Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ddegenha posted:

As for that coastline.. well, if anybody recognizes it, I’d be interested to hear.

I'm pretty sure that it's intentionally not recognizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ddegenha posted:

I mean, it’s not like I’ve ever played this game before…

Seriously? You're in for a treat.

Ciaphas posted:

That's a big part of why I'm looking forward to the rest of this LP. I want to remember if it's plothole-size-of-a-comet weird, bad translation weird, or actually legitimately :stare: weird.

I think it's a combination of those last two, but it's been a while since I played.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Young Frankenstein is a pretty uneven movie, but the best parts are really good. It's worth a watch if you have some time to kill.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I've forgotten a lot about this game, but not those drat vampires. Screw them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, I love the next area. Probably had the first second third biggest "I'm traumatized now, thanks" moment for me in the game too.

Yep. I only remember two scenes from the game past here besides the ending, and this is one of them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure that's the other one I remember.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ddegenha posted:

Next Update: Russian Glass

OK thread, get ready for some serious :psyduck:.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

If I'm remembering the rest of the game right, this pegs a mere eight out of ten on the "what the gently caress NOA"-o-meter. :kheldragar:

Yeah. There were three scenes in this game that I remembered despite having forgotten almost everything else. The first was Seth being eaten by Riverson, the second was Russian glass, and the third is going to make both of those look pretty mild.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

If I recall correctly, if you drink the wrong glass, it resets the scene and Will says something like it's playing it off as a vision he had. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's a game over, but you have to get the prompt that says "This is poison and will kill you. Do you really want to drink it?" and say yes, so it's not like they don't warn you.

Libluini posted:

If we're thinking about the same third thing, I found it oddly romantic when playing through the game for the first time.

Romantic is pretty low on the list of words I'd use to describe what I have in mind, but I guess we'll find out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't remember the next dungeon at all.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

I don't remember the next dungeon at all.

Ignorance is bliss. This loving place, man.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That was the third thing that stuck with me from this game. I forgot how little screen time Hamlet gets beforehand, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Angkor Wat looks really good compared to the two dungeons it's between.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't remember the translation for Terranigma being as bad as this one, but it's been a while since I played. I certainly won't forget the very last part of the story, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I had completely forgotten about that. I guess barbecuing the female lead's pet is just so much more memorable than doing the same to an underdeveloped antagonist.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yep. It's not messed up in the way that a lot of the plot is, but it stands out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

We're asking the OP of this thread to do a blind LP of the game in question, so yes, we probably should keep the spoilers to a minimum.

• Locked thread