Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

George posted:

This game is so special. It tells its story in this really compelling way, like everything is happening outside of time. Its themes are actually really poignant and deep, but it focuses so much on characters and personal moments, even for characters we see once, that everything is grounded in the human experience. This makes it so much more creepy, touching, exciting, and mysterious than it would have been otherwise.

The gameplay is good enough, but I kind of wish it were smoother so I could enjoy replaying this game more. I want a fourth game in its lineage more than anything.

The Granstream Saga is sort of the unofficial fourth game in the set, being made by essentially all the same people, after Quintet became Shade. It handles some of the same sort of themes, but unfortunately has not aged very well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread