Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Captain Log posted:

I didn't vote because I can never remember what happened when, but I appreciate this thread. Thanks, HulkaMatt.

i just used this to remember tbh, although it was missing some stuff

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I really love this thread it's just difficult to discuss afterwards. I mean by it's very nature most of us agree with the results.

i voted for rumble for most improved fighter and while i can agree with 1st being dillashaw, neil magny at 2nd is a joke, as is him being 3rd in fighter of the year. he's looked like crap in every one of his fights and has squeaked through with close decisions against even worse opponents, but people get too hung up on the numbers and advanced stats or whatever. he beat 5 guys in a year big deal, i'm sure there's guys in the local shows beating 20 guys a year who are probably as bad as most of magny's opponents. also breakout fighter of the year should have been mcgregor, i love tj but all everybody has talked about the past 2 years has been conor. discuss, if you must

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Seltzer posted:

That's actually a big loving deal. He went from being a mediocre fighter on a joke TUF season to stringing together a lot of wins... and get this... looking better each time.

lol how is this fighter of the year standard? he beat 5 lovely fighters, big deal, you can find guys doing that on local shows all the time, nowadays most of ufc's roster is local show level guys anyway. also he was utter poo poo on tuf and is now average which is a pretty big leap in quality but will still get his poo poo pushed in by the first good fighter he faces but drat look at all those numbers, fighter of the year for sure. i voted 1) lawler 2) cerrone 3) tj btw. hate neil magny. i bet the cortxbomb guy could beat him up big time.

e: i voted MW as the best division, please nobody hold it against me

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i guess i'm the only guy who watched every brazilian event, tuf china finale and european shows like that last year...the effects still linger

quote:

I watch tons of bad MMA from Oplot to Tachi Palace fights and you're flat out lying.

relax idiot

• Locked thread