start copying someone else's work. No one else seems to have noticed. What do you do?

Psilae, after she confiscates the tricorder, Gwen apologizes to you, but she's got to keep going on her patrol and drop it off. Before she goes, she says, "Don't worry about me. Have fun tonight, ok?" It occurs to you that if it's just Goome refusing to switch, you could just go talk to him. Why don't you want to just go and ask him? Do you do it anyway? What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2015 around 02:12

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Ally Jay
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 | Harm 1/4 | XP 3/5

A distraction, something to concentrate on that isn't me right now... Hm? Oh, come on Nguyen I taught you this last week, how do you keep forgetting the base propulsion factor? I walk up behind her and watch for just a moment, grabbing the drawstrings of my jack- right. As if I didn't look weird enough putting my hand on Angela's face... She seems absorbed enough in darting her eyes around the room and scribbling what seems to just be random figures she's deciding for some reason, but it'll pain me if I let her keep trying in vain to solve this problem.

"Ngu, uh, that. You wrote the base factor upside down, and everything under that is wrong as a result. And, um, I think you started trying to do the next problem in the middle here." I start trying to salvage what she's put on her datapad so far, and as I do so the girl sitting next to her seems to be in a panic deleting what she had and scribbling like mad. She must have made the same mistake, huh?

Doesn't take too long to go through the entire problem for her. There weren't many on the homework so it feels a little weird to just end up doing a big chunk of it for her, but Ngu's a nice enough girl and seems to take things seriously, even if it seems like nothing sticks to her. Ever. Besides, the homework's to prove you know what you're doing, so showing her how to do it works along the same lines, right?

"Honestly Ngu, if you were having this much trouble you should've just come by and asked me for help like I keep telling you to, I'm not up to much at night." Last time I offered, she'd said something about that being 'a little too forward', I think? Didn't quite understand what she meant, but maybe she's just too nervous to admit when she's forgotten things? I know I get pretty worried when I realize I'd missed something, though I guess that's usually just from dozing off through an alarm. Maybe not quite the same for her?

I give her a little hug, kind of like Angela did when she caught me in the hall. It seemed like a friendly kind of thing to do, and not weird? "You've been a buddy to me, so don't worry about it! You won't be bugging me at all."


Rolling +Hot (2d6-1 4) to Turn Nguyen On. Racking up failures left and right, let's go.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


Angela West, The Were-Alien
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Sweaty

Oh god Victor saw too fuuuuck I hosed up. "Er, no, nothing like that." poo poo I can't just say I gave her a black eye for no reason, but I can't let her take the blame for attacking me or anything like that. A: It'd be wrong and B: I still need her to do that poo poo with the coffee for me. And she goes running off. "No, she just, uh." What do I do what do I do? What the hell is coming over me? I shouldn't be this flustered about anything, I'm Angela. She hosed up, and I don't get flustered by anyone, not even Victor. Yeah, I got this.

Hold Steady [00:37] <godfish> !r 2d6-1 [00:37] <Krysmbot> godfish, 6-1 = 5

"She just stuck her hand on my forehead and then I freaked out and hit her out of nowhere!" poo poo that was like the worst way I could have possibly said that. What's he going to think now? Ugh, I can't look. "Sorry, gotta go!" With that, I turn and run. Gotta find somewhere to cool down. I can talk it over with Victor and Ally later, when whatever is going on wears off. Seriously what is wrong with me today?

run away from your problems [00:41] <godfish> !r 2d6+2 [00:41] <Krysmbot> godfish, 11+2 = 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Gene Solomon
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2, Resentment 0/3
0/4 Harm | 0+1/5 XP | Conditions: None


"Found it? I--" And then she takes it right out of my hands. Can she do that? Can she...can she do that?!

"Alfred?! He...Psilae...can she do that?! Hey, wait! Uh...wait!"

I reach out and grab her wrist to try to correct the misunderstanding. I do get fingers around it, but...oh dear. I think I've seen something like this one someone left the holodeck on. I mean, I don't want to get on my knees and beg for my controller back, but...I'm not a very proud person, really. I look up and lock eyes with her...

I need strings on someone, anyone, so turn her on!
[20:57:22] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[20:57:23] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 12+1 = 13
Well...!

  • Locked thread
«2 »