Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
is there an option for other: blank space to write in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

Personally don't dig the idea of listing what may be obvious choices. Feel like that would be pushing people to vote on things they may not otherwise vote for.

Would using google forms work for 1/2/3 voting system that's in place now? I could probably check it myself but I'm just gonna ask because I'm going to sleep.

Every single one of us has opposition defiant disorder so don't worry about influencing anything

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

HulkaMatt posted:

Personally don't dig the idea of listing what may be obvious choices. Feel like that would be pushing people to vote on things they may not otherwise vote for.

Would using google forms work for 1/2/3 voting system that's in place now? I could probably check it myself but I'm just gonna ask because I'm going to sleep.

I've never actually built one so I don't know how easily you could make a google spreadsheet parse the math for you, but you could definitely make a First, Second and Third field for us to write in and do the math manually. And honestly it may be able to do the math for you anyway. I'd ask Lone Goat for details if he doesn't mind chatting about it, he built the form for the Goonweight picks and it can do stuff similar to that, so with some tweaking it might be able to virtually automate everything on your end.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I really love this thread it's just difficult to discuss afterwards. I mean by it's very nature most of us agree with the results.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I really love this thread it's just difficult to discuss afterwards. I mean by it's very nature most of us agree with the results.

I added a link to it in the OP of this years Best and Worst thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694838

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

i voted for rumble for most improved fighter and while i can agree with 1st being dillashaw, neil magny at 2nd is a joke, as is him being 3rd in fighter of the year. he's looked like crap in every one of his fights and has squeaked through with close decisions against even worse opponents, but people get too hung up on the numbers and advanced stats or whatever. he beat 5 guys in a year big deal, i'm sure there's guys in the local shows beating 20 guys a year who are probably as bad as most of magny's opponents. also breakout fighter of the year should have been mcgregor, i love tj but all everybody has talked about the past 2 years has been conor. discuss, if you must

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Neil Magny might be a joke, but he's our joke.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Mean Bean Machine posted:

he beat 5 guys in a year big deal

That's actually a big loving deal. He went from being a mediocre fighter on a joke TUF season to stringing together a lot of wins... and get this... looking better each time. Rousey's KO being number 3 is the worst result on there imo. Also Middleweight is better than featherweight at the moment and that's not even on the list.

Also the breakout fighter of the year is usually reserved for people putting on great performances against tough competition, not for people putting on great performances against hand selected poor competition.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 2, 2015

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I voted for Neil Magny and Ronda's KO

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

acai moonsault posted:

You do realize Louis Smolka hit a man with sweet chin music on the best card of the year right?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I actually became more impressed with that KO this weekend because after seeing it replayed a billion times I noticed the whole floor of the octagon shakes from that loving judo toss.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Seltzer posted:

That's actually a big loving deal. He went from being a mediocre fighter on a joke TUF season to stringing together a lot of wins... and get this... looking better each time.

lol how is this fighter of the year standard? he beat 5 lovely fighters, big deal, you can find guys doing that on local shows all the time, nowadays most of ufc's roster is local show level guys anyway. also he was utter poo poo on tuf and is now average which is a pretty big leap in quality but will still get his poo poo pushed in by the first good fighter he faces but drat look at all those numbers, fighter of the year for sure. i voted 1) lawler 2) cerrone 3) tj btw. hate neil magny. i bet the cortxbomb guy could beat him up big time.

e: i voted MW as the best division, please nobody hold it against me

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

nowadays most of ufc's roster is local show level guys anyway.

This is completely untrue.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

lol how is this fighter of the year standard? he beat 5 lovely fighters, big deal, you can find guys doing that on local shows all the time, nowadays most of ufc's roster is local show level guys anyway. also he was utter poo poo on tuf and is now average which is a pretty big leap in quality but will still get his poo poo pushed in by the first good fighter he faces but drat look at all those numbers, fighter of the year for sure. i voted 1) lawler 2) cerrone 3) tj btw. hate neil magny. i bet the cortxbomb guy could beat him up big time.

e: i voted MW as the best division, please nobody hold it against me

You're down playing a massive achievement and while people like to joke about how the level of fighters is decreasing as the UFC has expanded, comparing the fighters Magny fought to guys on local circuits is really dumb. I watch tons of bad MMA from Oplot to Tachi Palace fights and you're flat out lying.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i guess i'm the only guy who watched every brazilian event, tuf china finale and european shows like that last year...the effects still linger

quote:

I watch tons of bad MMA from Oplot to Tachi Palace fights and you're flat out lying.

relax idiot

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Nice meltdown.

e- Additionally you're an idiot for making idiotic statements. No need to get pissy when you get called out.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

acai moonsault posted:

Same. if you think Ronda going from exclusive grappler to getting a 16-second ko with a slick combo in two fights isn't a top three ko then what the hell man

It's actually a travesty Werdum's flying knee ko over Hunt didn't rank. I realize Hunt is the goon favorite but that was awesome.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I voted for Neil Magny in several categories but excluded Ronda since I prefer flashy KOs with spinning poo poo and flying knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I voted for Neil Magny in several categories but excluded Ronda since I prefer flashy KOs with spinning poo poo and flying knees.

Davis spun through the air before violently colliding with the floor.

• Locked thread