Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

I have to listen to Jones' Queensland Election radio specials as part of my job, so I thank you for this. It helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
You could have at least included a link to the best version of AAF ever, OP (starts at 1:35).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEycVMKoJo

Ridiculously quiet here in Sydney. No smell of burning meat and no pissed people wandering the streets.

And if you think the current second verse sucks, be glad we ditched the original second verse.

quote:

When gallant Cook from Albion sailed,
To trace wide oceans o'er,
True British courage bore him on,
Til he landed on our shore.
Then here he raised Old England's flag,
The standard of the brave;
"With all her faults we love her still"
"Britannia rules the wave."
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 26, 2015

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Has anyone one mentioned that we gave a self-entitled, privileged, drunken, sexist, racist, completely un-self-aware oval office a knighthood? Toned Abs is a fuckin genius comedian.

Happy Straya Day.

Cunts.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

gently caress off were full

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Nien posted:

Has anyone one mentioned that we gave a self-entitled, privileged, drunken, sexist, racist, completely un-self-aware oval office a knighthood? Toned Abs is a fuckin genius comedian.

Tony gave Phil a knighthood in the hope of scoring one of his own from ERII down the track. I don't think anyone has a clue how Phil is supposed to have "served Australia", let alone with distinction.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Lolie posted:

You could have at least included a link to the best version of AAF ever, OP (starts at 1:35).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEycVMKoJo

Ridiculously quiet here in Sydney. No smell of burning meat and no pissed people wandering the streets.

And if you think the current second verse sucks, be glad we ditched the original second verse.

I like it when at sporting events the first verse finishes, everyone sits down, but then... the music keeps going??? And the singer in the middle of the stadium keeps singing? And everyone looks around at each other like what the gently caress is going on mate, why are they making up more words for the anthem, that's loving un-Australian is what it is mate.

Also at the Sydney Olympics, when they sang the USA national anthem all the Seppos were standing up, hand on heart, shedding a single patriotic tear and roaring out the lyrics with all their might. Then the Australian anthem comes on and everyone kind of forgets the words after "Australians all eat ostriches" and start vaguely mouthing the words they think are right, trying to see what other people are singing. Is it "history's page" or "history's stage"? I don't loving know! No one loving knows!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHZ17anodtY

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I like it when at sporting events the first verse finishes, everyone sits down, but then... the music keeps going??? And the singer in the middle of the stadium keeps singing? And everyone looks around at each other like what the gently caress is going on mate, why are they making up more words for the anthem, that's loving un-Australian is what it is mate.

Also at the Sydney Olympics, when they sang the USA national anthem all the Seppos were standing up, hand on heart, shedding a single patriotic tear and roaring out the lyrics with all their might. Then the Australian anthem comes on and everyone kind of forgets the words after "Australians all eat ostriches" and start vaguely mouthing the words they think are right, trying to see what other people are singing. Is it "history's page" or "history's stage"? I don't loving know! No one loving knows!

To be fair, I doubt many Brits know more than the first verse of God Save the Queen.

And really

quote:

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

is as clumsy as anything in AAF, but Yanks don't care and they'll belt out awkward lyrics anyway, whereas we mumble most of the lyrics under our breath.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 26, 2015

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I chose fruity gordo for those who are interested. A fine drop for $3 to the litre

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FreudianSlippers posted:

Australians should gently caress off home to Britain and stop making GBS threads up Australia.

Yeah because it had a ton going for it

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

mookface posted:

Yeah because it had a ton going for it

You don't own an iron ore mine do you m8?

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

ColtMcAsskick posted:

I chose fruity gordo for those who are interested. A fine drop for $3 to the litre

May your spew be painless

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nien posted:

You don't own an iron ore mine do you m8?

Specifically no

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i mine iron ore in runescape and sell it in varrock to the lvl 74 archer XxPalmer69xX

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
koalas get made fun of but holding one is adorable it's like a baby gripping you hard

edit: a furry baby that doesn't look like a retarded person

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 26, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Feranon posted:

has australia even contributed anything to the world besides steve irwin

Elle Macpherson and Miranda Kerr.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Just a reminder that australia voted for tony abbot in case you were having some kind of pride in this poo poo country of idiots.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

as an american i like grilled meats but i dont want to go to australia because i imagine its full of retards

why are you imagining that when you're living it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahf77qzEnE

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Motherfucker posted:

Just a reminder that australia voted for tony abbot in case you were having some kind of pride in this poo poo country of idiots.

mmyess no other country has never voted for a mildly distasteful leader

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

"I got my breakfast right here"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Neurosis posted:

mmyess no other country has never voted for a mildly distasteful leader

you seem defensive of bad choices, is that why you're still fat?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Pookum posted:

wait it doesnt snow ? some guy earlier said it was 38 degrees right now thats cold enough to snow

Lol

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

this reminds me of a time when paul fenech wasnt terrible and made good things

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Motherfucker posted:

you seem defensive of bad choices, is that why you're still fat?

mmyes anyone disagreeing with an anglo pileon is fat, noted

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Neurosis posted:

mmyes anyone disagreeing with an anglo pileon is fat, noted

you did not rebuke my claim and now I know you're a fatass for real.

Nothing you say has merit till you can stop being fat for once you tubby poo poo.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Motherfucker posted:

you did not rebuke my claim and now I know you're a fatass for real.

Nothing you say has merit till you can stop being fat for once you tubby poo poo.

im not fat

what now puppetmaster?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
every country is full of retards

all people are retarded

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Neurosis posted:

im not fat

what now puppetmaster?

Now the entertainment of watching a fat guy argue on the net is gone.

Why do you hate fun?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

every country is full of retards

No, Australia's full of ostriches. Ask any little school kid - it says so in the first line of our national anthem.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Lolie posted:

No, Australia's full of ostriches. Ask any little school kid - it says so in the first line of our national anthem.

Ostriches and kangaroos can't walk backwards, that's what Mike Hussey said on the cricket today, happy rained-out Australia Day Sydney

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

Happy Australia Day from Andy, the Prime Minister

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Lolie posted:

I was very distressed about this as a small child. Ostriches are our national bird, we shouldn't be eating them! :(

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Half the dogs in the neighbourhood are going nuts over the fireworks at the moment.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Lolie posted:

Half the dogs in the neighbourhood are going nuts over the fireworks at the moment.

Do you live in Newtown because my dog is going nuts.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Nien posted:

Do you live in Newtown because my dog is going nuts.

Nah. And the fireworks have finished here now. My dog just plonked herself on me while it was happening, like all brave protectors of home and hearth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
Let's lively up this thread with decent Aussie music. Subjective of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spwqQ8ylg-U

• Locked thread