Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

Persona 3 and 4 the "power of friendship" is more like "go out and make friends, not because you want friends, but because doing so will LITERALLY make you more powerful, in the form of summoning stronger persona". It's not working together that saves the day. You are just a crazy person manipulating others into loving you to increase your own power.

no, they're my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Inflammatory posted:

no, they're my friends.

Well you can take it either way, as the player.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
hey there, statutory rape nurse. i'm not here to gently caress, but every time i say no to you i get stronger at summoning devils.

hey drama club girl i'm gonna follow you to the hospital and see you when you're arguing w/ your mom so i can learn to summon asura. don't mind me

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I don't mind that power of friendship bullshit, but hopefully the lovely calendar system and boring social links are not in P5.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope Persona 5 has a timed mechanic like Lightning Returns, make enough friends before the clock strikes down or the world will end.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Mercurochrome posted:

I don't mind that power of friendship bullshit, but hopefully the lovely calendar system and boring social links are not in P5.
I wouldn't hold my breath, friend

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Or maybe just add an option to rest/sleep/skip days until something story related happens. That'd be neat

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think you can just sleep in all day every day in Persona 3. Oh, I remember, because you could get tired in the original version.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
there was timeskip in devil survivor but eh not very useful imo.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Mercurochrome posted:

Or maybe just add an option to rest/sleep/skip days until something story related happens. That'd be neat

your playing the game wrong, loving christ this makes me angry

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Meme Emulator posted:

RIP Jiminez, I had pierce reflect and a doppleganger who also has pierce reflect and he killed himself immediately

Lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mercurochrome posted:

You monster

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mercurochrome posted:

:milk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mercurochrome posted:

What the christ.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best part of Persona 4 is when you catch the "killer" and then nothing happens for like a month because it's summer break and you just wander around town for like 5 or 6 hours.

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

there was timeskip in devil survivor but eh not very useful imo.

i never used it, you usually have better things to be doing with that time if not always

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I never once slept in a day in Persona 3 Portable. It's just a bad idea, you could be doing something beneficial with that day. Hell, even taking advantage of every day you're still likely to miss maxing at least some of your social links.

I liked Persona 3 but honestly after playing SMT4 I don't see myself ever playing another Persona unless it's pretty dramatically improved.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Honestly Persona 3 struck me as rather gloomy for a ~power of friendship~ themed game. It's an interesting sort of atmosphere.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

StandardVC10 posted:

Honestly Persona 3 struck me as rather gloomy for a ~power of friendship~ themed game. It's an interesting sort of atmosphere.

i think the mc is supposed to be suffering from depression or anime blues or whatever,

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the female main character has a lot more energy but the male main character is just kind of down

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SMT: Strange Journey emulates perfectly on the Drastic emulator and I am very happy to be able to play it now when I can't use my DS.

I wish there were some way to easily transfer my save files though; does anyone know a decent way to do that on a DS cart?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if it's a real DS cart you're boned I think

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

if it's a real DS cart you're boned I think

It is. Oh well, maybe I can try some new fusions I never got around to doing.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
P3 male MC was great. Run everywhere with your hands in your pockets.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTPTYn01_h8

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
strange journey is a really great game and the megaten thread poo pooed it when I asked about it way back when it's easily in the top 3 megaten games imho

I would like to see 30 hours of smt content instead of persona

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stream schedule.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
loving lmao

quote:

8:00 – Persona 4 Golden Vita the Best version launch commemoration special – The “Greatest Hits” version of Persona 4 Golden launches February 5. This segment will reveal fans’ top 10 favorite Persona 4 Golden characters, as conducted via a pre-stream vote.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/01/february-4-persona-news-livestream-schedule-announced#gp33R24qkyS6eYrX.99

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder who wins. I hope it's Chie or Rise.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cool, a bunch of crap i don't care about

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

let's hope at least one of those ??? is persona 5 info

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hubris.height posted:

strange journey is a really great game and the megaten thread poo pooed it when I asked about it way back when it's easily in the top 3 megaten games imho

wtf is wrong with that thread

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

let's hope at least one of those ??? is persona 5 info

prolly the last one will be

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

who the gently caress cares about fighting games anymore

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I wonder who wins. I hope it's Chie or Rise.

It'll be Marie.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It'll be Marie.

probably cause japan is voting

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It'll be Marie.

hosed up

Adbot