Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
IMO gameboy and all its latest iterations have been the only consistently good gaming platforms or w/e. There's still good stuff on the other consoles but they are fewer and far between. Gaming for me really peaked between 98-05. A big issue is that demographics have changed a lot and most kids and teenagers are use to companies whoring out dlc and churning out titles at a lesser degree of quality.

What sucks a lot is that many series I use to excitedly look forward to have gone down the shitter , like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy,Ace Combat etc. I feel like there's less to look forward to unless a company tries to be bold with a new IP, like when Demons Souls came out. A big problem too now is that devs all too frequently push out titles that are half done/still in beta testing and this has become an industry standard now. DLC whoring sucks too and is here to stay, sadly. I miss when a game would come out with tons of extra content to do and then maybe a few years later you'd get an expansion. People will argue that that was like our own version of dlc but it really wasn't since most expansions had just as much content as stand alone games now.

Oh well.

Manchild reporting in that's nearly 30 and still makes care posts about games.

Spoderman posted:

Resident Evil 4 has held up. RE5 didn't even hold up long enough for a second playthrough, but RE4's still got it.

RE4 to me is one of those timeless games, like Streets of Rage 2, where I can still beat it over and over without feeling bored. Everything about it just feels so top notch.

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread